'06 Summer Jamz

12346»

Comments

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    I'm on about the third repeat of that what you know reggae remix...

I thought it was mainly the beat that I liked on the OG version, but I guess T.I.'s raps have more appeal than I thought.

Thanks for posting that up!

yep, i passed it on to my dj homey and he bangs it. thanks again.

the og isn't quite on "stay fly" levels for me but i'd say its the strongest song of the year and it has the 'never get sick of hearing it' quality.

head nod to bumpin my music remix. can't front on a song with pimp c, pat, and ti

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts

It's news to me that actual people (i.e. people that don't have blogs) in other parts of the country are paying attention to music from the Bay at all.

I'm in Quebec & I can't get hyphy enough.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    The Official List

1)its goin down (everyone loves this song......i think)
    2)u & dat (will set a party on fire.....should be #1..but i dont want to hear u bastards call "regional bias")
    3)snap ya fingaz (this song is kinda old)
    4)why u wanna
    5)blow the whistle (yea i said it Ross....dancefloor ONLY essential)
    6)so what ( im sick of this already..."i i been ta jaaaail")
    7)promiscuous (fire.........yeah....i .....said.....it )
    8)me & u (I HATE THIS GODDAMN SONG !!!!!!!)
    9)i love my bitch (stop hattin Chan )
    10)say somethin ( "so whatcha gon do....whatcha gon do?")

BONUS BULLSHIT
    bossy....temperature...do it, to it..(all 3 complete garbage...but i'll be fair)

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    5)blow the whistle (yea i said it Ross....dancefloor ONLY essential)

What the what? I love that song.

Or are you saying that you like it ONLY on the dancefloor?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    are you saying that you like it ONLY on the dancefloor?

correct

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Lloyd Banks - My House
    Juevinille - Why I Be Leanin
    Jody Breeze - Rookie of the Year

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    "It's Going Down" and "Why You Wanna" will probably compete for top contendor as summer jam '06

"Why you wanna" is dope and I got the promos a while ago, but I don't know if it will break over here (unless it gets videoradiopayolagalore)...I really like the idea of flipping Crystal Waters, but alot of people in the industry over here think that it is too slow and you might need to speed it up with a remix or something. This has also been proven in the clubs that after the first chorus, people get somehow tired of the song...dunno, could be all wrong....nevertheless, it is a dope song, one of my favorites from that album....
    this bugged me about most clubs in europe... too slow??? if it was dancehall, it would'nt be too slow. i guess kids there grew up on techno.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Lloyd Banks - My House
    Juevinille - Why I Be Leanin
    Jody Breeze - Rookie of the Year

huh? i dont think so. I dont think thats how you spell the second one either.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    So.. "what's your opinion" ... "WRONG!"

"My House" NO? this is definitely my contender fo Timbs output this summer. "Promiscuous" has gotten way too much rub to last all summer.

Bsides, You even heard that Jody Breeze? prolly not. We're talking about predictions, right? Like, things that haven t already been on the radio for all of Spring? You really want jump down my throat for spelling?

Those tracks I listed are some things I got in the mail recently that I will put on rotation for this summer.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Lloyd Banks - My House

"dad rap"

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    please explain how an album like Get Ya Mind Correct spawns two of the most mediocre, boring artists of the last year and a half.

How you derive boring from songs such as Sittin Sidewayz, Ridin, Chunk Up the Deuce, and Picture Perfect, I will never[/b] know.

Also, for the few hyphy songs that have slipped through the cracks to reach people here in Austin, the response has been tremendous, despite the suits trying to hold back a positive reaction.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Lloyd Banks - My House

"dad rap"
    HAHA! sept dad never followed it up with "bitch, i run this"

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    I forgot about "Sittin Sidewayz." Haven't heard "Chunk up the Deuce" or "Picture Perfect." I'm guessing most people probably haven't, either.

Sorry, but "Ridin" does not do it for me.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Also, for the few hyphy songs that have slipped through the cracks to reach people here in Austin, the response has been tremendous, despite the suits trying to hold back a positive reaction.

If anything it would be the crowd's reaction that would prevent hyphy from going over here... the major label (aka 'suits') push that never let Tell Me When to Go die is the only reason it finally caught on here

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    Lloyd Banks "My house"? Sounds like it could be another "Karma" or "smile". count me in dudes-seriously

and yo

DONNEL JONES, BITCHES[/b]

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    paris hilton's stars are blind is gonna be this years summer jamz and before you discount this lets just recall what happened last year when my girl mariah kep it like a cow gone commercial. sh-shake it off doggz. talking about gangster rap like that's gonna do something. this aint 2003 folls!

So Cham is dropping Grown & Sexy instead of In the Trunk as his 3rd single. Just as good...

The album is just about to reach plat by the way.

• deepbrntdeepbrnt 241 Posts
    who knows

Backwudz is cool
    maybe Daz & Rick Ross 'On Some Real Sh**'
    that TI 'Why You Wanna' will still be running
    the Nelly Furtado could hit
    Outkast 'Mighty O'

also, this song is kinda summer-y
    this song

• UMADUMAD 187 Posts
    I'm putting in "sleeper hit" vote for "Vans" by the Pack. After an intense bidding war between the label/conglomerate I consult for and a couple other majors, these dudes have inked a big deal (unfortunately not with my guys). The song will start impacting at radio in a week, and already got like 60 organic spins in Miami. Shit is the next Laffy Taffy. By the way, Young Joc didn't really sell nann records. I think Ice Cube will come out ahead of him. On another interesting note, 40's sales are going back up and his video just got added at BET and MTV2. "Snap Yo Fingas" is gonna end up doing more for him than "Tell Me When to Go" in terms of introducing him to disinterested 14 year olds.

• HAZBEENHAZBEEN 564 Posts

How you derive boring from songs such as Sittin Sidewayz, Ridin, Chunk Up the Deuce, and Picture Perfect, I will never[/b] know.

Neither Paul Wall's or Cham's album was as dope as I hoped. 2/3 songs off the people champ were "holy fuck!" material. I still play the shit out of "They Don't Know". The rest kinda was MOR. I used to dig Chamillionaire because he can rip a mic, but he's kinda boring me lately, sounding like some bad 50 cent imitation. I never thought that i'd miss the amateur sounding production of GYMC so much, but his new beats sound completely pedestrian. Its like watching the ho next door try to step up her game by wearing last year's fashions.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I'm putting in "sleeper hit" vote for "Vans" by the Pack. After an intense bidding war between the label/conglomerate I consult for and a couple other majors, these dudes have inked a big deal (unfortunately not with my guys).

I used to dig Chamillionaire because he can rip a mic, but he's kinda boring me lately, sounding like some bad 50 cent imitation. I never thought that i'd miss the amateur sounding production of GYMC so much, but his new beats sound completely pedestrian. Its like watching the ho next door try to step up her game by wearing last year's fashions to the Grammy's where she accepts a trophy and then flips your punk ass off.[/b]

• bropsbrops 182 Posts
    Nelly Furtado - Say It Right

Not sure if it's gonna be a single. It's cheezy as hell. Got some Enya-feel to it, somehow. But my female friends have gone mad when I've played it late on parties.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I'm putting in "sleeper hit" vote for "Vans" by the Pack. After an intense bidding war between the label/conglomerate I consult for and a couple other majors, these dudes have inked a big deal (unfortunately not with my guys).

agreed, I have heard the vans song on the local station

and why can't the clipse have an album out like right now? damn you jive records!!!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Nelly Furtado - Do It

• bropsbrops 182 Posts
    Me myself and I kind of like the opening track on Lily Allen's album, though. "Smile". Simple, but nice tune. Rihanna also got a few nice tracks beside "SOS". But, my summer jam gotta be Hot Chip - "Over and Over". It came out in february, but I'm still diggin' it.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    "It's Going Down" and "Why You Wanna" will probably compete for top contendor as summer jam '06

"Why you wanna" is dope and I got the promos a while ago, but I don't know if it will break over here (unless it gets videoradiopayolagalore)...I really like the idea of flipping Crystal Waters, but alot of people in the industry over here think that it is too slow and you might need to speed it up with a remix or something. This has also been proven in the clubs that after the first chorus, people get somehow tired of the song...dunno, could be all wrong....nevertheless, it is a dope song, one of my favorites from that album....
    this bugged me about most clubs in europe... too slow??? if it was dancehall, it would'nt be too slow. i guess kids there grew up on techno.

yeah, since most people know the OG, it feels a bit slow...but afterall it works now, people know the song now and it is and will be big over here as well all over summer...next to that, I'll add "Maneater" Nelly Furtado, and the "Mas que nada" from that Sergio Album...slowly picking up major radio airplay over here...

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    Me myself and I kind of like the opening track on Lily Allen's album, though. "Smile". Simple, but nice tune. Rihanna also got a few nice tracks beside "SOS". But, my summer jam gotta be Hot Chip - "Over and Over". It came out in february, but I'm still diggin' it.
    Can someone make a 'take that shit to pitchfork.com' graemlin?

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

Summer Jams
    1. T.I. - Why You Wanna - this is as good as gold fellas. wait till theres a video for it, people will lose it.

2. Young Joc - its goin down. - One of the hardest southern beats out right now. Mezmerizing hook.

3. Rick Ross - Hustlin (or possibly the remix with jay and jeezy)

4. Whatever Dem Franchise Boyz chooses to release next. DOesnt matter.

And for my super duper longshot pick......

Cory Gunz feat. lil wayne - what you know about this.

thats it fellas.

I'm inclined to say that B-Sides number 2 pick is the 2006 Summer Jam. Anytime this gets played in the club, the whole place goes nuts and does that "rev' the motorcycle" dance.

• jazzercismjazzercism 838 Posts
    the whole place goes nuts and does that "rev' the motorcycle" dance.

AKA "the Tom Cruise"