'06 Summer Jamz

faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
edited May 2006 in Strut Central
It's that time already, you batchez.Do we have any early contenders?

Comments

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Since you will most likely disagree with everybodies suggestions why don't you save us a five-pager and just tell us what is an acceptable summer jam?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I got nothin

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Rhianna - SOS

watch. it's steady climbing the charts as we speak. yes i know it's been out for a minute, but it's just gaining heat. personally i find the song catchy as hell! that Tainted Love sample is addictive.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Rhianna - SOS

watch. it's steady climbing the charts as we speak. yes i know it's been out for a minute, but it's just gaining heat. personally i find the song catchy as hell! that Tainted Love sample is addictive.

That has been really pickin' up mad play. It's about a month old now. Can it burn until July though?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Rhianna - SOS

That is a perceptive pick.

Has Field Mob released a single in support of the DTP album that's supposedly coming next month?

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Rhianna - SOS

Maybe then that Soft Cell guy doesn't have to get his ass out anymore with being over 40 now and still performing this song playback at waverenaissanceparties

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Rhianna - SOS

That has been really pickin' up mad play. It's about a month old now. Can it burn until July though?

As snoozy as radio has been lately, they might still be playing the LL and Ne-Yo songs this summer

Has Field Mob released a single in support of the DTP album that's supposedly coming next month?

Isnt that single w/ Ciara that one?

• meistromocomeistromoco 953 Posts
    Nelly Furtado - No Hay Igual

Not sure if the Spanish can carry it to "Summer Jam" status, but it's my pick.

Rhianna - SOS

As snoozy as radio has been lately, they might still be playing the LL

Plaese, no.

But you're right that there just don't seem to be many credible contenders.

Rhianna - SOS

As snoozy as radio has been lately, they might still be playing the LL and Ne-Yo songs this summer

True, but kids are still in skool. U need that high school demograph to put a "summerjam" over the top. May just started.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

"so what...."

lol

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Chamillionaire - In My Trunk

If this gets released as a single, Cham's album will sell as many copies as Jeezy's.

I actually think that Picture Perfect is a better song than In the Trunk, but coming off the heels of Ridin Cham's commerical momentum would be maximized with In the Trunk.

I don't know... I haven't heard it.

If this gets released as a single, Cham's album will sell as many copies as Jeezy's.

I actually think that Picture Perfect is a better song than In the Trunk, but coming off the heels of Ridin Cham's commerical momentum would be maximized with In the Trunk.

he cant have a summer jam.

I've seen the video a handful of times.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Por que?

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts

Disconnected from the clubs? That song is pure dancefloor fire.

I've seen the video a handful of times.

SO WHAT

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    It's that time already, you batchez.

Do we have any early contenders?

here's some mp3 action:

ciara

Por que?

maybe i'm wrong. his current single is doing pretty good, but i dont know if he has the summer jam in him. not commercial enough.

Por que?

The overwhelmingly ass-hurt quality of most of his recent work.

Also, listening to that album, it's difficult for me to imagine women getting into any of the material on it.

• I'd wager that "Promiscuous Girl" is set to blow. Moreso than No Hay Igual, I think.

• Since you will most likely disagree with everybodies suggestions why don't you save us a five-pager and just tell us what is an acceptable summer jam?

pretty much sums up what this threadis most likely to become

anyways I gotta go with Gnarls Barkley "Crazy". Already buzz heavy in so many markets and genres.

May not be a favorite of many here but your hatery doesn't decide the charts...er...I mean the "streets"

• Isn't it a bit early to try and predict this years yams?

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Since you will most likely disagree with everybodies suggestions why don't you save us a five-pager and just tell us what is an acceptable summer jam?

anyways I gotta go with Gnarls Barkley "Crazy". Already buzz heavy in so many markets and genres.

May not be a favorite of many here but your hatery doesn't decide the charts...er...I mean the "streets"

I missed all the hattery on here, but now that I've seen the video three times I am already tired of it.

Dudes is ass-hurt from the gate!