Kankick - Seeing Spirits (holy shit!!)

crossingscrossings 946 Posts
edited April 2006 in Strut Central
it's not very often that i like every track on an album, but lately i've been feeling pretty blessed with the amount of great hip-hop instrumental albums that have been coming out [such as Dilla's "donuts" or the new Madlib - Beat Konducta movie scenes]... but i had really been sleeping on the latest effort by Kankick. the reason why, is because only 100 copies were pressed of this beat CD titled "Seeing Spirits" (on illmindmuzik), so it wasn't exactly easy to find.i finally got a copy of my own [i had to after hearing the MP3s off of soulseek last night...] and i can not even get into how much ass these beats are kicking right now! if you're into all those madlib n dilla beat tapes, you're gonna LOVE this shit!! it's about 90% instrumentals with MCs on only a couple of the tracks.anyway... since i'm diggin it so much and since its pretty rare and hard to buy in stores, i figured that i'd actually take the time to upload this shit to share with you all. so here it is, one of best beat tapes you've yet to hear... Kankick - Seeing Spirits ps: nevermind the wayne shorter album cover in the ZIP file... the shit snuck in there somehow.....

Comments

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    are you somehow involved in this project?

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    in no way, shape, or form... and i wouldn't upload the entire thing if it weren't for the fact that since only 100 copies were pressed i won't be depriving any artists of their money... but i'm just sharing it since i thought it was good... that's all.

is my generosity ???

• Thanks

downloading right now...

Always happy to download music...

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

is my generosity ???

i dunno, just curious

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    nice one. can't wait to give it a listen!

kankick > ohno

???

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    Yessssss, this is such a good one! About to put this one on now.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Word, downloading it now...

Anyone else got those instrumental LPs Kankick did. The brown cover one and greeny-blue one... those were dope!

peace.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    The brown cover one and greeny-blue one... those were dope!

yes and yes. The man deserves his propers.

• one of my favortie bm's ever...and yea this album is a bomb...i got some more of kans instrumental stuff will upload it later today...

• ericeric 155 Posts
    wicked, kankick is one of the illest,....thank you

I've tried downloading this thing 20 times over the past 4 hours.

Can someone who has successfuly done it, put it up on yousendit.com?

muchos thanks.

B

• I'm downloading now... I rate Kick as well.

Man, this is like mega-crappy speed... 90mins till it finishes??
    52MB file should usually take me less than 10mins...
    maybe 100 people are all downloading at once...

Thanks for uploading though..

I'm downloading now... I rate Kick as well.

J***n, please to upload to yousendit for me

Also, know any promoters that wanna bring Optimen down there, the last group failed miserably... don't think we'll ever make it down.

peace mate.

b

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Note to self: do not use uploadr.com for file hosting

Slooooooow moving.

But seriously, crossings, thanks for the upload. I'm looking forward to hearing this. I didn't buy those two others when they came out, which was probably a mistake, cause I remember them as being real good.

• I'm downloading now... I rate Kick as well.

J***n, please to upload to yousendit for me

Also, know any promoters that wanna bring Optimen down there, the last group failed miserably... don't think we'll ever make it down.

peace mate.

b

Okay, but you'll have a 66+ min wait... Ha!
    Go get a cup of tea & a slug crumpet while you pass the time...

Yeah. The Optimen...
    I thought it was this month...
    Their previous event was lucky to even break even...

T***t is doing P.U.T.S. in July...
    At the Forum (where J-Rocc, Q-Bert, Jazzy Jay played a few years back) at Fox. Maybe...???

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Word, downloading it now...

Anyone else got those instrumental LPs Kankick did. The brown cover one and greeny-blue one... those were dope!

peace.

Yea I like those two. Haven't listened to them in awhile maybe I'll bust them out.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    rapidshare re-up

Thanks crossings.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Just had a flick through it and sounds like good stuff. Cheers crossings

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I love kanzulu thanks for this stuff crossings

• man! on the b-side of Babu's old mixtape "Comprehension" dude did a whole side of his beats. to this day probally some of the sickest beats (of that style) I've ever heard and this was like 1995 or so. I don't know why dude intentionally sabotage's himself by releasing extremely-limited or under the radar releases.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    I don't know why dude intentionally sabotage's himself by releasing extremely-limited or under the radar releases.

I myself am puzzled as to why he isnt related to stonesthrow yet. They are his market

• I don't know why dude intentionally sabotage's himself by releasing extremely-limited or under the radar releases.

I myself am puzzled as to why he isnt related to stonesthrow yet. They are his market

It is strange, considering he was the unofficial 4th member of Lootpack back in the early days of Madlib's crew. His sound is so Stonesthrow. And he used to do heaps of stuff with Declaime, before Dec reverted back to Dudley.
    Maybe he just wanted a separate identity & didn't feel he'd get it with Lib being the ST darling...

• crossingscrossings 946 Posts
    thanks for re-upping that guys... i had never used uploadr.com for hosting before, but they SOUNDED like a good idea since i didn't want the link to expire after 25 downloads (that seems to happen all the time here)... the way uploadr works is that the link stays up until it hasn't been downloaded by anyone for a full week. of course i didn't think it would be so slow... maybe it was just because everyone's been getting it at once??... anyways, there are options for downloading now. glad you guys are enjoying it... this has been #1 on my playlist this week.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    kankick > ohno

???

I can only hope

ohno's album was truly

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

Paging DJ Day...

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Thanks for sharing this

• Thanks for this!! highly slept on producer, unfortunately...

He also did a project a while back with Declaime and someone else, called Madmen. One record was the vocal versions, while the second was all instros. Some of the est beats from him that i've heard yet.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    I love the two Acid Massive Musical records. (brown and blue ones mentioned above)

But I had trouble getting into this when I put it on earlier... I was getting ready for work and wasn't exactly in the right frame of mind (read: stoned) so I'm going to have to give it another go tonight.

Kanzulu is mos def one of the most slept on producers though. Dude flips some craaaazy sounds on those Acid Massive Musicals.

Thanks for posting this up Crossings!!!

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts