NBA PLAYOFFS '05-'06 What'sGood BATCHEZ

Comments

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    Looking forward to tonight's game. Mavs have yet to put together anything resembling a solid effort in this series, and that worries me. There were some positives in Game 2 though, like the play of Diop and tougher D on Nash in the second half. Bell will probably not play in either of the games in Phoenix, so the Mavs HAVE to take at least one out there.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    okay this is ridiculous. go to NBA.com and they have 60 greatest playoff moments in nba history. they got mawfuggin' "AI shocks LA in finals" and Allan Houston, not to mention all these Jordan clips, but no D-fish, 0.4 seconds????? or Kobe's double OT miracle shots????? fuckin' ridiculous. Talk about LA hate league-wide.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    OK I'm always drunk...and I'm outta towm about 70% of the time....But damn, our Mavs just might be doing it this year.

just a heads up to Dallas/ Texas residents....

Ben and Skin, the guys who do the post game show on the Ticket are big time hip hop heads (hydroponic sound system) and Skin is a writer for the observer and such. Ben is quite a nice MC who has a CD coming out soon (Coffee Nods)... I've done records with both these guys and they are really good people with even better drug stories with the mavs dating back to the mid 90's...

• 16_beat16_beat 56 Posts
    okay this is ridiculous. go to NBA.com and they have 60 greatest playoff moments in nba history. they got mawfuggin' "AI shocks LA in finals" and Allan Houston, not to mention all these Jordan clips, but no D-fish, 0.4 seconds????? or Kobe's double OT miracle shots????? fuckin' ridiculous. Talk about LA hate league-wide.

ugh dude ... give it up, la is not conspired against in any way .. problem is there are TOO many great la moments, so they probably had to spread it out. i cant even believe i'm responding to this ... waste of time ... plus, that allan houston shit was real. def. a classic moment - that shot won the series in game 5 in miami, big big deal at the time, cant clown that .. i also wouldnt called it "ai shocks la" - what i remember most from that was him stepping over tryonn lue in game 1, that was the shit right there, vintage ai for sure. la's also got probably the best single playoff moment in nba history w/ magic's game 7 against boston when kareem was out. whatever, here we go with ANOTHER pointless argument about the damn lakers.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Even if the Mav's don't win it all this year one thing has certainly been proven...

Dirk is a PLAYER!!!!!

Last night his game was MVP-like

Dirk 28-Pts/17-Rebounds/5-Assists/2-Blks/1-Steal

MVP Nash 21-Pts./1-Rebound/7-Assists/1-Blk/0-Steals

I'm still feeling a Mavs/Heat Final

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    95 points in game 2, 88 in game 3.

That ain't Suns basketball.

The true MVP is being shown in these playoffs.

Second half of last night's game, the Mavs finally played like they are the better team. They need to keep that up and approach game 4 with an assassin's mentality.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I agree with you Rockadelic. No Raja Bell and the threat of Josh Howard, Diop, Terry, and Nowitzki, damn... the Suns where hurtin' after the first half. The Mavs really hustled.

And yes:

I'm still feeling a Mavs/Heat Final

Although, I think the Suns will make a run during the next two games. I hope D'antoni puts Kurt Thomas on to play a little more D and grab some rebounds, especially since Raja is out.

Did anyone else see the mom and son with the 1/2 Mavs and 1/2 Suns jerseys stitched together? Priceless and truly

Second half of last night's game, the Mavs finally played like they are the better team. They need to keep that up and approach game 4 with an assassin's mentality.

Yup, their bench and players are simply deeper than the Sun's bench. Avery Johnson's emphasis on defense is much harder to beat with only 6 offensive players. D'antoni will hopefully rethink his strategy soon. Game 4 on Tuesday night....

ugh dude ... give it up, la is not conspired against in any way .. problem is there are TOO many great la moments, so they probably had to spread it out. i cant even believe i'm responding to this ... waste of time ... plus, that allan houston shit was real. def. a classic moment - that shot won the series in game 5 in miami, big big deal at the time, cant clown that .. i also wouldnt called it "ai shocks la" - what i remember most from that was him stepping over tryonn lue in game 1, that was the shit right there, vintage ai for sure. la's also got probably the best single playoff moment in nba history w/ magic's game 7 against boston when kareem was out. whatever, here we go with ANOTHER pointless argument about the damn lakers.

allan who? "ai in the finals!"? robert horry shot with Spurs over robert horry shot with Lakers?? please.

i wouldn't be surprised at all, if most of these dudes that made this list were from the eastcoast.

wow...Fisher not even a nod in the "honorable mention" section.......kobe's first and only mention at #58.......but ofcourse "Shaq flirts with quadruple double (against philly)" gets #37. this list is garbage.

Raja Bell
    = scrub/garbage.

• Options
    Were you an only child?

K.

sorry, no i just know a lot of basketball and i'm in a bad mood.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Raja Bell
    = scrub/garbage.

Yuichi, you are mad.

Raja Bell
    = scrub/garbage.

Yuichi, you are mad.

naw i'm not mad that he clotheslined kobe. actually i give him props for doing that. haha. i thought it was rather funny.

imo, he would be 2-string and as obscure as Kendall Gill, if he weren't with the Suns.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Raja Bell
    = scrub/garbage.

Yuichi, you are mad.

imo, he would be 2-string and as obscure as Kendall Gill, if he weren't with the Suns.

There are a number of great players in the NBA who were 2nd stringers/bench warmers until they found the right fit.

Just a few off the top:
    Tracy McGrady
    Ben Wallace
    Jermain O'Neal

What's your point?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Raja Bell
    = scrub/garbage.

Yuichi, you are mad.

There are a number of great players in the NBA who were 2nd stringers/bench warmers until they found the right fit.

Just a few off the top:
    Tracy McGrady
    Ben Wallace
    Jermain O'Neal

What's your point?

Raja Bell
    = scrub/garbage.

HATTER!

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Yuchi, you're showing your usual maturity when it comes to all things Lakers. And if you didn't notice, they listed the people who compiled the list on NBA.com

PANEL OF EXPERTS

??? Marv Albert, TNT
    ??? Steve Aschburner, AOL.com, Minneapolis Star-Tribune
    ??? Rick Barry, Hall of Famer west coast[/b]
    ??? Clyde Drexler, Hall of Famer west coast[/b]
    ??? David DuPree, USA Today
    ??? Clyde Frazier, Hall of Famer
    ??? George Gervin, Hall of Famer west[/b]
    ??? Gail Goodrich, NBA TV, Hall of Famer west coast[/b]
    ??? Frank Isola, NY Daily News, NBA TV
    ??? Phil Jasner, Philadelphia Daily News
    ??? Bob Lanier, Hall of Famer
    ??? Jack McCallum, Sports Illustrated
    ??? Brent Musburger, ABC/ESPN
    ??? Scottie Pippen, ABC/ESPN, One of the 50 Greatest Players
    ??? Harvey Pollack, 76ers Director of Statistical Information
    ??? Jack Ramsay, Hall of Famer, ABC/ESPN
    ??? Bill Russell, Hall of Famer OG west coast[/b]
    ??? Chris Sheridan, ESPN.com
    ??? Bill Simmons, ESPN.com
    ??? Kenny Smith, TNT
    ??? Sam Smith, Chicago Tribune
    ??? Dick Stockton, TNT
    ??? Rick Kamla, NBA TV
    ??? Peter Vecsey, NY Post, NBA TV
    ??? Bill Walton, Hall of Famer, ABC/ESPN west coast[/b]

probably missing some others that are from the West.

And gee, looking at the top 10 plays they have the following:

1. Magic fills in at center
    7. Mr. Clutch Sinks a 60-footer
    8. Magic's junior, junior sky hook

Or does your Lakers' history only begin and end with Kobe?

And to continue they have the following as well:

11. Ralph Sampson Game Winner vs. lakers; Game 5, 1986
    12. Bill Russell's 30-point, 40-Rebound Performance, Frank Selvy for the LakersMissed Shot, Cousy Dribbles Out Clock; Game 7, 1962 NVA Finals
    13. Isiah, 43 points (25 in 4th), 8 Assists On Bad Ankle; Game 6, 1988 NBA Finals vs. Lakers
    14. Julius Erving's Ultimate Baseline Scoop Move vs. Lakers; Game 4, 1980 NBA Finals
    15. Elgin Baylor's 61-Point, 22-Rebound Performance Vs. Celtics; Game 5, 1962 NBA Finals
    18. Derek Fisher's Mmiracle Shot; Game 5, Western Conference, 2004 Semifinals

Yes, Lakers' games are DEFINITELY underrepresented in this list.

you're funny motown, as usual. the only relevant fact that is note-worthy is the Derek Fisher at #18, which i did not catch and jumped the gun.

Drewn, he's close to 30, and he is Raja Bell at best. His work ethic is good, his game is okay, he is with the Suns who distribute the ball evenly, and that's why he is Raja Bell.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    And to continue they have the following as well:

11. Ralph Sampson Game Winner vs. lakers; Game 5, 1986
    12. Bill Russell's 30-point, 40-Rebound Performance, Frank Selvy for the LakersMissed Shot, Cousy Dribbles Out Clock; Game 7, 1962 NVA Finals
    13. Isiah, 43 points (25 in 4th), 8 Assists On Bad Ankle; Game 6, 1988 NBA Finals vs. Lakers
    14. Julius Erving's Ultimate Baseline Scoop Move vs. Lakers; Game 4, 1980 NBA Finals
    15. Elgin Baylor's 61-Point, 22-Rebound Performance Vs. Celtics; Game 5, 1962 NBA Finals
    18. Derek Fisher's Mmiracle Shot; Game 5, Western Conference, 2004 Semifinals

Yes, Lakers' games are DEFINITELY underrepresented in this list.

Well, of course they're gonna feature plays/events where some other team sonned the Lakers--that's just further evidence of the conspiracy against them!

now everytime i see Raja Bell on t.v. i'm gonna think of Mylatency. great! lol
    just like i associate Marcia Cross with Mark. this is troubling.

now everytime i see Raja Bell on t.v. i'm gonna think of Mylatency. great! lol
    just like i associate Marcia Cross with Mark. this is troubling.

thanks for the new avatar, Y!

you're funny motown, as usual. the only relevant fact that is note-worthy is the Derek Fisher at #18, which i did not catch and jumped the gun.

Drewn, he's close to 30, and he is Raja Bell at best. His work ethic is good, his game is okay, he is with the Suns who distribute the ball evenly, and that's why he is Raja Bell.

Not as funny as you whining all the time.

okay this is ridiculous. go to NBA.com and they have 60 greatest playoff moments in nba history. they got mawfuggin' "AI shocks LA in finals" and Allan Houston, not to mention all these Jordan clips, but no D-fish, 0.4 seconds????? or Kobe's double OT miracle shots????? fuckin' ridiculous. Talk about LA hate league-wide.[/b]

And to re-iterate, 9 out of the top 20 plays involve the Lakers. And Fisher's shot WAS included. The #1 play in NBA playoff history on the list involves Magic, and the Lakers have 3 other spots in the top 10.

Again, I ask, does your love for the Lakers only relate to Kobe?

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

Not as funny as you whining all the time.

i hope your Golden State Warriors make it to the playoffs next year.

okay this is ridiculous. go to NBA.com and they have 60 greatest playoff moments in nba history. they got mawfuggin' "AI shocks LA in finals" and Allan Houston, not to mention all these Jordan clips, but no D-fish, 0.4 seconds????? or Kobe's double OT miracle shots????? fuckin' ridiculous. Talk about LA hate league-wide.[/b]

And to re-iterate, 9 out of the top 20 plays involve the Lakers. And Fisher's shot WAS included. The #1 play in NBA playoff history on the list involves Magic, and the Lakers have 3 other spots in the top 10.

Again, I ask, does your love for the Lakers only relate to Kobe?

i already said that i "jumped the gun", i hope you read that part.

Detroit does not have an answer for him. If he can break down the Detroit defense, he can break down any defense. He's gonna be one of the best players in the league for years to come. The reason why he's so effective is because he's one of the most well-conditioned athletes the league has ever seen at his size. With more experience, he'll naturally get a better sense of the game and hopefully a more consistent mid to long-range game. Miami is creating all kinds of matchup problems, and Detroit's bench is not sufficing. Miami wants this more.