NBA PLAYOFFS '05-'06 What'sGood BATCHEZ

Comments

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Jason Williams of old = nice show, little in actually helping a team though.

Showboat passes = turnovers

Constant 3 pointers = fast breaks for other team and low FG% for himself and team

When he went to Memphis he quit all that.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    [yuichi]dog, have u ever played basketball??[/yuichi]

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I'd much rather watch Jdub with Sactown than Jdub of now. Course if I lived in Miami, I might want the Jdub of now. "if ya don't like that, you don't like NBA basketball!". ahhh, the good old days....when Sacramento was actually a force in the West....and when the Lakers were running shit....

wow, Phoenix won again huh? NOBODY in the NBA wants to run up the score against the Suns. NOBODY. that's just dumb. 3 out of 4 times, Phoenix is gonna win in games like that.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    wow, Phoenix won again huh? NOBODY in the NBA wants to run up the score against the Suns. NOBODY. that's just dumb. 3 out of 4 times, Phoenix is gonna win in games like that.

No offense, but dog - for someone who supposedly knows so much about ball, you sure don't watch a lot of it!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

No offense, but dog - for someone who supposedly knows so much about ball, you sure don't watch a lot of it!

He's busy living it. What part of that do you not understand?

He's busy living it. What part of that do you not understand?

I don't understand the pick-up/3-on-3 part of the game.

yup, cuz i don't have cable. I can pretty much tell the story looking at the box score. I am on that level.

Phoenix scores 121, Dallas 118. You really don't have to watch the game to even know that Phoenix is fully utilizing its strengths. and they're proving that NOONE wants to exchange baskets with them.

although I would much rather WATCH IT.

Haha, "fully utilizing their strengths" = "broad generalization based on reading the boxscore"

I'm just giving you a hard time. It was way more complex than that though

It was way more complex than that though

all good. But the final score gives you the bottom line, which says both teams were offensive-minded. If I were to come up with some bogus made-up stat like "When the Suns score more than 55 by halftime, they win 80% of the time", I don't think i'd be far from the truth. ya know?

all good. But the final score gives you the bottom line, which says both teams were offensive-minded. If I were to come up with some bogus made-up stat like "When the Suns score more than 55 by halftime, they win 80% of the time", I don't think i'd be far from the truth. ya know?

It really wouldn't account for the fact that, with under 4 minutes remaining the Mavs were up by a fair amount. I parked my car at that time (listening on the radio) and it seemed that the Mavs had the game firmly in hand... It seemed like the Mavericks were going to win the entire fourth quarter - the Suns really snuck away with it but you wouldn't see that by reading the boxes.

Anyways I am not trying to make you jealous. It was a hell of a game though!

It really wouldn't account for the fact that, with under 4 minutes remaining the Mavs were up by a fair amount. I parked my car at that time (listening on the radio) and it seemed that the Mavs had the game firmly in hand... It seemed like the Mavericks were going to win the entire fourth quarter - the Suns really snuck away with it but you wouldn't see that by reading the boxes.

yea i see what you're saying. the drama of the game is definitely more important.
    but i'm just saying that Phoenix will RUN YOU SON. 48min. the game can be on the line, and not ONE of those starting players is scared to shoot.

It's as easy as Nash screen-roll> dish> swing it >hit the open three (of which there are many perimeter threats...many...)

• 16_beat16_beat 56 Posts
    what has happened to jason williams? five or six years ago he was the most exciting player in the nba playoffs. now he gets the job done but has zero flash. is he even more valuable this way?

5/6 yrs ago he was the most HYPED player in the NBA playoffs. He's a very good role player and not the star(white chocolate) the league wished for. He's historically an erratic pg.

regardless of whether he was hyped, he still gets major PT on what is arguably the best team in the league. i am just curious as to why he ditched the "white chocolate" aspect of his game. pistol pete would be disappointed.

He's just not that good of a player. All that showmanship w/ a questionable jumpshot and assist/turnover ratio, doesnt bode well w/ coaches. Bibby also made him expendable.

j. williams has had one of the best assist-to-turnover ratios in the league for several years now.

yea i see what you're saying. the drama of the game is definitely more important.
    but i'm just saying that Phoenix will RUN YOU SON. 48min. the game can be on the line, and not ONE of those starting players is scared to shoot.

It's as easy as Nash screen-roll> dish> swing it >hit the open three (of which there are many perimeter threats...many...)

Yup. Pretty much all of their dudes shoot the three to some extent. Mavs gotta contend with that.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Hahha, I've been finding it pretty easy to read players' lips during close-ups recently.

After he was called for a foul on Antonio McDyess, Alonzo Mourning mouthed to a teammate across the paint: "Bitch ass. *nodding head* He's a bitch ass motherfucker."

I bet some of the funniest shit gets said during NBA games.

Damn, could there be a record out there like that?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Bavetta is full of shit.....he knows damn well he heard dude call for time

Bavetta is full of shit.....he knows damn well he heard dude call for time

Exclusive photo of Dick Bavetta on his day off:

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    dood.. what about GP pushing chauncy outta bounds on that time out play. that last quater was so wack for detroit.

Big Shot Bills almost stepped on my man's gators!!!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

and the mavs running to the 3 line means the lane is wide open for nash or diaw to get in

it's gonna be a helluva series

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    j. williams has had one of the best assist-to-turnover ratios in the league for several years now.

He ranks #12.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    I wanna know if Daniel was getting excited during the Suns/Mavs pregame, which featured KVH galloping down the lane like a beautiful, white stallion during shootaround while Sir Charles big-upped Tha Lanksta.

• GenePontecorvoGenePontecorvo 5,612 Posts
    I wanna know if Daniel was getting excited during the Suns/Mavs pregame, which featured KVH galloping down the lane like a beautiful, white stallion during shootaround while Sir Charles big-upped Tha Lanksta.

Surely the sight of KVH playing his usual matador defense and bricking shots from all over the court killed said excitement.

yea, that's pretty much it. No one defender can stop him, period. I'd say he's the best pound-for-pound thrasher in the league. and he's forcing the other players to help, which leaves their man momentarily open.

I still like how Detroit plays though. Such an effortless way to distribute the rock.

I'd say he's the best pound-for-pound thrasher in the league.

I'd put Kobe in front of him.

These joints got re-issued. I dont know why, shits were like $10 @ the NIKE outlet.

I'd say he's the best pound-for-pound thrasher in the league.

I'd put Kobe in front of him.

These joints got re-issued. I dont know why, shits were like $10 @ the NIKE outlet.

the reason i say that is because he looks like a running back when he's driving to the basket. That and his first step is killer. Not in the Lebron, "I got a huge first step" type of fast, or the Tony Parker "i'm quick as shit" type of quickness, but the explosiveness of say a Baron Davis. He's just a pure athlete.

from what i heard, those are pretty comfortable. and were quite popular on LA playgrounds.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Wizards' Arenas, Storey arrested in Miami Beach

Associated Press

MIAMI BEACH, Fla. -- Washington Wizards guard Gilbert Arenas and forward Awvee Storey have been arrested on charges of disobeying police.

Storey was blocking traffic in the middle of a busy street when an officer told him to get back to the sidewalk Saturday night, according to police reports. Storey didn't get out of the street, and the officer arrested him and charged him with failure to obey a command.

While police were arresting Storey, Arenas got out of a vehicle and walked toward the arresting officers.
    According to reports, an officer told Arenas to get back in his vehicle, but he refused, saying he wanted to stand next to his teammate. The officer took Arenas into custody and charged him with resisting without violence.

As Arenas was being arrested, according to reports, he said, "You can't arrest me. I'm a basketball player. I play for the Washington Wizards, and I'm not going to leave my teammate."[/b]

Both players were then taken to jail for processing.

The Wizards released a statement saying, "We are aware of the situation and, until we have more information, we will have no comment."

The two were arrested as part of a crackdown on disorderly behavior among those who flocked to Miami Beach for Memorial Day weekend.

A total of 557 people were arrested between Thursday morning and Saturday night on Miami Beach. Most arrests were for disorderly conduct and intoxication. During the same three-day period last year, there were 333 arrests.

"We're definitely over from last year," Miami Beach police spokesman Bobby Hernandez said. "We're working a lot more plainclothes officers, so you're obviously going to make more arrests."

"You can't arrest me. I'm a basketball player."

not as embarrassing as Cliff Robinson's weed bust though.