Gnarls Barkley

Comments

• like your cousins stuff

• el_sparkoel_sparko 884 Posts
    uhm i thought this 'crazy' was by moby.

Sconeboy is so disconnected from the skreets...

• its gone man

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts

I can't stop listening to Crazy. I was never a big DangerMouse fan but the DangerDoom albumconverted me.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I can see myself getting sick of this song. maybe i'm

• TSGTSG 274 Posts

know most of you paulsies have seen this, but cee-lo as pedro is worth looking at again.

• Jazz_OneJazz_One 55 Posts
    For some odd reason I am wondering about the weather.

I can't stop listening to Crazy. I was never a big DangerMouse fan but the DangerDoom albumconverted me.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

SMH @ this dangermouse cornball. I aint even listening to this shit.

Yo, what does "SMH" mean?

Smelly Man Hands?

Serious Mental Handicap?

Someone Hold Me?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Shave My Hog?

Sort My Hamper?

Send More Harlots?

Saddle Me Horse?

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    SMH = SHaking My Head.

Dont yall speak internet?

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    I have 8 cuts from this project. Two of them as a friend of mine says, "I can't use 'em." But "Crazy" and "Smiley Faces" are the standout tracks. There's one cut that has really horrid drums that come in and out and it's slowly moving towards my "can't use" list.

"Crazy" is the best song I've heard in a minute... I didn't think anything was going to replace that T.I. song as my joint of the year.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    I finally heard "Crazy"- I LOVE IT! Unfortunately so does the entire world - It's gonna be the "Hey Ya" of 2006.

• BELIEVEBELIEVE 257 Posts

If you haven't seen it yet...the video for "Crazy"

http://www.sneakmove.com/2006/04/video-for-gnarls-barkleys-crazy.html

, literally

thank you! that was incredible!

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    Ok just for the record i heard this again recently...i guess there's no avoiding it. Now im not overly keen on the beat but cee lo's vocals are nice & the video is smart too. Ive got 1 of those vote for pedro shirts too!

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts

, literally

how do i watch this? tried clickin on everything and nothing happens!

• muggimuggi Reykjavík, Iceland 44 Posts

, literally

how do i watch this? tried clickin on everything and nothing happens!

here is the direct link

http://www.waxploitation.com/gbvid.mov

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    A HREF=http://anonym.to/?http://rapidshare.de/files/17945557/Gnarls_Barkley.zip.html>IMG SRC=http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ss.gif BORDER=0>/A>

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Well, I've heard the whole album now and have to say that no sir I don't like it.

Crazy is a catchy tune and it's good to see it do well but the rest of the album really didn't offer up much in the way of decent tracks to me. Maybe I'm coming at it from the wrong angle but it really didn't appeal to these ears.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Well, I've heard the whole album now and have to say that no sir I don't like it.

Crazy is a catchy tune and it's good to see it do well but the rest of the album really didn't offer up much in the way of decent tracks to me. Maybe I'm coming at it from the wrong angle but it really didn't appeal to these ears.

"Crazy" has sold almost 350,000 copies in the UK already, not including downloads. It'll probably do similar numbers elsewhere, with the possible exception of the US where the singles market is relatively small. None of this will hurt the album one bit. Like I said further up this thread, the kind of crowd who dig Moby or Fatboy Slim will eat this up. Neither of those acts managed to follow their biggest albums with anything nearly as impressive in sales terms, so there could be a larger audience for a record like this than many strutters might expect.

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts

Crazy is a catchy tune and it's good to see it do well ...
    It's catchy in a RJD2-Moby way. i really don't know why some people like that song.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Crazy is a catchy tune and it's good to see it do well ...
    It's catchy in a RJD2-Moby way. i really don't know why some people like that song.

I'm with you on this - it got a lot of airtime being used on BBC adverts for Radio 1 over here so was well known before it actually got released which no doubt helped create the buzz. I think Cee-Lo's vocals work well on it but it doesn't really strike me as anything particularly special.

Also, the album is basically Cee-Lo and DM fucking about with sounds and I can see a lot of people who bought it expecting more Crazy style songs to be returning it within the week.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

Co-sign. There are a few songs I thought were okay, but its not an album that I would ever listen to straight through. Crazy is still the jam though and everyone who I have played it for seems to agree.

Crazy is still the jam though and everyone who I have played it for seems to agree.

I acctually called every record store in LA yesterday and only the most random spot in Echo park had it....It's a big song! I'm fine with that.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I'm curious where in America this is getting crazy play- I've listened to an MP3 a couple times on the PC but have never heard it elsewhere. Its not on teevee... and I doubt it will ever hit rap radio... so where is it getting play? College radio, pop radio, both?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Its not on teevee...

They played this song in the background during Grey's Anatomy last Sunday.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Aight... I was talking about MTV/BET though, I've never even seen that show

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I'm curious where in America this is getting crazy play- I've listened to an MP3 a couple times on the PC but have never heard it elsewhere. Its not on teevee... and I doubt it will ever hit rap radio... so where is it getting play? College radio, pop radio, both?

Well I played "Crazy" TWICE at my bar gig the other night...

... and my homeboy (who admittedly works at a record store) already knew it.

Plus on one of the local college stations last week, dude played it with the remark "everybody's calling in and going nuts for this song...because it's awesome." So it's getting out there. And keep in mind the album isn't released in the US until next week.

Regarding the UK, "Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley has made pop history as the UK's first number one song based on download sales alone.

We could be looking at another M.I.A. syndrome of massive hype but little commercial success, but as long as "Crazy" gets a fair shake at promotion, I think this song is a lock for top-40, college, commercial alternative & MTV play. HIp-Hop and r'n'b radio could catch on too, "Hey Ya" style, if the mood is right.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I've never even seen that show

Disconnected from the medical drama streets

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

We could be looking at another M.I.A. syndrome of massive hype but little commercial success

Just for the record, MIA did nearly 300,000 albums worldwide without the benefit of anything like a big radio/club hit or high-profile film/TV/ad synch. While those numbers aren't that impressive in comparison to, say, T.I's first week, it still ain't too shabby for a new, non-mainstream, female artist's first album, which was on an indie everywhere else in the world except the US.