Gnarls Barkley

dayday 9,612 Posts
edited March 2006 in Strut Central
Corny name, I know (and Dangermoose, yeah, yeah), but that shit is gonna be pretty damn ridiculous. Fucking love this dude right here

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Corny name, I know (and Dangermoose, yeah, yeah), but that shit is gonna be pretty damn ridiculous.

Fucking love this dude right here

Yeah, yeah. Give me some Shred Hop, foolero.

Herm

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    hola culero - peep game up top again, mang

Yeah, I've had that one for a while. Niiiiiiice. You got this? Not as good as the first, but still...melikes.

Herm

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    thx for the link day, sounds nice

for some reason ceelo's voice reminds me of macy gray's voice on the hook though

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    damn this *is* good

thanks day

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I like Smiley Faces better. Strangely soulful/bluesy despite the electronics.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

Yeah, I've had that one for a while. Niiiiiiice. You got this? Not as good as the first, but still...melikes.

Herm

Wrrrrrd, I actually heard those 2 in reverse. That "Crazy" cut is stronger, IMO, but they're both good. I know I'll probably get CLOWNT for all of this, but it sounds pretty promising to me. Cee Lo is that dude.

I know I'll probably get CLOWNT for all of this

I got your back, dude.

• the crazy joint is fire. played it out on saturrrday and kids were liking it. i just wish the 12 and an acc.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Anyone know if there is anywhere on-line that you can pick up copies of that 'crazy' grey vinyl 10" (or is it a 12"?) they put out? I'd really like to get this.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Anyone know if there is anywhere on-line that you can pick up copies of that 'crazy' grey vinyl 10" (or is it a 12"?) they put out? I'd really like to get this.
    its a 10" and it was promo only. goes for 30-50ish on ebay

• This joint is getting pretty major play on the radio over here, so it'll probably chart pretty high. Would this not get play on the commercial stations in the US?

• promo 12 also floating about. i dont know of any retailurrs with though.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I've heard a grip of stuff off this album and, so far, I've only heard two rap songs. Dangermouse has been jacking library joints like a mufucka. Yeah, I know -

The production isn't super-sophisticated, but it functions as a good backdrop for Cee-Lo, who's the real star of this record anyway. Indie/alt.rock vets should prepare to flip over the dead-straight cover of The Violent Femmes' "Gone Daddy Gone" as well. There's even one joint called "Boogie Monster" that sounds a little like Queens Of The Stone Age without the super-heavy guitars. "Crazy" is getting a ton of radio exposure in the UK, so a big pop hit is pretty much assured with that at least. I think the Moby/Fatboy Slim crowd are gonna eat this up, which should make for a steady series of five-pagers on its relative merits throughout the summer...

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    I downloaded a 7 track promo of the LP, it was pretty damn fucking awful compared to the Crazy track. Which I've probably played like 20 times today allready! Reminds me a little bit of Cupid Smiling the Smile of that One Self album for some reason.

Thanks Day, would have never checked this if you didnt recommend it. Saw those Gnarls Barkley is crazy pictures all over myspace, and saw Danger Mouse was involved so I got real scared.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i listened to the sampler and it gave me cancer and not in the good way.

poor cee-lo.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    also

Dangermoose

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

poor cee-lo.

Listening to anything Cee-lo is involved in these days is just depressing.

GooDie MoB had the ideal blend of personalities, and nothing those guys can accomplish individually will ever compare to it.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    GooDie MoB had the ideal blend of personalities, and nothing those guys can accomplish individually will ever compare to it.

are you telling me you didn't love

??

are you telling me you didn't love

??

I wish you hadn't told me that that existed....

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Corny name, I know (and Dangermoose, yeah, yeah), but that shit is gonna be pretty damn ridiculous.

Fucking love this dude right here

Thanks day, feelin' this.

• i listened to the sampler and it gave me cancer and not in the good way.

poor cee-lo.

WOW.

that last Cee-Lo has been one of my fav. lp's in the past few years. Daniel, I thought you said you never heard that full-length outside of "You're the One" with Timbaland and T.I.....

Noz:

Cancer isn't a very funny joke. Sorry.

Gnarles Barkley:

Funny thing about that project that it's one-half one of my favourite "rappa turnt sanga" with one of the few artists that I kinda-sorta genuinely loathe. I also wonder if the same college corn-balls who hate Jay-Z/Rap but love the "Grey" album are going to be into Cee-Lo from now on.

• Funny thing about that project that it's one-half one of my favourite "rappa turnt sanga" with one of the few artists that I kinda-sorta genuinely loathe. I also wonder if the same college corn-balls who hate Jay-Z/Rap but love the "Grey" album are going to be into Cee-Lo from now on.

King P'ssssssss

I think this is safe to say that this won't happen. Dangermouse is a pretty safe bet for hip hop oriented stuff- meaning that the album will garner enough steam behind him(especially critically) but won't blow upp too much.

• JazzsuckaJazzsucka 720 Posts

poor cee-lo.

WOW.

that last Cee-Lo has been one of my fav. lp's in the past few years. Daniel, I thought you said you never heard that full-length outside of "You're the One" with Timbaland and T.I.....

Noz:

Gnarles Barkley:

Funny thing about that project that it's one-half one of my favourite "rappa turnt sanga" with one of the few artists that I kinda-sorta genuinely loathe. I also wonder if the same college corn-balls who hate Jay-Z/Rap but love the "Grey" album are going to be into Cee-Lo from now on.

I second you man. This is a great album:

"All Day Love Affair"

definition of

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    This is a great album:

• dayday 9,612 Posts

How anyone (even Fauxrockski) can front on this one is beyond me

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I like Smiley Faces better. Strangely soulful/bluesy despite the electronics.

Sounds like it was made for some alternate universe Northern Soul scene.
    b/w
    STORMING CHUNE

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Noz:

Not funny as in didn't make you laugh or not funny as in offensive? if it's the former, i apologize.

How anyone (even Fauxrockski) can front on this one is beyond me