ShoeStrut Versus!!!

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    know how i was complaining about djs and mcs dedicating weak songs "to the ladies" before? well, same thing with sneaker companies. ladies' sneakers are so ugly/lame/pink and they won't make small enough sizes in the men's and the boys' fit but are only a little better than the ladies' style-wise. lame.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts

air max 1 original colorway from 1987, classic

This is the shoe that started it all for me. I went into Paragon in Manhattan and bought these and my life was never the same.

Here's another shocker for you then: I own those, too -- although mine are the reissues with blue instead of red.

• nice, i dig the blue ones too aaron.

dbrown, i think the air max 1 did it for a lot of people...i remember when my brother came back with those in '87, i was

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I am a nice dude. And you seemed nice enough to me too, but every time i read something you write on here, it's dripping self importance. if you can hand out f report cards in taste, how come i can't spin it back?

I'm done.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    know how i was complaining about djs and mcs dedicating weak songs "to the ladies" before? well, same thing with sneaker companies. ladies' sneakers are so ugly/lame/pink and they won't make small enough sizes in the men's and the boys' fit but are only a little better than the ladies' style-wise. lame.
    sometimes, the womens colors are the best. it's really hard to cop a women's size 13 though.

• I am a nice dude. And you seemed nice enough to me too, but every time i read something you write on here, it's dripping self importance. if you can hand out f report cards in taste, how come i can't spin it back?

I'm done.

You can hand out whatever you like chief, your mistake is in assuming that I give even the slightest fuck.

• Excellent choice.

I am no Nike head, but I've always liked these, or the style at least.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I am a nice dude. And you seemed nice enough to me too, but every time i read something you write on here, it's dripping self importance. if you can hand out f report cards in taste, how come i can't spin it back?

I'm done.

You can hand out whatever you like chief, your mistake is in assuming that I give even the slightest fuck.
    i don't doubt that at all.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    sometimes, the womens colors are the best. it's really hard to cop a women's size 13 though.

hah - like it's hard to cop a men's 5.

you guys have way more choices down there, up here, it's slim pickins - the ladies are mostly pastel colours (as opposed to nice earth tones or primary colours) and/or are shaped like hovercrafts.

dbrown, i think the air max 1 did it for a lot of people...i remember when my brother came back with those in '87, i was

You wouldn't think a little polyvinyl window in the side of a shoe would have had such an insane effect on people, but it did. I remember that at the time at my school, it was really all about Reeboks (people were rocking some Nikes, Spotbilts, Lottos, New Balance, Travel Fox, etc. too, but really all about Reeboks): the ball shoes for dudes and 54.11's for girls, then myself and a couple other kids copped the maxes (and I think the walking shoe and the Revolution came out around the same time) and it was chaos. Totally changed the game man. Totally.

• Options
    You wouldn't think a little polyvinyl window in the side of a shoe would have had such an insane effect on people, but it did. I remember that at the time at my school, it was really all about Reeboks (people were rocking some Nikes, Spotbilts, Lottos, New Balance, Travel Fox, etc. too, but really all about Reeboks): the ball shoes for dudes and 54.11's for girls, then myself and a couple other kids copped the maxes (and I think the walking shoe and the Revolution came out around the same time) and it was chaos. Totally changed the game man. Totally.

At that time out here it was Ellesse, New Balance (the Worthy's), Converse (the Magic Johnson/Larry Birds in particular) and Avia.

When the air bubble started showing up kids would take the compass (the thing with the sharp needle and the pencil that you used to make circles) and stab the bubble on someones shoes so it made a noise when they walked. Lots of letters and phone calls home from teachers.

• You wouldn't think a little polyvinyl window in the side of a shoe would have had such an insane effect on people, but it did. I remember that at the time at my school, it was really all about Reeboks (people were rocking some Nikes, Spotbilts, Lottos, New Balance, Travel Fox, etc. too, but really all about Reeboks): the ball shoes for dudes and 54.11's for girls, then myself and a couple other kids copped the maxes (and I think the walking shoe and the Revolution came out around the same time) and it was chaos. Totally changed the game man. Totally.

At that time out here it was Ellesse, New Balance (the Worthy's), Converse (the Magic Johnson/Larry Birds in particular) and Avia.

When the air bubble started showing up kids would take the compass (the thing with the sharp needle and the pencil that you used to make circles) and stab the bubble on someones shoes so it made a noise when they walked. Lots of letters and phone calls home from teachers.

I forgot about Avias, with the numbers on the side for the different models. Ellesse had the orange three part symbol on the back. The bubble popping was an epidemic dude and I knew this one spoiled-ass kid who would pop his own air bubble when his kicks got dirty and then whine to his parents until he got some new ones. Remember the square plastic orange nike air tag that kids would leave hanging from the shoelaces? I still have one somewhere? I remember kids trying to rob me for my shoes and then getting pissed off when they realized that I had like a size 7 foot and just punching me in the stomach instead. Lol.

i was too young so my parents wouldn't buy me the air max 1 at the time. i missed out on the bubble popping epidemic, but thats some funny shit. actually i think i do remember my cousin telling me about that now that i think of it. my first pair of nike's aside from the blue cortez (had those since i can remember) were crosstrainers (grey, blue, red nike logo with the blue strap between the toe and the laces.

• I just picked these up...

Rocking white sneakers out in Seattle anytime before June is a recipe for disaster...

• i like those joe. just looked at a pair of those myself yesterday. couldn't do it though...my budget is a little outta wack this month due to air max 1 and 90 on the nike id site.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    These are for when I work out at the gym, and I am blasting my quads

These are for when I am balling with the fellas

I call these my freestyling & bboying on the corner joints

Oh and by the way, I was joking when I posted these:

These I actually do own

I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize for using the phrase
    "sucker toy new jacks" and for being insensitive to nike shoe enthusists.
    Sorry guys, sometimes I throw around my "street slang" without realizing the implications, and sometimes I fail to realize that this world is made up of people who have views and opinons that differ from mine. Again sorry everyone, I'll make an effort to be more sensitive in my future posts.

Also lets not carried away here it just a internet forum.

• i like those joe. just looked at a pair of those myself yesterday. couldn't do it though...my budget is a little outta wack this month due to air max 1 and 90 on the nike id site.

Yeah, I was just looking at that... all the retro fetishism is making me feel old for catching those sneakers the first time around...

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Yeah, I was just looking at that... all the retro fetishism is making me feel old for catching those sneakers the first time around...

Amen.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Any of you ever like the Nike Air Worm Ndestrukt shoe that was made for Rodman around 10 years ago?

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    you guys have way more choices down there, up here, it's slim pickins - the ladies are mostly pastel colours (as opposed to nice earth tones or primary colours) and/or are shaped like hovercrafts.

for nike at least, the women's colourways have been killing the mens side. It has been mostly neutrals and earth tones for the last few years w/ nike. It seems they've run out of ideas really, and the only time I feel anything of theirs is when classic colourways are retro'ed (ie. air max pack).

I do like these, yes they are women's....

I also think everybody should have a staple pair of clean white sneakers in their wardrobe, my choice are stan smiths. But they gotta stay clean.......

I've also managed to kick my addiction (hah what a horrible pun). I haven't bought a pair in 2.5 yrs, and I still have boxes of stuff unworn.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

or

Wade's vs Kobe's...............
    seriously? those shits are skraight fug! both of em.

I agree.

weren't you the same dude that said "those are fire" like a week ago?

Any of you ever like the Nike Air Worm Ndestrukt shoe that was made for Rodman around 10 years ago?

daaaaammmmnnnn. it even has a little zip-up action. if i'm not mistaken, AND1 has low-tops with that function. i guess you can say, it was only "ahead of its time".

• JKrissJKriss 167 Posts

This whole thread is about as comical as a thread on NikeTalk about 'super rare' Otis, Hendrix, Mayfield soul records. You know the ones: Otis Blue, Band Of Gypsys and that Mayfield joint with the Kanye sample.

haha foreal. I have a wierd sense that there arent many jordan heads on here.

been feeling these for a minute:

nike 180 chino/ice-blue

ugly to most, a classic to me:

air max 96

• Any of you ever like the Nike Air Worm Ndestrukt shoe that was made for Rodman around 10 years ago?

Can't say I really fuck with those, but the other kick that Rodman rocked, the Darwin, was always really fresh to me. I remember copping a pair at Nike Town in Chicago when I was visiting, and how fresh they looked with a pair of jeans...

• the kobes are ugly as sin but the zoom huaraches are nice. i like those.

the kobes are ugly as sin but the zoom huaraches are nice. i like those.

you see it's the opposite for me. function-wise, they are both superior though (from what i hear).

• Options
    for nike at least, the women's colourways have been killing the mens side. It has been mostly neutrals and earth tones for the last few years w/ nike. It seems they've run out of ideas really, and the only time I feel anything of theirs is when classic colourways are retro'ed (ie. air max pack).

I also think everybody should have a staple pair of clean white sneakers in their wardrobe, my choice are stan smiths. But they gotta stay clean.......

I agree with this, for me it's AF1 lows though. Also bought the 95's in women size, white on white with a gum sole, but I haven't worn them yet.

From JoeMojo:
    Rocking white sneakers out in Seattle anytime before June is a recipe for disaster...

I can't remember if I ever posted it on here but I know I PM'ed it to a couple people, it's the easy recipe for how I keep white shoes sparkling.

You'll need an old toothbrush, an old washcloth, an old towel, baking soda, and WHITE-COLORED whitening toothpaste.

Step 1. Use the washcloth and clean off the easy-to remove surface dirt under hot water.

Step 2. Dip the toothbrush into the whitening toothpaste and get into the dirt that the washcloth couldn't get off, brush the outsoles hard but go a little gentler on the leather..

Step 3. Now dip into the baking soda while the toothpaste is still rubbed on. Rub the baking soda in and get a good froth going, it should look like a rabid raccoon's mouth though I've never seen a rabid raccoon so I could be wrong about that.

Step 4. Wipe everything off with the towel, then rinse it and wipe it again. Do a section at a time, left, right, front, and back since the last two are usually the dirtiest.

That's it. Whole thing takes maybe 15 minutes for both shoes. I find it works better than those cleaners they give you at Footlocker, for whatever reason. I've been doing this a long time and extended the freshness of a lot of shoes this way. Try it.

I agree with this, for me it's AF1 lows though. Also bought the 95's in women size, white on white with a gum sole, but I haven't worn them yet.

From JoeMojo:

I can't remember if I ever posted it on here but I know I PM'ed it to a couple people, it's the easy recipe for how I keep white shoes sparkling.

You'll need an old toothbrush, an old washcloth, an old towel, baking soda, and WHITE-COLORED whitening toothpaste.

Step 1. Use the washcloth and clean off the easy-to remove surface dirt under hot water.

Step 2. Dip the toothbrush into the whitening toothpaste and get into the dirt that the washcloth couldn't get off, brush the outsoles hard but go a little gentler on the leather..

Step 3. Now dip into the baking soda while the toothpaste is still rubbed on. Rub the baking soda in and get a good froth going, it should look like a rabid raccoon's mouth though I've never seen a rabid raccoon so I could be wrong about that.

Step 4. Wipe everything off with the towel, then rinse it and wipe it again. Do a section at a time, left, right, front, and back since the last two are usually the dirtiest.

That's it. Whole thing takes maybe 15 minutes for both shoes. I find it works better than those cleaners they give you at Footlocker, for whatever reason. I've been doing this a long time and extended the freshness of a lot of shoes this way. Try it.