ShoeStrut Versus!!!

Comments

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Hahaha!

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    i saw the ludacris ad at at a bus stop this morning, where he's holding a pair of classic red suede puma's.

maybe i should post some of my recent acquisitions to shut em down.

That's a weird Puma/Luda ad. It looks like he's driving that shoe around like it was a Tonka toy.

• i need some of the black/grey 6's .. i wouldnt mind the black/red 11's either. if they ever reissue those again.

folks need to ease up on dr brown. he's making a really good point. people who obviously don't know shit about shoes try to act like they're all up on everything posting some limited edition nikes, some dumb collaborations with artists or some theme bullshit .. but have no substance at all. i can't ever fuck with custom nikes. plus a lot of people outside the city dont realize how stupid and played out all the 'sneaker boutiques' are here.

is there really a part of the world where kids walk around with all these crazy garish collector sneakers trying to impress each other? is that what it's like in japan? who actually wears this shit?

• Wow. Obviously your sneaker fashion sense outweighs anyone who dares to step up. If someone asks me why I like that shoe I'll tell them that a dude that's been doing the sneaker thing since 87 told me it was cool.

But he's nearing his 20th anniversary of "doing the sneaker thing."

Hey Aaron, Mondeyano, shut the fuck up. You want to walk around with some beat shit on thinking you look fly, cool, no skin off my back.

I swear, dudes on here just wanna talk all day about things they know nothing about. If you have nothing to contribute then shut the fuck up.

Puchito man, you're the one that started slinging around the word "toy", which in my world is about the biggest insult you can fling at someone, so basically try following Rape Donkey's oft-ignored addage of speaking not what about which you know not and remember that YOU are the one who started insulting people in this thread and trying to act like some sort of sneaker expert, not me.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts

If you have not been doing the sneaker thing since 87[/b] then shut the fuck up.

You just made my day, buddy!

• ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Spoken like a true toy. What's the matter, no one at alife or some other "sneaker boutique" told you they were cool? Take that shit to thehundreds.com son, I've been doing the sneaker thing since 87, TRUST that you can't tell me shit.

seriously. Those Addidas joints are the flyest, excuse me, THE ONLY FLY shoes in this fucking thread. I swear Soulstrut is fucking notorious for having some of the most laughable shoe threads. I love this place and whatnot but it's just a guilty-ass pleasure of mine to look at these things and have a good laugh.

can someone explain the sneaker thing to me? [/b]. I'm not trying to bag on it but almost every damn "limited" shoe I see on the internet, "boutiques", or event with a beautifull open bar looks like a transformer with shoe laces. What exactly make this shit popular to cornball wannabee Pharell's/to the masses?

• which adidas shoe dude? most of those look like paint accidents

white/orange dunk high is about as classic as it gets. But I love soulstrut shoe threads. its like "those colors are weird" because every dude on this site rocks hella earth tones and has no sense of fashion

• If you have not been doing the sneaker thing since 87[/b] then shut the fuck up.

You just made my day, buddy!

Shut the fuck up dude. For real. Speak not on what you know not, for instance records, rap music, sneakers...basically stop posting.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    which adidas shoe dude?

seriously.

whoops - missed a pair

• which adidas shoe dude? most of those look like paint accidents

white/orange dunk high is about as classic as it gets. But I love soulstrut shoe threads. its like "those colors are weird" because every dude on this site rocks hella earth tones and has no sense of fashion

oops! yeah I meant the nikes. I have a pair of Addidas "camptown's (??) that look similar...kinda.

deejaying at shoe stores vent[/b]

I play at a few shoe spots and nothing is more irritating than deejaying for a couple of hours, being able to get a free pair, and seeing nothing but a bunch of heinous-ass shit.

I was at Puma and asked a clerk "Where's the men
    s shoe section was" and not knowing I was in the motherfucker already.

• which adidas shoe dude?

seriously.

whoops - missed a pair

no

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Yeah, those Adidas are incredibly gauche. Dunks are classics, but I can't get with orange. I don't own an article of clothing with orange in it, nor will I ever. Pasty Duluthians don't look good in orange.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    which adidas shoe dude?

seriously.

whoops - missed a pair

no

exactly.

• Pasty 21 year old Duluthians don't know shit about sneakers

Exactly.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Pasty 21 year old Duluthians don't know shit about sneakers

Exactly.

23 -- those extra two years mean a lot when building 20 year's experience in "doing the sneaker thing."

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

• Pasty 21 year old Duluthians don't know shit about sneakers

Exactly.

23 -- those extra two years mean a lot when building 20 year's experience in "doing the sneaker thing."

Buying wack kicks for 23 years is not doing the sneaker thing my friend. That's the "being a clueless cornball from Duluth thing", totally different. The fact that you even think this shit is so funny is a testament to what a bystander you are. Looking fly is a part of hip-hop man. A BIG part and me and many other people have put the same amount of care, knowledge, money, etc. into kicks, Lo, Face gear/Spyders/Descente, etc that dudes on here put into records (many people do both big up to Mighty Mi, Vaz, Emz, Bobbito, etc). This isn't new either, it goes back to crisp Lees, Cazals, etc.

I realize that what I'm saying couldn't possibly make less sense to some internet cornball from Duluth who wants to start "rap label scans.com" or whatever, but point blank man, looking dipped is part of the game. I wouldn't expect your new-jack ass to understand, in fact I'd be shocked if you did.

Take a look at vintagegearaddicts.com if you really have interest in understanding this shit (which you don't, because it's not for people like you) and feel free to make a post in there mocking "the sneaker thing" and maybe post your address so you can discuss it with some of the RFC/5MH/Lo-lives/Deceps/Faceheads/CMob folks that post on there so that you can have an in-person discussion with them about something you couldn't possibly understand at all.

• Options

Haha. They remind me of this guy...

Or like RawHamburger said,

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    I had no idea doing the sneaker thing and being fly was an important part of life.

I'll have to develop a lesson plan on this one for the kids in my high school. Perhaps you can help the school board draft a list of educational standards on looking fly and doing the sneaker thing? Make sure you include substandards on the appropriate crispness of Lees and Cazals, though, because they show disfavor for things that are not -- how do you say -- thorough.

• I had no idea doing the sneaker thing and being fly was an important part of life.

I'll have to develop a lesson plan on this one for the kids in my high school. Perhaps you can help the school board draft a list of educational standards on looking fly and doing the sneaker thing? Make sure you include substandards on the appropriate crispness of Lees and Cazals, though, because they show disfavor for things that are not -- how do you say -- thorough.

What a comeback! You are SO clever, I mean wow the way you incorporated the fact that you're a (student) teacher at a highschool!!! You have humbled me because you are a serious person who is above such petty things as caring about how you look and dressing well. Seriously dude, like I said, I don't expect a guy named Aron Bobo (bobos, they make your feet feel fine, bobos they cost a nickle and a dime) to have even the slightest idea where I'm coming from. I'm sure the kids in your high school understand what I'm talking about just fine. I'm sure they're doing their own 2006 version of looking flam in Bapes, tall tees, New Era hats, etc. (looks like shit to me, but I understand that it's just the Starter jacket/Triple Fat/Travel Fox of its time). But please shut the fuck up already dude.

Some of y'all dudes don't really get hip-hop at all.

• These are for when I work out at the gym, and I am blasting my quads

These are for when I am balling with the fellas

I call these my freestyling & bboying on the corner joints

Oh and by the way, I was joking when I posted these:

These I actually do own

I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize for using the phrase
    "sucker toy new jacks" and for being insensitive to nike shoe enthusists.
    Sorry guys, sometimes I throw around my "street slang" without realizing the implications, and sometimes I fail to realize that this world is made up of people who have views and opinons that differ from mine. Again sorry everyone, I'll make an effort to be more sensitive in my future posts.

Also lets not carried away here it just a internet forum.

• I call these my freestyling & bboying on the corner joints

I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize for using the phrase
    "sucker toy new jacks" and for being insensitive to nike shoe enthusists.
    Sorry guys, sometimes I throw around my "street slang" without realizing the implications, and sometimes I fail to realize that this world is made up of people who have views and opinons that differ from mine. Again sorry everyone, I'll make an effort to be more sensitive in my future posts.

Also lets not carried away here it just a internet forum.

A mature way to deal with thangs dude. No harm no foul. Those joints above are fucking James Flames, send two pairs to Aaron in Duluth right away, he's the number one stunna in the teachers lounge.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I had no idea doing the sneaker thing and being fly was an important part of life.

What a comeback! You are SO clever, I mean wow the way you incorporated the fact that you're a (student) teacher at a highschool!!! You have humbled me because you are a serious person who is above such petty things as caring about how you look and dressing well. Seriously dude, like I said, I don't expect a guy named Aron Bobo (bobos, they make your feet feel fine, bobos they cost a nickle and a dime) to have even the slightest idea where I'm coming from. I'm sure the kids in your high school understand what I'm talking about just fine. I'm sure they're doing their own 2006 version of looking flam in Bapes, tall tees, New Era hats, etc. (looks like shit to me, but I understand that it's just the Starter jacket/Triple Fat/Travel Fox of its time). But please shut the fuck up already dude.

please curb your superiority complex.

• I had no idea doing the sneaker thing and being fly was an important part of life.

please curb your superiority complex.

get the fuck out of here.

• at the most certain risk of being hatted on (because we all have different opinions on style here), these are some of my recent aquisitions/picks:

spring flavor:

vivid color, all suede, even the N logo

etnies: i'm waiting to judge these in person

same shoe, classic colorway

bought these last month, not necessarily spring kicks

new/recent:

nike p-rod's, baroque/black, high quality leather, solid shoe

retros:

boston super leather trainers, i got 2 purr (different colorways) very comfortable

air max 1 evolution pack

air max 1 urawa, japanese soccer club

air max 1 original colorway from 1987, classic

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I came at you straight up. no name calling. no malice. you need to review the way you talk to other people.

and that's coming from ME. sad.

• Options

I was looking at those, nice pick.

• I came at you straight up. no name calling. no malice. you need to review the way you talk to other people.

and that's coming from ME. sad.

Honestly man, you seemed like a really nice dude when I met you, and I understand that you're not being malicious, but I don't want or need any lessons from you on how to behave. End of story.

• thanks sween, glad i'm not the only one.

i had my eye on them for a while, i even saw a pair go for $200 on ebay a few months ago. they should be much cheaper now.

• air max 1 original colorway from 1987, classic

This is the shoe that started it all for me. I went into Paragon in Manhattan and bought these and my life was never the same.