ShoeStrut Versus!!!

Comments

• there are some air max 2003's that i really want in this one women's colorway .. but it's not easy finding a deadstock women's size 12 in that model at this point ..

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    you guys have way more choices down there, up here, it's slim pickins - the ladies are mostly pastel colours (as opposed to nice earth tones or primary colours) and/or are shaped like hovercrafts.
    for nike at least, the women's colourways have been killing the mens side. It has been mostly neutrals and earth tones for the last few years w/ nike. It seems they've run out of ideas really, and the only time I feel anything of theirs is when classic colourways are retro'ed (ie. air max pack).

I also think everybody should have a staple pair of clean white sneakers in their wardrobe, my choice are stan smiths. But they gotta stay clean.......

I agree with this, for me it's AF1 lows though. Also bought the 95's in women size, white on white with a gum sole, but I haven't worn them yet.

From JoeMojo:
    Rocking white sneakers out in Seattle anytime before June is a recipe for disaster...

I can't remember if I ever posted it on here but I know I PM'ed it to a couple people, it's the easy recipe for how I keep white shoes sparkling.

You'll need an old toothbrush, an old washcloth, an old towel, baking soda, and WHITE-COLORED whitening toothpaste.

Step 1. Use the washcloth and clean off the easy-to remove surface dirt under hot water.

Step 2. Dip the toothbrush into the whitening toothpaste and get into the dirt that the washcloth couldn't get off, brush the outsoles hard but go a little gentler on the leather..

Step 3. Now dip into the baking soda while the toothpaste is still rubbed on. Rub the baking soda in and get a good froth going, it should look like a rabid raccoon's mouth though I've never seen a rabid raccoon so I could be wrong about that.

Step 4. Wipe everything off with the towel, then rinse it and wipe it again. Do a section at a time, left, right, front, and back since the last two are usually the dirtiest.

That's it. Whole thing takes maybe 15 minutes for both shoes. I find it works better than those cleaners they give you at Footlocker, for whatever reason. I've been doing this a long time and extended the freshness of a lot of shoes this way. Try it.

I am always shocked by how many fools just never clean their sneakers. LIke, they might even have some decent shoe game, but they are all fucked up and dirty. Definition of

By the way, this is the most hostile shoestrut ive ever seen!

• daaaayum this is a beef thread !!
    Lets cook that beef

This thread confused me a bit, i was expecting to see joints...where are the pics of deadstock heat ????? all i see is current kicks, dont get me wrong...i love some new shit..cept for dunks and garbage kobe crap picketfence shits that prolly get toecurl real quick..making fools look like jello trolls on the court.

I wish i had my camera tonight

Sneaker culture has always been big in hiphop...since day 1. I wish i had 1/2 the joints i used to own ( my old pics get me goin) adidas need to bring back the taurus model..in allllll the og colors( grey,brown,blue etc..as well as the mint green, peach, aqua, gazelles)
    A sneaker i owned that i wish i still had is the nike dynasty. I got a female friend of mine some og lava dome boots..neon green mesh pink swoosh jumpoffs ....FUCKING HEAT !
    While in germany i found deadstock heat...puma "jeans" (sz 12) puma execs i know have never seen this model...Amir got them, then sold them to my homie...who also owns an og pair of carnation pink gazelles
    cats are stunned when he rocks these

if yall are not up on it...peep my man bobittos book "whered you get those ? " by far the best book on this shit..all the important kicks are in this.

bapes are garbagetrucks..i never understood why cats wanna rock fake af1s?

daaaayum this is a beef thread !!
    Lets cook that beef

This thread confused me a bit, i was expecting to see joints...where are the pics of deadstock heat ????? all i see is current kicks, dont get me wrong...i love some new shit..cept for dunks and garbage kobe crap picketfence shits that prolly get toecurl real quick..making fools look like jello trolls on the court.

Sneaker culture has always been big in hiphop...since day 1. I wish i had 1/2 the joints i used to own ( my old pics get me goin) adidas need to bring back the taurus model..in allllll the og colors( grey,brown,blue etc..as well as the mint green, peach, aqua, gazelles)
    A sneaker i owned that i wish i still had is the nike dynasty. I got a female friend of mine some og lava dome boots..neon green mesh pink swoosh jumpoffs ....FUCKING HEAT !
    While in germany i found deadstock heat...puma "jeans" (sz 12) puma execs i know have never seen this model...Amir got them, then sold them to my homie...who also owns an og pair of carnation pink gazelles

if yall are not up on it...peep my man bobittos book "whered you get those ? " by far the best book on this shit..all the important kicks are in this.

I like a couple bapes, but im not wild on all of them.

Pink Gazelles? sounds hot.

I need these

plus these 95's

PLus, when the hell are the military 4's dropping?

I also need one of these two pairs of forces. If anyone has the tomatillo ones in an 11, pm i want em.

these would be the real heat. the live together, play together raid series. DIdnt these have spike lee in the commercial? the multi colored sole is blaze.

Lets cook that beef

Finally somebody who understands... Kon, I got the OG Lavadomes in grey and blues, plus every color of the og escape lows, 4 pairs of og mowabb 2s, escape windrunners, new-out-the-box rivaderchi's and pretty much every color of the og baltoros (including aqua with pink accents). Don't think we've ever met, but I've known Amir for a long time, and I think you know my boy Milo too... I was trying to explain to alot of these dudes on here that sneakers are a part of hip-hop and that alot of the same cats that mess with the record game hard also go in on the sneaker tip. One day I'll take the time to flick all my jays and I'm gonna start an og/deadstock/genuinely rare (no shitty Pigeon dunks or Jordan Retros) soulstrut sneaker post. I know Jake One got some heat (Flight Lights, Air Bounds) and soulstrut's most hated Rape_Donkeys has some real lovely shit too.

Remember kiddies, looking dipped is one of the "elements of hip-hop"...belee dat!!!!

Lets cook that beef

Finally somebody who understands... Kon, I got the OG Lavadomes in grey and blues, plus every color of the og escape lows, 4 pairs of og mowabb 2s, escape windrunners, new-out-the-box rivaderchi's and pretty much every color of the og baltoros (including aqua with pink accents). Don't think we've ever met, but I've known Amir for a long time, and I think you know my boy Milo too... I was trying to explain to alot of these dudes on here that sneakers are a part of hip-hop and that alot of the same cats that mess with the record game hard also go in on the sneaker tip. One day I'll take the time to flick all my jays and I'm gonna start an og/deadstock/genuinely rare (no shitty Pigeon dunks or Jordan Retros) soulstrut sneaker post. I know Jake One got some heat (Flight Lights, Air Bounds) and soulstrut's most hated Rape_Donkeys has some real lovely shit too.

Remember kiddies, looking dipped is one of the "elements of hip-hop"...belee dat!!!!

whats wrong with jordan retros?

No offense, i cant really get into old yellowing shoes.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    looking dipped

i love this expression

Lets cook that beef

nothing's wrong with 'em... for those of us who are not serious shoe collectors they are fine. nothing's wrong with a box full of represses either... but if you are going to consider yourself a serious collector or someone who has some shit nobody else has (which is definitely a part of hip-hop) then you are not going to settle for the retro/repress that can be bought new at the store anywhere in the world.

I don't understand what's so difficult to grasp about this, especially on a record collectors website. Some of yall are looking real ass hurt right about now.

okay, heres my "legitamately rare" wishlist.

aj7 kobe samples

absolutely bananas carolina 11's

and finally, the marty mcfly joints from Back to the future 2!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Lets cook that beef

nothing's wrong with 'em... for those of us who are not serious shoe collectors they are fine. nothing's wrong with a box full of represses either... but if you are going to consider yourself a serious collector or someone who has some shit nobody else has (which is definitely a part of hip-hop) then you are not going to settle for the retro/repress that can be bought new at the store anywhere in the world.

I don't understand what's so difficult to grasp about this, especially on a record collectors website. Some of yall are looking real ass hurt right about now.

J*nny, we're talking about the same Bsides who admittedly buys records, samples them and returns them - if I remember that self-explained anecdote correctly.

Sorry to bust those bawls B, but I just think that's SUPER

Lets cook that beef

J*nny, we're talking about the same Bsides who admittedly buys records, samples them and returns them - if I remember that self-explained anecdote correctly.

Sorry to bust those bawls B, but I just think that's SUPER

Ive actually never done that. But I have given them away afterwards. Im really not much of a collectro i gotta admit. I do like having new shoes though.

and anyway, some of those retros aint that easy to find.

im certainly not ass hurt about it though! Did I just get ?

• ... but if you are going to consider yourself a serious collector or someone who has some shit nobody else has (which is definitely a part of hip-hop) then you are not going to settle for the retro/repress that can be bought new at the store anywhere in the world.

records can always be played. sneakers decay, yellow and fall apart after a certain amount of years unless they are kept in the box and stuffed with those salt packs.

if you have a ton of disposable income, then i guess it doesnt matter if you are dropping hundreds of dollars on sneakers you will never wear. otherwise, i really don't get it. i appreciate all the jordans that i grew up drooling over, but if you cant even display them without having them fall apart, what is the sense in keeping them stored in your basement? just to say you have them on message boards?

... but if you are going to consider yourself a serious collector or someone who has some shit nobody else has (which is definitely a part of hip-hop) then you are not going to settle for the retro/repress that can be bought new at the store anywhere in the world.

records can always be played. sneakers decay, yellow and fall apart after a certain amount of years unless they are kept in the box and stuffed with those salt packs.

if you have a ton of disposable income, then i guess it doesnt matter if you are dropping hundreds of dollars on sneakers you will never wear. otherwise, i really don't get it. i appreciate all the jordans that i grew up drooling over, but if you cant even display them without having them fall apart, what is the sense in keeping them stored in your basement? just to say you have them on message boards?

I dunno, different strokes i guess. Ill certainly give you props for having the OG shoes in deadstock condition though.

But as far as actually wearing them out? Im going to go with the retros all day.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Why don't you dudes get with the realness...

"The artist first passed out trainers for free to migrants, then sold limited edition of them at a hip store in San Diego for $215."[/b]

Side note:

That cat at the side of that page in the link scares me.

Lets cook that beef

sounds like you got some niceness....i havent spoke to milo in quite some time...i gave him an og pair of air max 90s neon green/teal ( umcs lp cover for those that dont know)
    I came across some windrunners...never in my size

pics would be nice

• ... but if you are going to consider yourself a serious collector or someone who has some shit nobody else has (which is definitely a part of hip-hop) then you are not going to settle for the retro/repress that can be bought new at the store anywhere in the world.

Probably similar to people that drop hundreds on records just to rip them to CD, file them away, and display them on internet message boards in "PHOTOS OF YOUR NOW COLLECTION" threads!

• Options

I remember he always had a few nice pairs for sale in Footwork, I slept unfortunately.

• I'm just happy to be the only one on New Balance' not on Nike's Cousteau.

Herm

P.S. Hi Sweeny Dongsicle!

• okay, heres my "legitamately rare" wishlist.

absolutely bananas carolina 11's

OG check, i HAD a size 11. i wore them, but not too much cause they were way too big (i'm b/w 9-10). my cousin from greece was visiting my parents three years ago and apparently my dad gave him the idea that he could take a pair of shoes from my room if he wanted. of course, dude takes these and some obscene (not good) pair of tommy hilfiger kicks i used to have. needless to say i was pretty mad.

at least i got the retro's when they came out a couple years ago and have them sitting pretty in the box now.

• barf

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Damn, I missed out on this shit.

Glad some of u caught the joke.

To set the record straight, those orange dunks are hall of fame.

I couldnt find Derrick Coleman @ the "Cuse, Batches.

• Options

To set the record straight, those orange dunks are hall of fame.

I couldnt find Derrick Coleman @ the "Cuse, Batches.

They match K-Fed's shirt!!!---->

• koopskoops 10 Posts
    what do you gregorys think of these i just purchased for a reasonable 50 british pounds (aka ??).

i quite like them, which is probably while i bought them.

• bsides, i see now. i posted my that comment before i could see your pics. i have the all white 11s with carolina jumpman but not carolina patent on the lower part. those are nice, never seen 'em.

• They look like they belong to "Nathan Barley", do you work in the media???

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    I just got these..

• Options
    These came today, and look smoking in person. This picture sucks. Plus they're my high school football colors so now I have to go back there and find a jersey.

These should get here by the end of the week if I decide to pull the trigger, though I might wind up grabbing them for my brother-in-law since he's German for real and I'm only half....

Waiting on these to come from across the pond, the '98 version with the leather not the True Schools that just came out.

I cleaned out the Dennis Brown records from Good over the weekend too, just so you know I'm not on the wrong board.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    cleaned out the Dennis Brown records

Is this another one of your euphemisms for shitting?