HAMAS WINS - Suggestions for avoiding nuclear war!

Comments

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    jews are opressed too, only they dont walk into night clubs and blow themselves up.

• Does anyone else marvel the "shoot into the air" approach to celebration? It seems to me like there are better ways to express jubilation. Then again, I've never had the opportunity to shoot a gun into the air so I'm speaking ignorence.

What's crazy is, every bullet shot into the air gotta come down somewhere.
    I'm just surprised that lots of people aren't killed by falling bullets.

• There's no money in peace.

dude that would make a sweet t-shirt

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    There's no money in peace.

be all synical and smart ass about it but it's the truth

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

try to be dramatic about it but getting blown up by a suicide bomber in a nightclub or by and Apache in your own home is all bad.

jews are opressed too, only they dont walk into night clubs and blow themselves up.

but they don't have to thanks to your tax dollars. that's the point, bitch.

all those fat checks from the USA to buy top of the line military equipment.

i'd like to see Hamas after a nice shopping spree at Northrop Grumman. prolly wouldn't see too much suicide bombing then.

• cynical

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    If anyone can control the terrorists, it's hamas.

do you even know what your talking about?

Taza, Hamas are the "terrorists" . This shit is scary. Be it if your for Israel or not, the area just became that much more dangerous.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    A lot of folks are saying that Hamas won on account of Fatah curruption. If that's so, it may be imprudent to assume that a majority of Palestine just voted for the destruction of Israel. Perhaps a crude analogy can be drawn with people voting PQ in Quebec; they're not for secession but they don't care for the perceived curroption and failings of the alternatives. Either way, the only reasonable thing to do is make the best of the situation. What the best of this situation is, I have no idea.

Does anyone else marvel the "shoot into the air" approach to celebration? It seems to me like there are better ways to express jubilation. Then again, I've never had the opportunity to shoot a gun into the air so I'm speaking ignorence.

I think Danno has hit the nail on the head.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

try to be dramatic about it but getting blown up by a suicide bomber in a nightclub or by and Apache in your own home is all bad.

theres a not so subtle undertone of Jewish anti-semitism to your posts on the middle east.

Why?

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    cynical
    be all synical and smart ass about it but it's the truth

• jews are opressed too

I would love to hear the reasoning behind this statement.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

i'd like to see Hamas after a nice shopping spree at Northrop Grumman. prolly wouldn't see too much suicide bombing then.

I'm willing to bet if the palestinians & the arab world were more amicable to western culture & living, they would have lockheed martin visa cards, too.

• A lot of folks are saying that Hamas won on account of Fatah curruption. If that's so, it may be imprudent to assume that a majority of Palestine just voted for the destruction of Israel. Perhaps a crude analogy can be drawn with people voting PQ in Quebec; they're not for secession but they don't care for the perceived curroption and failings of the alternatives. Either way, the only reasonable thing to do is make the best of the situation. What the best of this situation is, I have no idea.

Does anyone else marvel the "shoot into the air" approach to celebration? It seems to me like there are better ways to express jubilation. Then again, I've never had the opportunity to shoot a gun into the air so I'm speaking ignorence.

I think Danno has hit the nail on the head.

I agree with his point but I dont think the two situations are analogous whatsoever.
    Anyway, lets keep those suggestions for avoiding thermonucular war rolling in.

Side topic: Do you think that by merely talking about the possibility of widespread calamity, we are increasing the odds that something like that will actually happen?

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

Maybe they do get killed and people just keep it hush hush. It may well be that the fun of shooting guns into the air outweighs the cost of an odd dead person.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

theres a not so subtle undertone of Jewish anti-semitism to your posts on the middle east.

Why?

I think we give palestine [palestinians, there is no palestine is there?] quite a lot of money also, not as much as israel, and im not sure who we give it to, as i made clear through my previous post. In short when it comes to palestinian politics I dont know what the fuck im talking about so I'll be shutting up now.

And the jews ... I dont know how they work either, its seems like they're electing a new government every six months.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Maybe they do get killed and people just keep it hush hush. It may well be that the fun of shooting guns into the air outweighs the cost of an odd dead person.

shooting guns in the air in 'celebration' happens in a lot of places.

New Year's Eve Philly and badman dancehall parties are two of them.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    jews are opressed too

Most people are only aware of the holocost as being the largest act of Gentile agression against Jews, but silmiar things have transpired for thousands of years; go on line or check out a book on the subject & I'm sure you'll be shocked.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Quoth

I dont know what the fuck im talking about so I'll be shutting up now.

-

• I was surprised that there are any people who consider themselves Palestinians who aren't for the destruction of Israel.
    Isn't the whole premise of Palestine based on not acknowledging a Jewish Israeli State?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I was surprised that there are any people who consider themselves Palestinians who aren't for the destruction of Israel.
    Isn't the whole premise of Palestine based on not acknowledging a Jewish Israeli State?

Steve,

you have it wrong. Palestinians want their own country not the destruction of another.

be careful in making statements like that. They are filled with hate and ignorance. One of my closer friends is a palestinian/ Jordanian I hang out with him and his mother and wife quite a bit and we talk middle east politics all the time. At no point has he , his family, or any of his other palestianian friends told me that the state of Israel needs to be destroyed.

• jews are opressed too

Most people are only aware of the holocost as being the largest act of Gentile agression against Jews, but silmiar things have transpired for thousands of years; go on line or check out a book on the subject & I'm sure you'll be shocked.

Just for the record, no, I don't think I would be shocked. My people have suffered similarly, and in that respect, many people have suffered similarly. I am not going to compare battle scars here, I'm just saying... Jews are not the only people to make it thru trying times.

However, I wasn't posing my question on an international level concerning countries where the Jewish population would have been considered a minority. Moreso in regards to the Israeli-Jewish citizens, seeing as how suicide bombings were mentioned as a parallel, it seemed that Sabadabada was referring to Jews being oppressed on the same land as Palestinians, and that is most definitely not the case.

if the palestinians & the arab world were more amicable to western culture & living

that the worst thing i've ever read on this site.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Palestinians want their own country not the destruction of another.

[sarcasm] Are you so wise to know what every Palestinian wants? I hate when ppeople off one race think they have the other all figured out.

Describe your Palestinian experience...

just good natured humor, right?

[/sarcasm]

• I was surprised that there are any people who consider themselves Palestinians who aren't for the destruction of Israel.

Steve,

you have it wrong. Palestinians want their own country not the destruction of another.

be careful in making statements like that. They are filled with hate and ignorance. One of my closer friends is a palestinian/ Jordanian I hang out with him and his mother and wife quite a bit and we talk middle east politics all the time. At no point has he , his family, or any of his other palestianian friends told me that the state of Israel needs to be destroyed.

I wasn't aware of people like that, that gives at least a little hope for peace. I guess there weren't enough of them to win the election, though.

Why?

just because i don't agree with Israeli military policy makes me anti-semite? fucking please.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Palestinians want their own country not the destruction of another.

[sarcasm] Are you so wise to know what every Palestinian wants? I hate when ppeople off one race think they have the other all figured out.

Describe your Palestinian experience...

just good natured humor, right?

[/sarcasm]

your ass is showing some deep bruising there dude.

By the way I consider myself semetic. My grandfather was a turkish arab and the other 3/4s of my grandparents are all semetic eastern europeans. I've been on the Gaza Israeli border. I've spoken with Palestinians in their homeland and here in Los Angeles.

I would never consider myself wise enough to speak for Palestinian people as individuals. But as for the wants of Hamas, the PLO and other political Palestinian groups those have all been stated.

any other comments/ questions you got for me?

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

we should include one dollar to Palestine, for every dollar we send to Israel. (in terms o f US foriegn aid)

That would be an additional 5 billion[/b] dollars a year give or take a couple of pennies...

• If anyone can control the terrorists, it's hamas.

do you even know what your talking about?

Taza, Hamas are the "terrorists" . This shit is scary. Be it if your for Israel or not, the area just became that much more dangerous.

I know, I'm saying, if by some unlikely chance they became moderate now that they are not marginalized, they would have a better chance at helping the peace process because of their "street cred". It's a pipe dream, but a dream nonethaless.

• PEKPEK 735 Posts
    Post deleted by PEK

• you have it wrong. Palestinians want their own country not the destruction of another.

This is very true.

A similar misconception is the we (Arabs) hate all Jews. And this is simply not the case. It is Israel's zionist governement that Arabs are weary of not the Jewish faith and its followers. Arabs (both Muslim and Christian) have lived along side Sephardic Jews for centuries without incidence and have historically shared a mutual respect for one another. Just saying...

A government's actions seldom (if ever) reflect its citizens wishes. Lumping the two together is never a good look.