HAMAS WINS - Suggestions for avoiding nuclear war!

Comments

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

I was agreeing with you. well kind of.
    I was just trying to show that you can't make blanket statements like 'they hate us, and wish us dead' as some kind of justification for killing them first.

i didnt know anyone here was pushing for this kind of action

What do you think the billions of dollars of aid that the US gives to Israel every year is spent on?
    All those tanks, guns, bombs, and nuclear weapons only serve one purpose.

Moke, take a deep breath and read a fucking book. Israel does not go around killing people because of some imaginary perception that those people hate Israel. You know this. Hyperbole is not helping this discussion.

I never said they did.

Nice use of the word 'hyperbole' by the way.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    This is going nowhere.

Sorry to disappoint.

Interesting choice of words. I am not looking for a villain, as easy it would be to have an obvious good guy and a very definite bad guy.

rootless, all points taken...

everyone has their own personal stories - these threads get into a perpetual back and forth, each point discounting the former and still we are no closer to a solution.

I respect what you are saying, yet can think of examples of 'palpable' hatred of Arabs by Israelis. And I should actually apologize and clarify -I don't see Israeli and Jew as the same. I know too many Jews who oppose the state of Israel to use those words interchangeably.

I think the creation of Israel is considered to be a fairly hateful act upon Arabs that is lived out everyday....and is much bigger than any website, conference or school book.

Like I said, I'm not really interested in who is more right or wrong - I think we are way past that point now. Only interpretive dance can help now.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    cause if they were left in the dirt with nothing but will they'd be blowing up civlian targets like the King David hotel

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    This is going nowhere.

it hasn't gone anywhere since 1948

shut up thrifty matzo bitch

would that be anything like me calling you an imperialist mayonaise rapist?

keep focused dude. you want to discuss middle east politics thats cool, you want to show some Jewish Anti-semetic hate find some other place to spit that bullshit

• if not coincidental to the fact that Palestinians want what's theirs. That's what it comes down to.

and so do we, or have you not heard of a book called the bible?

Yeah, I've heard of the bible, tough guy. I'm an Arab Christian. My people were baptised and lead directly by Jesus and his disciples, driven-out, taxed, and thrown to lions by the Romans, so don't even try to pull that shit on me.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    This is going nowhere.

wow.

This is going nowhere.

keep focused dude. you want to discuss middle east politics thats cool, you want to show some Jewish Anti-semetic hate find some other place to spit that bullshit

oh, OK. Maybe I should post about how my "transitional neighborhood" is big dope soaked minstrel show?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Frank, we're cool and all, but you are REALLY showing your ass right now.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    This is going nowhere.

Do you misspell "Semitic" every time that you type it, or is the spelling you use in fact some sort of more historically accurate one or one that is intended to make a political statement? (serious question)

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    cause if they were left in the dirt with nothing but will they'd be blowing up civlian targets like the King David hotel

nothing but will and about $800 million a year in foreign aid.

Well, your boy wants antisemitic. Cause that's what any critique of Israel policy is. Right?

This is going nowhere.

Do you misspell "Semitic" every time that you type it, or is the spelling you use in fact some sort of more historically accurate one or one that is intended to make a political statement? (serious question)

that's what we call 'em down here.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Well, your boy wants antisemitic. Cause that's what any critique of Isreal policy is. Right?

Loaded question. You're smart, man. Come on now...

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    By the way, we were absolutely due for one of these topics.

I'm going to get my laundry. Don't do anything rash while I'm out.

I just think it's ridiculous that anti-cementism ever came into this.

Well, your boy wants antisemitic. Cause that's what any critique of Isreal policy is. Right?

Loaded question. You're smart, man. Come on now...

This is piece from an item called the "Hamas Charter" published in the Jerusalem Post, is this a critique of Israel policy?

The Prophet, Allah bless him and grant him salvation, has said: 'The Day of Judgement will not come about until Muslims fight the Jews (killing the Jews), when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Muslims, O Abdulla, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him...'

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Faux - you know damn well I can't spell for shit

I'll be spelling my accusations more carefully from now on

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Regardless whether or not it is rediculous, you're continuing to be antagonistic, dude.

• Well, your boy wants antisemitic. Cause that's what any critique of Isreal policy is. Right?

That's not true. Now, I'm not trying to speak for anybody else here, but I think most of us prefer to have this discussion free of cheerleading, whether it's for either side, be it Israeli or Palestinian. If certain folks are so blinded by their support, maybe they shouldn't partake in such debates.

And throwing racial/religious slurs around is definitely not cool.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

That's not true. Now, I'm not trying to speak for anybody else here, but I think most of us prefer to have this discussion free of cheerleading, whether it's for either side, be it Israeli or Palestinian. If certain folks are so blinded by their support, maybe they shouldn't partake in such debates.

Right on.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    most of us prefer to have this discussion free of cheerleading, whether it's for either side, be it Israeli or Palestinian. If certain folks are so blinded by their support, maybe they shouldn't partake in such debates.

couldn't of said it better myself.

i'm not worried about being cool. i'm worried about my country wasting time and tons of money on a cause that is not going anywhere--just in fucking circles--while we have so many of our won domestic problems. this includes ALL current middle east policy. come on! somebody show me some middle east progress for the greater good that the USA has supported? ever?

until then everybody can fuck the fuck off. jews arabs xtians the gop dems. and everybody on this board who does not think we need to wipe the slate clean and start over. cause these tired ass debates never go anywhere.

i'm not worried about being cool. i'm worried about my country wasting time and tons of money on a cause that is not going anywhere--just in fucking circles--while we have so many of our won domestic problems. this includes ALL current middle east policy. come on! somebody show me some middle east progress for the greater good that the USA has supported? ever?

until then everybody can fuck the fuck off. jews arabs xtians the gop dems. and everybody on this board who does not think we need to wipe the slate clean and start over. cause these tired ass debates never go anywhere.

A rocket from the middle east with a nuclear warhead heading towards Boston, does that become a domestic probablem when it lands?

• i'm not worried about being cool. i'm worried about my country wasting time and tons of money on a cause that is not going anywhere--just in fucking circles--while we have so many of our won domestic problems. this includes ALL current middle east policy. come on! somebody show me some middle east progress for the greater good that the USA has supported? ever?

So are you suggesting the US persues an isolationist policy and refrains from involving itself in events beyond its borders ?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

So are you suggesting the US persues an isolationist policy and refrains from involving itself in events beyond its borders ?

I think he wants the US to have nothing to do with those "thrify matzo bitches"

In a perfect world we wouldn't have to worry about those troublesome Jews.

• not all arabs hate jews, duh

you'd be surprised at how many people believe the opposite.

I was taught in my K-6th grade Jewish day school never to trust Arabs and I've been a member of Hillel at 2 different Universities in 2 different states both of which had members with some very low opinions of Palestinians.

Funny thing. A while back I've been looking in some old schoolbooks of a second cousin/friend of mine. He used to live in Kuwait until he was 10 years old or something. As I was flipping the pages I noticed a black spot. Those pages in that particular chapter contained nothing but flags and the countries it belonged to. On further inspection, the black spot i saw was the Israelian flag blackened with a magic marker. I've asked my second cousin if he did this, he said his school did.
    , especially when you take account that this was an International school. Kids of all races and religions attend these schools, and yet the school did not recognize Israel as a country.

I think he wants the US to have nothing to do with those "thrify matzo bitches"

In a perfect world we wouldn't have to worry about those troublesome Jews.

in a perfect world there wouldn't be

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

not all arabs hate jews, duh

you'd be surprised at how many people believe the opposite.

I was taught in my K-6th grade Jewish day school never to trust Arabs and I've been a member of Hillel at 2 different Universities in 2 different states both of which had members with some very low opinions of Palestinians.

Funny thing. A while back I've been looking in some old schoolbooks of a second cousin/friend of mine. He used to live in Kuwait until he was 10 years old or something. As I was flipping the pages I noticed a black spot. Those pages in that particular chapter contained nothing but flags and the countries it belonged to. On further inspection, the black spot i saw was the Israelian flag blackened with a magic marker. I've asked my second cousin if he did this, he said his school did.
    , especially when you take account that this was an International school. Kids of all races and religions attend these schools, and yet the school did not recognize Israel as a country.

as far as I know this goes on a lot. Its really depressing. Instilling hate for others at a young age pretty much insures the fighting will continue generation after genereation. I was pretty much brought along this path. My saving grace was questioning why I was being taught this.

For those that think I'm defending a side in this argument I'm not. I am of the belief that the palestinians and the Jews deserve their own country. I am also of the belief that they are of one people and whether they ever decide to intergrate countries or not they should still allow open discussion and diplomacy on all levels from pre-school to the government to the senior citizen homes.

-TMB

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

A rocket from the middle east with a nuclear warhead heading towards Boston, does that become a domestic probablem when it lands?

Not to worry.... this will be a "smart" bomb and will only kill Jews, Republicans, Cheney, Haliburton employees, Bush and folks who voted for Bush...those on the far left, independents, athiests and those who did not vote for Bush will be safe....then we can wipe the slate clean and start over.....I can't wait!!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Not to worry.... this will be a "smart" bomb and will only kill Jews, Republicans, Cheney, Haliburton employees, Bush and folks who voted for Bush...those on the far left, independents, athiests and those who did not vote for Bush will be safe....then we can wipe the slate clean and start over.....I can't wait!!

Maybe you should aim it at Houston instead of Boston.