HAMAS WINS - Suggestions for avoiding nuclear war!

Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
edited January 2006 in Strut Central
Suggestions for Avoinfing Thermonuclear war in 2 to 4 years!![/b] --Declare the state of Montana as the New State of Israel. Transfer all the Montana Freemen to South Dakota.--Israel makes a huge concession and gives up Jerusalem.Thats all I can think of, add on...

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    With the shit talking coming out of Iran. Things don't look on the positive side.

The only thing that might really work is "Hugs Across the World". Where everyone at the same time gives eachother a hug.

Think about it people...

• The only thing that might really work is "Hugs Across the World". Where everyone at the same time gives eachother a hug.

I like this, also everybody has to meditate on world peace and the beautitudes as they are embracing.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

The only thing that might really work is "Hugs Across the World". Where everyone at the same time gives eachother a hug.

I like this, also everybody has to meditate on world peace and the beautitudes as they are embracing.

Yeah, and I'll be picking your pocket for 45s adapters! Gawd you guys are like so naive!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Yeah, and I'll be picking your pocket for 45s adapters! Gawd you guys are like so naive!

Those nice shinny metal ones or those shitty plastic muthafuckers?

Fuck it... I'll keep the plastic ones on me at all times just to piss you off.

What would Spliff do on said question?

• The only thing that might really work is "Hugs Across the World". Where everyone at the same time gives eachother a hug.

you just pushed the world destruction schedule ahead by six months with that negativity.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    what happened?

• what happened?

Hamas won the majority of the legislature in the elections in Palestine. Their party line is "Destruction of Israel," more or less. Who knows what they'll do, but the Israeli government is pissed as hell about it. With Sharon immobilized and a new ((former?)terrorist) government emerging in Palestine, its getting even more complicated.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    oh shit

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    what happened?

the people have spoken.

and everything just got 500 times more complicated.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

Those elections were free and fair and we need to recognize and accept the democratic will of the Palestinian people.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

• He's right - this is the best and worst thing that could've happened. It completely blows out of the water the false Bushism that if we only show these A-rabs the shining light of Democracy (read: Jesus), they will become westernized peaceloving happypeople. And I do believe in democracy and dealing with its good or bad consequences. On the other hand, it is really really fucking fucked.

Congratulations honey. *kiss* *kiss*

westernized peaceloving happypeople.

Edward Said?

• Congratulations honey. *kiss* *kiss*

the dueche bag arafat was not part of hamas, arafats party lost

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    A lot of folks are saying that Hamas won on account of Fatah curruption. If that's so, it may be imprudent to assume that a majority of Palestine just voted for the destruction of Israel. Perhaps a crude analogy can be drawn with people voting PQ in Quebec; they're not for secession but they don't care for the perceived curroption and failings of the alternatives. Either way, the only reasonable thing to do is make the best of the situation. What the best of this situation is, I have no idea.

Does anyone else marvel the "shoot into the air" approach to celebration? It seems to me like there are better ways to express jubilation. Then again, I've never had the opportunity to shoot a gun into the air so I'm speaking ignorence.

Congratulations honey. *kiss* *kiss*

• A lot of folks are saying that Hamas won on account of Fatah curruption. If that's so, it may be imprudent to assume that a majority of Palestine just voted for the destruction of Israel. Perhaps a crude analogy can be drawn with people voting PQ in Quebec; they're not for secession but they don't care for the perceived curroption and failings of the alternatives. Either way, the only reasonable thing to do is make the best of the situation. What the best of this situation is, I have no idea.

Does anyone else marvel the "shoot into the air" approach to celebration? It seems to me like there are better ways to express jubilation. Then again, I've never had the opportunity to shoot a gun into the air so I'm speaking ignorence.

I don't think anyone (including Palestinians) can ignore the military wing of Hamas.

I'm sorry honey. *kiss* *kiss*

Damn, that was good one too, wait I'll fix it.

• A lot of folks are saying that Hamas won on account of Fatah curruption. If that's so, it may be imprudent to assume that a majority of Palestine just voted for the destruction of Israel. Perhaps a crude analogy can be drawn with people voting PQ in Quebec; they're not for secession but they don't care for the perceived curroption and failings of the alternatives. Either way, the only reasonable thing to do is make the best of the situation. What the best of this situation is, I have no idea.

I think you're right in your assesment, Fatah is incredibly corrupt and innefective, and it seems that the majority who are living in deplorable conditions wanted them out. I dont think Hamas is the answer though. Tyranny of the masses.

• If anyone can control the terrorists, it's hamas.

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    A lot of folks are saying that Hamas won on account of Fatah curruption. If that's so, it may be imprudent to assume that a majority of Palestine just voted for the destruction of Israel. Perhaps a crude analogy can be drawn with people voting PQ in Quebec; they're not for secession but they don't care for the perceived curroption and failings of the alternatives. Either way, the only reasonable thing to do is make the best of the situation. What the best of this situation is, I have no idea.

The best of the situation is probably that Hamas might have to be a bit more responsive to the people - before they were in a state of opposition, and anything that was wrong or went badly for Fatah was good for them, regardless of the consequences, and they didn't have to achieve anything. Now, since they're in power, they have expectations on them that they won't be able to brush off, which, if they don't meet, could get them voted out next time.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    There's no money in peace.

If you're not in Israel, its not the terrorists we really have to worry about, its the political realignment. Complex new alliances will be formed almost over night, the reuslts of which could be staggering.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

co-cyn

do you even know what your talking about?

dude that would make a sweet t-shirt

• There's no money in peace.

co-cyn

jews and the arabs/political pawns in the master game/the one who controls the board sees them all the same/ basically/ cannon fodder

Fatah has the Al-Aqsa Martyers Brigade. What's the fucking difference?

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Fatah has the Al-Aqsa Martyers Brigade. What's the fucking difference?

Yeah good point. Anyway, if the world can maintain the status quo for just another three or four years I'll be too old to get drafted. Anyway, peace is bad for business.

oppressed people will defend themselves by any means necessary

we should include one dollar to Palestine, for every dollar we send to Israel. (in terms o f US foriegn aid)

but to be honest we shouldn't send either side another fucking penny until everyone in this country has access healthcare and to quality education.