Ghostface "Fish Scale" Album Cover:

Comments

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    who can't see the "H"? That shit is right there
    on his jacket

Oh right. I'm sure it's just obscured

No...it looks like there are 4 letters on the left--presumably F-I-S--then on the right S-C-A-L-E. Hence FISSCALE.

amazing!

the real question is how do i get one in my size???????

Missbassie,

You repping for the crack rappers? You already got your snowman t-shirt?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    who can't see the "H"? That shit is right there
    on his jacket

Oh right. I'm sure it's just obscured

No...it looks like there are 4 letters on the left--presumably F-I-S--then on the right S-C-A-L-E. Hence FISSCALE.

amazing!

the real question is how do i get one in my size???????

Missbassie,

You repping for the crack rappers? You already got your snowman t-shirt?

LOL! i'm waiting for that to come out in my size too!
    the streets don't give a damn about 5'2".

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

The streets are fronting on shorties? That ain't right. You should see who's Jermaine Dupri's clothier.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

The streets are fronting on shorties? That ain't right. You should see who's Jermaine Dupri's clothier.

hah! I have a feeling Phipps Plaza is a little out of my league.

• freshness
    ready for this new ghost
    thanks for postin those links

Stop posting here funion bwoy. Take that shit to godhatesfags.com or something.

• like colombian fishscale ask my man ishmael
    ghostface killa got props like a cop

• I'm not sure that I've ever heard anyone sample Tropicalia on a hip hop record before. Are there other examples of this?

The song, the album, or the movement?

Jorge Ben was sampled by the Black Eyed Peas, and there will be more to come. Producers are hip to it.

The movement--and I don't think this is necessarily the thread to discuss this but I don't really consider Jorge Ben to be part of the whole Tropicalia thing (and whether or not Black Eyed Peas are a hip hop group at this point is also a huge point of contention).

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    The movement--and I don't think this is necessarily the thread to discuss this but I don't really consider Jorge Ben to be part of the whole Tropicalia thing (and whether or not Black Eyed Peas are a hip hop group at this point is also a huge point of contention).

He not only helped inspire it but was a part as well:

Jorge Ben represented the Rio wing of Brazil's tropicalia movement. (from Slipcue)

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I've never even heard of Tropicalia. I have, however, heard of Tropicana.

I can't wait to hear this when I get home.

P.S., to that dude who said fast tempos mean rappers will be able to get more words in..... uh... what?

• The movement--and I don't think this is necessarily the thread to discuss this but I don't really consider Jorge Ben to be part of the whole Tropicalia thing (and whether or not Black Eyed Peas are a hip hop group at this point is also a huge point of contention).

He not only helped inspire it but was a part as well:

Jorge Ben represented the Rio wing of Brazil's tropicalia movement. (from Slipcue)

He was most definitely a HUGE influence and an occasional collaborator but my point is that he's not on the Tropicalia:Panis et Circensis album which was the manifesto for the movement.

• peep the boat!!! fools is trying to cop yachts while ghost is on that other level: transatlantic shipping!

Liberian registration for days....

• The Evolution of how rappers "rap", has come a long way.
    Artists throughout the years, have learned how to get more into a verse in a less amount of time. How can you not understand that?

In areas of hip-hop in the South, and West, artists are getting more prolific in that area of the writing & wordplay.
    I was just proposing that the East coast style could use a spring cleaning in terms of how they approach making a song. If they want to appeal to a wider audience, and still keep up w/ the times, the beatmaking approach should focus on making the break faster (i.e: HIP-HOP PRODUCTION FROM THE LATE 80'S) for the artist to rap in a faster tempo.
    But the production should focus on more of a hypnotic loop production, instead of cutting up the break so much.

You know that old head nod shit from when we was really feeling what was coming out of the east.

Explain to me why that sounds like such a headscratcher of a proposal?

• suspicious ban-aid on his left hand. just got out of the hospital on some IV schitt perhaps? let's start a Ghost AIDS rumor!!!!

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

camron got love for you

"Look at mami eyes blue five two
    I approached her "hi boo, how you ?""

ps - "my closet???s pet cemetery"

The Evolution of how rappers "rap", has come a long way.
    Artists throughout the years, have learned how to get more into a verse in a less amount of time. How can you not understand that?

In areas of hip-hop in the South, and West, artists are getting more prolific in that area of the writing & wordplay.
    I was just proposing that the East coast style could use a spring cleaning in terms of how they approach making a song. If they want to appeal to a wider audience, and still keep up w/ the times, the beatmaking approach should focus on making the break faster (i.e: HIP-HOP PRODUCTION FROM THE LATE 80'S) for the artist to rap in a faster tempo.
    But the production should focus on more of a hypnotic loop production, instead of cutting up the break so much.

You know that old head nod shit from when we was really feeling what was coming out of the east.

Explain to me why that sounds like such a headscratcher of a proposal?

because hypnotic loops got played out in the mid-90's.

• because hypnotic loops got played out in the mid-90's.

I think there is more to be had from the minimalism of a really hypnotic loop than, "look what I can do w / my MPC " pissing contest shit we have now.

It wouldn't feel the same if the break was faster anyway.

+ subtle changes in a loop works better IMO than all of this cut up shit..

It's a little AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh....

so sleepy.....

sorry..

I am just SO TIRED>.........

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    anybody else doing a track like this would probably get a consensus of

who else would ever do a track like this though?

Oh, I see what you are saying now.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    anybody else doing a track like this would probably get a consensus of

who else would ever do a track like this though?

No popular rappers but I assume plenty of underground rap dudes would. Wasn't that same track already used by Doom?

• kilos =

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    No popular rappers but I assume plenty of underground rap dudes would. Wasn't that same track already used by Doom?

i must be unfairly sleeping on the 120 bpm underground rap trend.

i don't think doom rapped over that beat. but i did enjoy "i hear voices" which was done in a similar vein.

but who else is doing that? edan? i don't think he comes close to ghost on any level.

• but who else is doing that? edan? i don't think he comes close to ghost on any level.

well, let's be fair: edan's a better producer than ghost.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    ghost producing holla > anything edan has ever made

• ghost producing holla > anything edan has ever made

i challenge you to start a ghost v. edan productions thread.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    ghost producing holla > anything edan has ever made

Are you saying Ghostface's production skill is greater than Edan's?
    That's crazy talk.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    That's crazy talk.

do you measure "skill" in technical expertise or in the end product?

in other words, do you like jay dee or not?

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    That's crazy talk.

do you measure "skill" in technical expertise or in the end product?

in other words, do you like jay dee or not?

Who's this jay dee person you speak of? did he do any production for Edan?

• ghost producing holla > anything edan has ever made

and while we're on this ridiculous subject, plaese to explain what "production" ghost did on holla?

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

but who else is doing that? edan? i don't think he comes close to ghost on any level.

Edan is a top beatmaker. No one comes close to him & he's yet to make a beat that sounds to me. Ghost has a dope flow, but his rhymes make no sense.

In a freestyle, Edan torches Ghost.

Edan is a top beatmaker. No one comes close to him & he's yet to make a beat that sounds to me. Ghost has a dope flow, but his rhymes make no sense.

In a freestyle, Edan torches Ghost.

YIKES. That's not going to be a popular point of view.

Honestly, Ghost could rap about stamp collecting and make it sound like the freshest shit ever.