Continental Europe Meeting THIS SUMMER

Comments

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    Sounds like a good idea. I'll be travelling around Europe with my soundsystem so
    if it fits the scheduel we'll pop by.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    like I said: you can make suggestions. Cologne is cool, me thinks

cosign! Although it is indeed not the prettiest city (olski is right), it would be dope to do this thing there. have a bbq at the river on a saturday, then party at night with the discos and all other strutters that wanna spin! then on sunday we could have a kuchenplatte trading all the raers that are left over! i suggest first weekend of september

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    i might fly down - just saw an ad for 25 euro helsinki-cologne flights.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Hook up Pap and LeToupt, and that will be THE MOTHA of all soulstrut shindigs.

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    The advantage of doing the show about SS meeting in cologne online is that every struter worldwide can see you disabled retards. But I can put a black block over your eyes so no one will know you.

Peace

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i might fly down - just saw an ad for 25 euro helsinki-cologne flights.

YES!!! I was hoping for some Scandinavians to come. How about Cosmophnic and Devil McDoom?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Hook up Pap and LeToupt, and that will be THE MOTHA of all soulstrut shindigs.

Don't kid us, plaese.

• Sounds dope, I'm down!

But why not make it Hamburg, the pleasure capitol of Europe

• With a get-together of this magnitude, of course there is going to be restrictions. Not every average BBE compilation cunt is going to have a free chance to eat ribs among us true collectros. You can only attend if you pass this diggers test, what record is the first in this crate, as seen on the picture:

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    With a get-together of this magnitude, of course there is going to be restrictions. Not every average BBE compilation cunt is going to have a free chance to eat ribs among us true collectros. You can only attend if you pass this diggers test, what record is the first in this crate, as seen on the picture:

looks like a graham bonde, but i'm prolly wrong... tell us!

• cHillercHiller 293 Posts
    The advantage of doing the show about SS meeting in cologne online is that every struter worldwide can see you disabled retards. But I can put a black block over your eyes so no one will know you.

Peace

what about we hire some good lookin doubles...?

• Fuck, I thought it was this one, but it isn't ..

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    And I thought it was this one. We're both losers big time

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts

Got a place for me to sleep, grope?

I can offer you a place in Dortmund. Can get there by S-Bahn... how about it? My friends apartment... one room with raer home grown plants.

mmhhhhh plants... sounds like the right place for me

About the cam thing: I'm not afraid to be on TV, I've been on there before

I just thought this might disturb the nerdy exchange atmosphere and keep some shyer ppl from coming!

Hamburg would be nicer for record stores perhaps, but I think its not the right place for a huge group to gather (also fear my local store prices ). I have no idea where to put all you ppl plus there isnt too much places apart from "the alster" where we could gather and I bet we'd loose half the group if we raided the reeperbahn

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to meeting some ppl for the first time and seeing others again (Bapt, I'll have that dutch jazz thing for you if we both manage to come)!!

I really hope to be in Germany around the time. Any special guests yet?

?

• Holland would be nicer for record stores perhaps.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Holland would be nicer for record stores perhaps.

yeah, but no need to go digging with a group of 30+ Soulstrutters. Ya heard?!

I thin it would be cool to hang out and have sth like a record convention the next day. Digging trips must be done before or afterwards. Individually organized...

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Good idea, keep us posted. Reppin' Sweden, myself.

• Well, idea is great... Anyhow its always a long trip for me , but i'll make it possible, so keep me updated about the exact date and i will be there... K??ln or another place... peace G

• as soon as we have a date and place, could we start antoher (possible sticky) thread???

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    Depending on the date, Im down.
    I'll bring records and herbs.

But I'd like to include one of those Kolsch beerplaces where they refill your glass without asking. Throw in a big Schnitzel and Im good to go.

Koln is a dope town to do this!

Can we do the 2007 EuroStrut hookup in Amsterdam?

• E_DailyE_Daily 812 Posts

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    Depending on the date, Im down.

But I'd like to include one of those Kolsch beerplaces where they refill your glass without asking. Throw in a big Schnitzel and Im good to go.

If you want to go k??lsch all the way you better have a Sauerbraten vom Pferd or Himmel und ??d. A trip to an original Brauhaus should be part of the excursion for sure.

Amsterdam 2007 is sounding good too!

• Another date could be in November, when Utrecht record fair starts, but probably too late for some of strutters....

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Yes, please. We could meet at different places each year. That would be ??ber. In fact it would even be dr??ber.
    I'd love to go to Amsterdam.

We can most definitely hit a K??lsch bar to drink some K??lschs (small beers with automatic refill). We NEED to do that. At least, I need to.

I'll wait for some more people to show interest in this thread. I'm going to suggest three to five dates later on. But you can make suggestions too.

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    Grope, get in touch with Scope to find out about the Disco Diamant dates and the record fair. There will always be people who can't make it. The best thing is fixing a date and kep the people updated. I can put together a list of Cologne record stores worth checking. Nothing special or secret but there are a few spots worth checking.

• Depending on the date, Im down.

Can we do the 2007 EuroStrut hookup in Amsterdam?[/b]
    I'm down!!
    Keep me updated

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    We can most definitely hit a K??lsch bar to drink some K??lschs (small beers with automatic refill). We NEED to do that. At least, I need to.

Somebody say something about going to a brauhaus? Fuck records, I'm where the beer is at. I know you got that brewery heat down there!

Sounds like it could be a little tough food-wise for a veggie like me, so I'll bring the tofu sausages maaaaaaan.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    My suggestion:[/b]

Place:
    K??LN

Dates:
    Saturday & Sunday
    July, 22th - 23th
    August, 5th - 6th
    August, 26th - 27th
    September, 2nd - 3rd
    September, 9th - 10th

1st day:
    1) BBQ at noon at the Rheinufer in Cologne
    2) hitting a bar (or rented premises) to sit down and talk and drink some beer in the evening
    3) going to a club (or stay at our rented premises) for a party with a Soulstrut DJ or several Soulstrut DJs at night (don't know if that's possible in Cologne - the attending non-Soulstrut crowd, entrance fee and lease costs will be a big issue, unless Discodiamant can hook us up)

2nd day:
    our own record convention (with a little help by Scope and Defcon) in the morning (meaning at noon)

Plus: Hook-ups and digging trips (to be set up idividually)

WE WOULD NEED TO SHARE ANY COSTS. Anyone against that?

Feedback, please.

• Sounds like it could be a little tough food-wise for a veggie like me

last time my mum had visitors from the us, she took them to a typical thuringian bbq, and from what I heard they called it Fleischfest (meat-party).

but I'm quite sure you don't need to bring your food, surely we'll be able to lay our hands on some veggie stuff over here too.

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    Disco Diamant have their night on the first and third friday each month at the Subway. If you want to connect the meeting with a club night you should kep that in mind. Also keep in mind that you are in the City of Can aka Rainy City. That means August is the best month to plan a bbq but most clubs are closed because everybod is on holiday.