Saigon = full of shit?

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    alot of deep south music that is on radio, mtv, clubs is greats for having fun in clubs but i aint gonna buy that shit to listen to it cos its simple and them niggas aint up to par lyrically (niggas rhyme hat with cat I dont rate that cos its nusrey[/b] level shit)

Get your grammar, spelling, capitalization and punctuation game up before you diss an entire region for being...nusrey[/b] level.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    I JUST WISH PEOPLE WOULD GET OFF THIS REGIONAL SCHITT (ALTHOUGH I KNOW THEY NEVER WILL... INSECURE HOES). I DON'T GIVE A FUCK WHERE ANYBODY COMES FROM. IF YOU NICE, YOU NICE. IF YOU AIN'T, YOU AIN'T. MUTHAFUCKAS NEED TO STUDY THIS ARTFORM AND UNDERSTAND WHAT MAKES AN EMCEE NICE OR NOT NICE... IT AIN'T THAT FUCKIN' HARD TO DECIPHER IF YOUR BRAIN IS LARGER THAN A COTDAMN BLACK EYED PEA (NO PUN INTENDED). SWAGGER, ATTITUDE AND STYLE IS GREAT BUT IF YOUR MEANING DOESN'T MATTER, BEST PUT IT TO REST. THERE ARE A DECENT AMOUNT OF SOUTHERN RAPPERS WHO DO HAVE MEANING, DO HAVE SKILLS AND UNDERSTAND WHAT THE ART OF RHYMING IS ALL ABOUT (LUDA, UNCLE FACE, BUN B, T.I., DAVID BANNER etc.). STOP DEFENDING ALL THE PISS-POOR ONES THAT DON'T AND MAKE THEM STEP THEIR MUTHAFUCKIN' GAME UP. JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN PARTY TO SOME OF THAT SCHITT DON'T MEAN THAT THE MUTHAFUCKAS ARE NICE. USE YOUR FUCKIN' BRAINS FOR A CHANGE, BATCHES[/b]

I LOVE THE SOUTH.

• BUT IF YOUR MEANING DOESN'T MANIFEST PUT IT TO REST

I know something about emceein' too, Phill

• BUT IF YOUR MEANING DOESN'T MANIFEST PUT IT TO REST

Phillip Most versus Jonathan Paycheck rapping battle! Post files and put it to a vote, but only Southerners can vote.

• How about Phill post a song, then I'll chop and screw it, then we'll decide which version we like more?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    THERE ARE A DECENT AMOUNT OF SOUTHERN RAPPERS WHO DO HAVE MEANING, DO HAVE SKILLS AND UNDERSTAND WHAT THE ART OF RHYMING IS ALL ABOUT... (DAVID BANNER etc.).

Just as an aside here: why do you guys that don't listen to much Southern rap always wanna big up David Banner as some sort of artistic exception?

Do you actually enjoy listening to him rap? He's cool as a producer, but he's released exactly one great song under his own name...

• THERE ARE A DECENT AMOUNT OF SOUTHERN RAPPERS WHO DO HAVE MEANING, DO HAVE SKILLS AND UNDERSTAND WHAT THE ART OF RHYMING IS ALL ABOUT... (DAVID BANNER etc.).

Just as an aside here: why do you guys that don't listen to much Southern rap always wanna big up David Banner as some sort of artistic exception?

Do you actually enjoy listening to him rap? He's cool as a producer, but he's released exactly one great song under his own name...

Have you seen him in interviews? He's so well-spoken.

• THERE ARE A DECENT AMOUNT OF SOUTHERN RAPPERS WHO DO HAVE MEANING, DO HAVE SKILLS AND UNDERSTAND WHAT THE ART OF RHYMING IS ALL ABOUT... (DAVID BANNER etc.).

tep into club looking just like a pimp
    We got cash
    So we screaming out "shake something BITCH"
    This is the song
    Tell the DJ put it on
    Micheal Tyler made you shake
    Sisqo made you show your thong
    Bitch im dead wrong
    The playa from the crib
    So get out on the flo'
    And girl get it how you live
    And since you so hot (hot)
    Fuck its show yo pussy lips
    You go to Tougaloo, but I know you still flip
    Bitch don't trip
    Aint a damn thang changed
    I still love my queens
    But bitches keep me to the game
    So if you gotta hoe
    Shake em up and let em go uhh
    And let them girls get down on the flo' on the flo'
    Like a Pimp

JUST BECAUSE MUTHAFUCKAS ARE NICE DON'T MEAN THAT YOU CAN PARTY TO SOME OF THAT SCHITT.

I mean, who dances to Ras Kass?

THERE ARE A DECENT AMOUNT OF SOUTHERN RAPPERS WHO DO HAVE MEANING, DO HAVE SKILLS AND UNDERSTAND WHAT THE ART OF RHYMING IS ALL ABOUT... (DAVID BANNER etc.).

tep into club looking just like a pimp
    We got cash
    So we screaming out "shake something BITCH"
    This is the song
    Tell the DJ put it on
    Micheal Tyler made you shake
    Sisqo made you show your thong
    Bitch im dead wrong
    The playa from the crib
    So get out on the flo'
    And girl get it how you live
    And since you so hot (hot)
    Fuck its show yo pussy lips
    You go to Tougaloo, but I know you still flip
    Bitch don't trip
    Aint a damn thang changed
    I still love my queens
    But bitches keep me to the game
    So if you gotta hoe
    Shake em up and let em go uhh
    And let them girls get down on the flo' on the flo'
    Like a Pimp

Super scientifical madness!!!

How about Phill post a song, then I'll chop and screw it, then we'll decide which version we like more?

THIS IS A GOOD IDEA

ON 2ND THOUGHT, MAYBE NOT SUCH A GOOD IDEA

BUT IF YOUR MEANING DOESN'T MANIFEST PUT IT TO REST

THIS IS THE PROBLEM WITH NYC RAPPERS... TOO COMPLICATED. WHO THE FUCK ACTUALLY USES THE WORD "MANIFEST"?

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Phillip Most versus Jonathan Paycheck rapping battle!
    But only if it's done either in the style of the "the Girl Is Mine" video, or perhaps the basketball battle from Wild Style ("Well I'm Jonny Pay-check and I'm here to say...). In the case of the latter, short shorts would be optional, but tube socks:

In either event, I predict a lyrical slugfest the likes of which hasn't been seen since Kid vs. Play. My hope is that these two can instead get together in Virginia or someplace similarly neutral and just build over some semi-sweet tea.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DUDE!

THAT NEEDS TO BE BOTH OF YOUR AVATARS IMMEDIATELY!!!!!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I BETCHA CANT DO IT LIKE ME, I BETCHA CANT DO IT LIKE ME, WHAT? I BETCHA CANT DO IT LIKE ME, I BETCHA CANT DO IT LIKE ME!!! WHAT?

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    it seems like most of this entire debate is based on lyrical content...
    but why does anyone care about rappers' lyrics anyways?
    no one is saying anything new.
    the beat makes the song.
    flow, vocab, voice, and wit all matter too.
    but the contenct in the north south east and west is all the same.

(this doesn't only apply to rap, but rock/pop/soul and everything else under the sun but lets leave it at rap for now)

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    so who's going to be the first to name some NYC rappers to check for? all jokes aside, i'm still waiting on a list.

You're forgetting that the reason why NYC rap sucks is due (some-fucking-how) to the south being so popular. Nobody's gonna put up a list of anything fromt he entire east coast at all, lest they get the SHIT SONNED out of them (for further reference see Batmon's Kool Keith attempt).

That's a direct challenge Big Stacks.

I named two NYC acts (off-top) three pages ago but no one was reading!!!! And plus, who ever said I was the NY representative? I'm from North Carolina. I don't like wack shit no matter where it's from. I qualified my so-called blanket statement about southern rappers (in agreement with Saigon) in my very FIRST post on this topic 5 pages ago. But then again, "it doesn't matter cause cats ain't reading..."

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

so who's going to be the first to name some NYC rappers to check for? all jokes aside, i'm still waiting on a list.

You're forgetting that the reason why NYC rap sucks is due (some-fucking-how) to the south being so popular. Nobody's gonna put up a list of anything fromt he entire east coast at all, lest they get the SHIT SONNED out of them (for further reference see Batmon's Kool Keith attempt).

I named two NYC acts (off-top) three pages ago but no one was reading!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Why not name two artists that someone has heard of? Are you gonna start talking about people's unreleased discography next?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Why not name two artists that someone has heard of? Are you gonna start talking about people's unreleased discography next?

Whose fault is that, dawg?

Stacks

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Stacks

So I gotta dig deep into the NYC underground to find TWO[/b] artists worthwhile? You on the other hand get to ignore the entire content of any artist that debuts from the south entirely?

And you're just not hatting?!

Where's that "walk away, son" graemlin?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

LOL

That's the trademark Jaydee fanboy move; "But have you heard his unreleased schitt?!"

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Stacks

So I gotta dig deep into the NYC underground to find TWO[/b] artists worthwhile? You on the other hand get to ignore the entire content of any artist that debuts from the south entirely?

You're funny, do you believe your own bullshit? Man, I've forgotten more shitt about music that you know. Don't herb yourself, son!!!! You need to take your ass back to the sandbox, and leave the debating to the grown men. You must not know, that's why I'm chillin'. I didn't know I was the NYC representative (if you were reading, you'd see I mushed them too). I don't like a lot of most rap period, as veterans on here would attest. I didn't know fan boys were so touchy about not liking that mush-mouth bullshit on the radio.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Stacks

You're funny, do you believe your own bullshit? Man, I've forgotten more shitt about music that you know. Don't herb yourself, son!!!! You need to take your ass back to the sandbox, and leave the debating to the grown men. You must not know, that's why I'm chillin'. I didn't know I was the NYC representative (if you were reading, you'd see I mushed them too). I don't like a lot of most rap period[/b], as veterans on here would attest.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Bitter and irrelevant.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Stacks

You're funny, do you believe your own bullshit? Man, I've forgotten more shitt about music that you know. Don't herb yourself, son!!!! You need to take your ass back to the sandbox, and leave the debating to the grown men. You must not know, that's why I'm chillin'. I didn't know I was the NYC representative (if you were reading, you'd see I mushed them too). I don't like a lot of most rap period[/b], as veterans on here would attest.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Bitter and irrelevant.

Nah, spraying perfume on shit doesn't make it flowers!!!!

Stacks

• to be honest i dont understand what the fuck is going on in this post, and why people would hate on Saigon!!! I think him and just blaze work fucking well together, better then a lot of other dudes in the rap game right now! A lot of what he does is fucking on point, in fact nearly everything he does! Dont sleep honestly!

• JpegJpeg 20 Posts
    Saigon is tight and he has a positive msg so why hate? just cos he aint jocking current pop trends? yes ludacris is dope and a bunch of others but in general alot them dudes aint serious mcs.

Good club music but to quote Ced Gee " some say keep it simple/but i say thats not right for me/I feel im deeper i have my own philosphy about rapping/ the way i feel it should be done/it should be clever competitive and also fun"

the south makes fun music but that the macdonalds of music if that all u listen to ur filling ur mind with junk, and a lot of that shit aint skilled and u can tell they rapping for the cash.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Saigon is tight and he has a positive msg so why hate? just cos he aint jocking current pop trends? yes ludacris is dope and a bunch of others but in general alot them dudes aint serious mcs.

Good club music but to quote Ced Gee " some say keep it simple/but i say thats not right for me/I feel im deeper i have my own philosphy about rapping/ the way i feel it should be done/it should be clever competitive and also fun"

the south makes fun music but that the macdonalds of music if that all u listen to ur filling ur mind with junk, and a lot of that shit aint skilled and u can tell they rapping for the cash.

Sorry, I don't mean to hate and I just can't take responses like this seriously when the person writing it sounds like they're still in elementary school (even if you can quote Ced Gee lyrics). Like, you shouldn't be reprimanding rappers for being unskilled if you're too lazy to spell out "you" and "cause".

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Stacks

You're funny, do you believe your own bullshit? Man, I've forgotten more shitt about music that you know. Don't herb yourself, son!!!! You need to take your ass back to the sandbox, and leave the debating to the grown men. You must not know, that's why I'm chillin'. I didn't know I was the NYC representative (if you were reading, you'd see I mushed them too). I don't like a lot of most rap period, as veterans on here would attest. I didn't know fan boys were so touchy about not liking that mush-mouth bullshit on the radio.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I think what Stacks is trying to say here is:

Don't come in here on some bullshit.[/b]

Okay, back to ignoring this thread.

Herm

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    You guys finished ?

listen...

NOTHING ! i've heard from the entire east coast in 2005 could fuck with Kryptonite,Stay Fly,From the South,Sittin Sideways,Coming Down,Draped Up,Get Throwed,Chop Chop,Lean Wit It,Turn it Up,The Story,Hustlers Ambition and a few more...

That Real Schitt aint been shit since 1992 because dudes wont stop crying and preaching enough to make a decent cd...

dudes are on every fuckin song bitchin and moaning about how great...blah...blah....while the other 3/4 of the country is having a helluva laffy taffy party.......muhfuckas are having a good time gettin fucked up on cough syrup, puttin diamonds and shit in their mouths.....THEY GOT GOLD TEETH IN THE SLAUSON SWAP MEET NOW !!!! you have no idea how crazy that is.....

its cool to stand in a circle and be all up in another dudes face spittin and saying some important shit......but hip hop is also about fun & partying and making absolutely no sense......The Soul Sonic Force were goddamn illiterate too, are they not to be respected ?

just saying.........its all balance...it'll swing back around again...just stop making garbage music ..... make youth music