2 Live Crew - Funk Shop/Euro Ultimixx - Luke Skyywalker 12"
    Kellee Patterson - Let Go, Let Go - Shady Brook promo 12" 1979
    Anquette - Throw the P - Luke Skyywalker 12"
    Egyptian Lover - Egypt, Egypt - Freak Beat OG 12"
    Nocera - Summertime, Summertime - Sleeping Bag promo 7"

• Big Black- Elements of Now LP
    The Force and DJ Devestator- Force Groove 12"
    Blue Magic- S/T LP
    Dee Dee Warwick- We're Doing Fine/You Don't Know (What You Do To Me) 45 (Blue Rock)
    The Dynamics- You're the Only One/Woe is Me 45 (Black Gold)
    The Dynamics- Funkey Key/Count Your Chips 45 (Black Gold)
    North by Northeast- Pain of City Living/Slave of Society 45 (Probe)
    Byron Lee and the Dragonaires- Every Day Will Be Like a Holiday/Don't Cry 45 (JAD)

and in the mail:
    Cecil Taylor- Conquistador! LP (stereo, blue/white Liberty labels)
    Ornette Coleman- Ornette on Tenor LP (stereo, white fan labels)

has anyone seen that Ornette LP with white fan labels before? Everything I've seen/read leads me to believe it doesn't exist...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    fleas/thrifts 25 cents to 1 dollar each:

that is ana y jaime. mega raer colombian psych/beat/pop/fuzz whatever. it's pretty good. also has gone for major cash!--
    http://popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4726147191

and this gem i unearthed...

it's an elementary stage band from jersey back in the 70s. never heard one this good--and i've heard many stage band records--it's heavy on the funk. so heavy on the funk with tons of breaks on almost every track! incredible! ranks right up there (or might even surpass) kashmir stage band--i'm serious--it's that good!

• Just picked up one record this week, but I've been on the look out for it for a minute:

Cosmic Twins - Waterbearers

12"s that you can't read--one is a biz markie 12" on cold chillin' for mudfoot/something for the radio and dynamix II-- don't touch that dial. both promos.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    fleas/thrifts 25 cents to 1 dollar each:

that is ana y jaime. mega raer colombian psych/beat/pop/fuzz whatever. it's pretty good. also has gone for major cash!--
    http://popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4726147191

and this gem i unearthed...

it's an elementary stage band from jersey back in the 70s. never heard one this good--and i've heard many stage band records--it's heavy on the funk. so heavy on the funk with tons of breaks on almost every track! incredible! ranks right up there (or might even surpass) kashmir stage band--i'm serious--it's that good!

Any music on the "Drug Abuse" LP???

• fleas/thrifts 25 cents to 1 dollar each:

Is the Cymande rinked?

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    Art Tatum/Zutty "Battle of Jazz" Brunswick 10"
    (Quite nice if you dig early boogie woogie jazz. Anyone know what
    these sell for?)

Los Magneticos st LP
    (Looks like a dope cuban funk record. Instead it's crazy 80's rock. One tune is labelled as tekno pop!??)

rockadelic--no, no music on the drug abuse lp. all just spoken testimonies from a guy on his days of heavy druggin'.
    good for samples perhaps though and a thoroughly weird listen.

neverenough-- no--not rinked--it's in vg shape (though to some more anal types i guess vg is rinked). better than one of my other copies--but not as good as the euro press i found. all of my copies have been found at thrifts. finding a minty by cymande is def. hard. everyone loved them and played them a lot at parties i'd imagine.

• neverenough-- no--not rinked--it's in vg shape (though to some more anal types i guess vg is rinked). better than one of my other copies--but not as good as the euro press i found. all of my copies have been found at thrifts. finding a minty by cymande is def. hard. everyone loved them and played them a lot at parties i'd imagine.

Strangely enough, I've found a bunch of copies that have been in horrible condition except for "Bra". It's always puzzling to me, despite the fact that this album is so much more than just "Bra".

• damn dakar, youre putting in work or you live near the most magic thrift stores ever. check your pms

best find was a mint j-rock streetwize LP in a clothes consignment shop near my house. and some other random hiphop joints.

• Seriously, you could hit thrifts and fleas regularly for months in the East Bay to come up with what Dakar finds in one weekend wherever he is.

• Not the only find but an interesting record that I was surprised to find myself really enjoying:

The Dig Spot?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• weekend finds:

lp's
    ramsey lewis: funky serenity / upendo ni pamoja 2lp (pic shows as seperate though)
    ramsey lewis: them changes
    joe simon: drowning in the sea of love
    supremes: more hits by the supremes
    intruders: greatest hits (gamble)
    pharoah sanders with the latin jazz quintet: spotlight on (up front)
    esquires: get on up and get away (bunky) real clean copy, but top seam is split all the way across...

...spent too much cash on these, but it was fun nontheless.

• my extra christmas money allowed me to dig up
    Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    finally a copy in decent shape

both sides are good but this song in particular is especially

I love this label, real gritty stuff

and the kicker

og like what!!!!!!!

• jd blackfoot - ultimate prophecy lp got a couple hard ass psych tunes for $.50
    and something called storyville jazz band this any good? haven't played it yet. and couple other little things for resale

• middle lp is some hot christian moder soul shit called rev. hubert powell & the gospel truth from 82 out of Philly on sweet-rain label featuring a lot of help from some sugar hill house band cats (skip mcdonald, doug winbush & cecil powell)

shit is double qtr pounder super sized with a diet fucking coke nice. never spotted another one and google is stumped

weldon irvine regrettable cover shape but i kill for don blackman joints (top & bottom seams split- i dig my careful tape job though, barely noticeable)

society of seven are just a bunch of creepy looking doofuses who threw a couple nice breaks in between some really bad cruise liner style gilbert o sullivan covers

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I went to a guy's house cause he said he wanted to give me some speakers.

As I was leaving he pointed to a crate of records sitting in his garrage and said he was gonna chuck them out - he told me I could take what I wanted.

Amongst some ok disco and funk stuff was an original pressing of this:

Approximate total cost: $0

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    rockadelic--no, no music on the drug abuse lp. all just spoken testimonies from a guy on his days of heavy druggin'.

good for samples perhaps though and a thoroughly weird listen.

Good scores! I live pretty close to berlin got keep my eyes open for that one.

I went to the Giants / Chiefs game and hit up one of my outdoor spots late. Pickins were slim. Got some scores on the cheap.

Ian Dury - reasons to be cheerful/jit me with your rhythm stick (stiff 12")

Blowfly - fresh juice (oops - record kind of beat up still bought it)

kraftwork - trans europe express (capital)

jackson 5 - third album (motown)

ll cool j - radio (def jam)

malcolm mclaren - buffalo girls (island)

herb albert - rise (a&m 12")

war - youngblood (UA)

deee-lite - groove is in the heart (elektra)

cj&co. - devils gun (westbound)

bootsy's rubber band - this boot is made for funkin (WB)

and...

Oh yea I had this waiting for me when I got home

• this crappy computer won't display pictures so i can't see what anyone else got until i go to my weekday job...

i got-
    -
    -Obo Addy- Kukrudu (Avocet)

Went to school with OBO's son, Alex. Saw his father's Afro-Funk group many times growing up. Sick.

this in Portland? do you know if OBO's still around, doin his thing? I wasn't expecting this record to be quite so good- it's

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    this crappy computer won't display pictures so i can't see what anyone else got until i go to my weekday job...

i got-

-

-Obo Addy- Kukrudu (Avocet)

Went to school with OBO's son, Alex. Saw his father's Afro-Funk group many times growing up. Sick.

this in Portland? do you know if OBO's still around, doin his thing? I wasn't expecting this record to be quite so good- it's

Obo is still around. He plays infrequently with his troops Okropong/Kukrudu. Okropong plays trad African and features dancers. Kukrudu is his afro-beat band. Usually he plays a split show. Currently, he is teaching at Lewis and Clark College. Obo has been playing in the schools for close to 25 years. I first saw him drum in 7th grade at Harriet Tubman Middle School circa 1981. Truly, he is a master drummer.

Okropong[/b]

Obo has that shaman thing going where he can just take over a given setting. Several years ago, he was hired by some podunk school to teach drumming and just blew everyone's minds. Obo comes from a very famous musical family in Ghana and is steeped in very old ways of teaching. He applied this rigor and wisdom to these redneck kids with amazing results. Teachers reported that in Obo's wake behavior problems just stopped, the students' ability to concentrate rose steeply and the atmosphere of the school lightened considerably.

Obo on talking drum[/b]

My favorite time seeing Obo was at a friend's farm in Wilsonville, right on the Willamette river. Kukrudu played for several hours while we swam and ate barbeque. Sadly, his recordings do not reflect the power of his live show. African-American is his best release. I've told the guys from Antibalas that they need to get with this dude when they come to town cause he would smoke their asses. All for their own benefit.

For more on Obo hit up oboaddy.com

• Finally.

This one has made me adjust my opinion about ms Coltrane; beautiful stuff

spare, holler.

minted up, other one is for trade

NM- jay!

Broke now

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

This one has made me adjust my opinion about ms Coltrane; beautiful stuff

have you heard her first two trio lps?

• How is this...I've passed this up a couple of time. Also I just picked this one up on ebay Cal Tjader Soul Sauce a timeless classic.

• How is this...I've passed this up a couple of time.

Pick it up! It's no "acid" or "hard hands", but still a very good Barretto lp.

• 2 copies of this came in the mail from Canada today.The douche-bag sent them wrapped in paper.No box,no envelope,no padding or extra cardbord.He just covered them up,addressed it and sent it.I couldn't freaking believe it.Of course the corners are scuffed and top seams totally split.I can't believe the vinyl survived unscathed...what a fucker!

• How is this...I've passed this up a couple of time.

Pick it up! It's no "acid" or "hard hands", but still a very good Barretto lp.

It has two strong latin funk tracks: "Power" and "right on".

• tuff gong-
    do you have a spare of Roy Ayers "Vibrations" to part with? especially if it's a clean cover but beat lp? i have a mint lp but no cover. i tried to pm you but you aren't accepting pms.

Nothing Earth-shattering but this was the first time I've gone out looking for records in probably 2 months. Being broke is a mother:

Melvin Van Peebles - Sweet Sweetback's Baaadassss Song
    Roy Ayers Ubiquity - Vibrations [/b](I swear I have like 3 copies of this already but can't resist buying any copy I find)
    Joe Turner And His Blues Kings - Flip Flop And Fly 78 rpm
    Les McCann - Invitation To Openness
    Zapp - Zapp II
    Roger - The Many Facets Of Roger [/b] (both the Zapp and Roger albums were super clean...seems like I run across Zapp albums a lot but they're *always* beat to shit)