"Maaaaaan, Primo made the beat with water drops."

Whoa!

The Gods Must Be Crazy.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    STOP THE HATT plaese

This shit is classic material. I could care less about his verbal thesarus filled wizardry. Delivery and beats are cool with me.

The End.

I, leap over lies in a single bound (Who are you?)
    The Black Prophet
    One day I got struck by Knowledge of Self
    It gave me super-scientifical powers
    Now I, run through the ghetto
    Battlin my, arch nemesis Mr. Ignorance
    He's been tryin to take me out since the days of my youth
    He feared this day would come
    I'm hot on his trail, but sometimes he slips away
    Because he has an army, they always give me trouble
    Mainly - Hatred, Jealousy and Envy they attack me
    They think they got me
    But I use my super-science and I twist all three
    I see sparks over that buildin - they're shootin at me
    I dip, do a backflip
    Then hit em in the heart with sharp steel bookmarks
    Ignorance hates when I drop it
    But no matter, what he do.. he can't stop the Prophet

The Video was

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    STOP THE HATT plaese

This shit is classic material. I could care less about his verbal thesarus filled wizardry. Delivery and beats are cool with me.

The End.

"mental stamina" was the beginning of the end for rap.

"after this there's no turnin back, fu!"...damn right.

btw the first afu-ra album was crap besides "whirlwind" and "d&d soundclash," which I don't even think was on there.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    STOP THE HATT plaese

The End.

Co-sign.................better than Illmatic.

Oh damn, watch out you offended all the Illmatic 5 mic faitful.

• STOP THE HATT plaese

The End.

Yo seriously, why are people not allowed to have their own tastes? Someone says they don't like a record and everyone gets their pussies all hurt. Nobody has to accept someone else's taste, I don't care if you're a 40 year old hip-hop pioneer or a 30 year old rapresenter or a 20 year old Timmy.

I'm fucking sick of that shit, for real. You like what you like, I'll like what I like. I'm not gonna front - I bumped the hell out of sun rises. Revisiting it, I really can't fuck with jeru (as an MC) at all. sorry if that upsets you.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    STOP THE HATT plaese

The End.

They think they got me
    I dip, do a backflip

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    STOP THE HATT plaese

The End.

Yo seriously, why are people not allowed to have their own tastes? Someone says they don't like a record and everyone gets their pussies all hurt. Nobody has to accept someone else's taste, I don't care if you're a 40 year old hip-hop pioneer or a 30 year old rapresenter or a 20 year old Timmy.

I'm fucking sick of that shit, for real. You like what you like, I'll like what I like. I'm not gonna front - I bumped the hell out of sun rises. Revisiting it, I really can't fuck with jeru (as an MC) at all. sorry if that upsets you.

Yo, who's the one getting pussy hurt? WE'RE TALKING ABOUT FUCKING JERU!

Dude, this:

This shit is classic material. I could care less about his verbal thesarus filled wizardry. Delivery and beats are cool with me.[/b]

is my opinion. I'm not telling you to like the shit, I'm just saying why I do.

Whats the fuck?

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    its in threads like these i will miss phill most the most............... mayday mayday... come back!!

• Suspended in Time= I can definetly fuck with
    What about that one joint on the group home album, where it was "the remix" with some real dope piano samples?

Jeru, another classic, I would always get waaaaaaaaay hyped when that "perverted monks them" beat would come in. Imagine a fat-as-fuck teenage version of me with some phony source inspiried hip-hop garb rocking back and forth uncontrollably while on the bus. (yeah yeah I know )

• well you're telling me to stop the hatt. them's fightin words!!!

As a soulstrut top hatter, I reserve the right to hatt.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    Deadly like a rattle snake But I don't rattle

best line on the album, bar none. Can't believe nobody has mentioned it yet.

• oh shit, speaking abotu Group Home. What you dudes know about "east ny theory". I can't believe Lil' Dap made that beat, fucking beautifull.

I remember my boy got two copies from the Amoeba Dollar Bin and generously laced me with me a copy.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    STOP THE HATT plaese

The End.

Yo, who's the one getting pussy hurt? WE'RE TALKING ABOUT FUCKING JERU!

Dude, this:

This shit is classic material. I could care less about his verbal thesarus filled wizardry. Delivery and beats are cool with me.[/b]

is my opinion. I'm not telling you to like the shit, I'm just saying why I do.

Whats the fuck?

Everyone Hattes on people's musical tastes. That's part of being a big baller shot caller digger king. Jonny will go against his statement very soon.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    well you're telling me to stop the hatt. them's fightin words!!!

As a soulstrut top hatter, I reserve the right to hatt.

• oh shit, speaking abotu Group Home. What you dudes know about "east ny theory". I can't believe Lil' Dap made that beat, fucking beautifull.

love that beat. dap shoulda stayed behind the boards. he may have been on to something.

• I'm feelin these cats as MC's, from the standpoint that they take complex street themes and break them down to a seemingly simple, kick snare flow and get the emotional content across. This is some straight up Hip-hop shit. I'll break it down like this, these cats ain't theory they are street. You can feel the emotion when these cats come with it. I mean its all heart with them. With lyrics like "so much anger built inside /don't stop to say hi / motherfucker just die /" you gonna feel that shit. Lets face it Premier is hip hop on that guts level. This album got his signature feeling all over it.
    I'll put it like this an MC is effective on many diffrent levels. Some main things, as far as what, could include; style, voice, crowd control, delivery, emotion, ect... Being the more levels that the MC can connect with their audience the more effective he/she is. Those Group Home cats be hittin on that emotional level. I mean they def ain't on some project blowed styles by any means, but they hit you with that straight up feeling in the pit of your stomach shit.

Try again.

"Hitting you with that straight up feeling" is what 'Pac did.

These dudes, by contrast, are just plain bad.

Well I think you could say that both Group Home and Pac were MC's that connected on an emotional level. Don't front. But go back to what I said about the more levels an MC connects with their audience the more effective they are. Pac had mastery on more levels. Let's not forget that Pac was a highly educated individual and he himself has said something to the effect that I didn't have a record(criminal) until I had a record(music release). Pac had heart and understood the street, but don't forget that he also went to private school. I personally think Pac would be able to relate to them Group Home cats, and intellectual enough to tell you to your face your full of shit on this one. But your comin from a whole diffrent area tryin to pull PAC into this. To relate it to something, Pac is like a raer wine, group home is like an old E 40oz. Can't you like both? Pac would've.

All around the world it's the Same Song.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Oh hell no you didn't.

Do not turn this into a 2Pac appreciation thread.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    STOP THE HATT plaese

The End.

I totally agree and

Is UNFUCKWITABLE also.

• STOP THE HATT plaese

The End.

This is Day you're talking to, not some chump.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    I really can't fuck with jeru (as an MC) at all.

* crickets chirping *

• Oh hell no you didn't.

Do not turn this into a 2Pac appreciation thread.

I didn't bring Pac into this. You can thank Faux for that.
    Try again.

"Hitting you with that straight up feeling" is what 'Pac did.

These dudes, by contrast, are just plain bad.
    note first mention of Pac in this thread was faux.

• STOP THE HATT plaese

The End.

This is Day you're talking to, not some chump.

[oh no he di'int!] You're right, if I was gonna address you I would've started with "Mi yout!" [/oh no he di'int!]

Me and Day are cool, neither disrespect nor fellation.

• STOP THE HATT plaese

The End.

I, leap over lies in a single bound (Who are you?)
    The Black Prophet
    One day I got struck by Knowledge of Self
    It gave me super-scientifical powers
    Now I, run through the ghetto
    They think they got me
    I dip, do a backflip

the first time i heard that song i was cracking up because some of the lines were fucking hilarious. "Oh no, they hit me with a dart filled with the pork chop serum!" "the bullshit" is also pretty funny.

i haven't listened to it super close but isn't dude's verse in "return of the crooklyn dodgers" pretty ill too?

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I'm still waiting for Trew to explain to me why Malachi was a misunderstood genius as opposed to a short bus rapper.

But for real: the beats on Group Home cannot be fucked with but it takes mental stamina to tune out the Nutcracker.

• it takes mental stamina to tune out the Nutcracker.

damn dude that was really clever

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    I'm still waiting for Trew to explain to me why Malachi was a misunderstood genius as opposed to a short bus rapper.

ha! it's a fine line doggie.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Not until we find out how dropping out of a performing arts high school rendered 'Pac "a highly educated individual."

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

i'm still waiting for you to explain this:

2. Snoop - Doggystyle
    13. GZA - Liquid Swords
    15. Geto Boys - Ressurection
    17. Ice Cube - AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted
    24. DJ Quik - Way 2 Fonky

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    "the remix" with some real dope piano samples?
    up against the wall-remix...one of my favorite beats on the lp. so amazing!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I really can't fuck with jeru (as an MC) at all.

* crickets chirping *

I cant really either. Get these crickets out of here. I used to like him, up til wrath of the math. But now I crack up whenever I hear that super scientifical bit. I still like come clean, and alot of the beats were top notch, but his delivery = ASS.