My Humps Gets the Lump Lump

Comments

• Your 2,114 posts.
    high post count = taste?

naw, as in I've read your posts and they rep that "LADY LUMP" aesthetic.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    dude

• I'm still confused dude. Is it b/c I like Gwen, an artist who actually releases cool music, Is it because I am straight and like tits and ass. is it b/c you are an ass? later, I'm leavin' work early and I sure as shit don't spend my own time on here...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    dude

• I'm still confused dude. Is it b/c I like Gwen, an artist who actually releases cool music, Is it because I am straight and like tits and ass[/b]. is it b/c you are an ass? later, I'm leavin' work early and I sure as shit don't spend my own time on here...

• I like Gwen, an artist who actually releases cool music
    '

There's a location up for grabs, people

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    i still have no heard this song and have no desire to do so. i imagine the holiday party season will make it unavoidable for me tho...

• but can we get back to the real question here....is R. Kelly calling her and saying "YO, I GOT NEXT!"?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    even though laffy taffy is more explicit and 'adult' and debatable in its depiction of women - the BEP song is far more gross to me. i have no academic reasons for it - purely gut reaction.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

why did lyndsay lohan wipe her snootch on juelz santana?[/b]

snootch...

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    I'll take this any day over "Let's Get Retarded" or "Don't Phunk With My Heart."

=

I'll take AIDS any day over cancer.

Um, no. It means that at my job, those other songs are just a little too crossover for me, while "Humps" can fit into a set a little easier 'cause of that "Freak" synth line and work without being nauseating. And that is my personal opinion, I'm not trying to be objective here.

Sheesh. I wasn't attacking your taste, simply stating that I think it's pretty ridiculous to state which awful BEP songs we like slightly more than the others. Lighten up.

By the way, resorting to petty insults like "record boy" is a totally convincing way of making an argument.

Young Phonics, as per usual, is so off-base he's not even worth responding to.

-e

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Urrrsssssssss,

I disagree: I think the two songs share a lot in common even if they're coming from two different cultural spaces (though intermingling in the same club and radio spaces).

Both songs have candy ass beats and some truly inane lyricism. And I like both for the same reason: they're great pop songs.

i cringe a little every time i play this, but there is no denying that girls shake their asses to it. that's basically the bottom line.

If you are a dj who refuses to play this song, what are your thoughts on

apples and oranges

I don't buy the "great pop songs" thing. They're both hits, yes, but that ain't necessarily the same thing as a "great pop song". Both "Laffy Taffy" and "My Humps" are dumb records. The difference is that the latter hits "dumb" and keeps going all the way on through to "infantile".

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Most, you're such a dick.

And for the record, I think both of these songs are fucking garbage, club/radio or whatever. I couldn't bring myself to play LADY BUMPS. I went on hiatus from DJing right when the song dropped.

yay.

Shit like this is so bad it lowers the bar for what's acceptable in music.

Seriously.

• Shit like this is so bad it lowers the bar for what's acceptable in music.

Seriously.

I agree with this here. I'm in Japan, and on my way to work, I often listen to the fucking god awful EAGLE 810, the US Armed Forces radio station in Japan (to get a taste of what I'm missing back home, and because I only have a radio, and Japanese radio is the pits)...

I couldn't fucking believe my ears when I heard this shit...

Bumps? Humps?!

This is what passes as sexy nowadays? Shit like this gets on the radio?

Peace...
    FNM

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    I'll take this any day over "Let's Get Retarded" or "Don't Phunk With My Heart."

=

I'll take AIDS any day over cancer.

Um, no. It means that at my job, those other songs are just a little too crossover for me, while "Humps" can fit into a set a little easier 'cause of that "Freak" synth line and work without being nauseating. And that is my personal opinion, I'm not trying to be objective here.

Sheesh. I wasn't attacking your taste, simply stating that I think it's pretty ridiculous to state which awful BEP songs we like slightly more than the others. Lighten up.

By the way, resorting to petty insults like "record boy" is a totally convincing way of making an argument.

Young Phonics, as per usual, is so off-base he's not even worth responding to.

-e

If I could edit this I would... Ignore it. I was being moody. No need for all this ish-talking. I apologize.

I think the BEP is the corniest of corn. End of story.

-e

• I posted this to my blog back in October. Does she know the definition of Hump and Lump? Now if they had worked Rump in there somewhere they could have had a modern Baby Got Back.

I swear if I ever catch anyone buying a Black Eyed Peas album, I will punch them in the grill. Next time they release and album, I will go to Best Buy, stand by the register and chin check anyone buying BEP.

I'm gonna get-get-get-get you drunk
    Get you love drunk off my hump
    My hump
    My hump
    My hump
    My hump
    My hump
    My hump
    My hump
    My hump
    My lovely little lumps...

Does she know the definition of "hump" and "lump"? Let me define those terms for you.

hump (hmp)
    n.

1. A rounded mass or protuberance, such as the fleshy structure on the back of a camel or of some cattle.
    2. A deformity of the back in humans caused by an abnormal convex curvature of the upper spine.
    lump (lmp)
    n.

An irregularly shaped mass or piece.
    Niether of these sound appealing. What is she a sexy hunchback (see poorly photo-shopped example)? I am not easily offended, but this song offends me. How can someone be so fucking stupid.

Let's see examples of other lines from this song.

Will.I.Am verse:
    I met a girl down at the disco
    She said "Hey, hey, hey you let's go
    I could be your baby, you can be my honey
    Let's spend time, not money
    And mix your milk with my coco puffs
    Milky, milky coco
    Mix your milk with my coco puffs
    Milky, milky riiiiiggght....

Fergie verse...
    They say I'm really sexy
    The boys all want to sex me
    They always standing next to me
    Always dancing next to me
    Tryin' to feel my hump, hump
    Lookin' at my lump, lump
    You can look
    But chu can't touch it...

You know if I saw a chick with a hunchback at the club, I might look. I can assure you Fergie, I would not touch your hunchback.

Of course this is the same group that had a song that was called Let's Get Retarded. It looks like they have.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Kirstey Alley, back on the make.

• I'm not sure...what are really bad breast implants going for these days???

• i'm sorry but i think this song is absolutely vile

• Not that anyone cares about my weigh in at this point, but I'm of two different minds on this one. One the one hand, my serious distaste for anything Peas coupled with a lyric which genuinely turns my stomach (lady lumps seriously sounds like a deformity); and on the other hand that terrible off key two note imitation Michel'le whine I somehow find inexplicably irresistable. "Don't pull on my hand boy/ You ain't my man, boy," I don't know, that shit plays tricks on the brain.
    What it adds up to though is the only BEP song I own or would even consider playing out. Hate me? (or just ignore me).

• I swear if I ever catch anyone buying a Black Eyed Peas album, I will punch them in the grill. Next time they release and album, I will go to Best Buy, stand by the register and chin check anyone buying BEP.

word. anyone buying "lady lumps" needs a visit by charlie lump lump.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    By the way, resorting to utterly tasteless metaphors comparing cancer to AIDS is a totally convincing way of making an argument.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    I swear if I ever catch anyone buying a Black Eyed Peas album, I will punch them in the grill. Next time they release and album, I will go to Best Buy, stand by the register and chin check anyone buying BEP.

word. anyone buying "lady lumps" needs a visit by charlie lump lump.

Damn B*n, you had the chance when you saw me dog, what happened? haha, nah but seriously, alls I'm saying is that at some of my jobs[/b], it just sorta makes sense. I'm not in love with the song, but I'm not mad at it either. Some of these dudes that go on before or after me will play fucking anything, I mean anything. So in my eyes, fitting this one in once in awhile is still miles away from like, I don't know, Daft Punk or something like that.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I'm not in love with the song, but I'm not mad at it either. Some of these dudes that go on before or after me will play fucking anything, I mean anything. So in my eyes, fitting this one in once in awhile is still miles away from like, I don't know, Daft Punk or something like that.

You seriously lost me here dude. Daft Punk is loads more classy and musically good than BEP... no question.

Your set is looking real right now

• I like Daft Punk...

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Oliver:

My Humps is not only insanely stupid as noted before, it also bites the fuck out of Milkshake and I Like the Way You Move, among other songs. It is the lowest common denominator of pop/hip-hop in 2005 and sounds like it was written in the conference room of a marketing company. When I hear it, I want to tear my radio out of the dashboard and throw it out the window.

Laffy Taffy is dumb, I agree, but I like lots of dumb music and movies. Smartness is not my criteria for liking art. D4L's production is raw as hell, not slick like BEP. These two songs sound COMPLETELY different. Like I said in my Turntable Lab review,

"'Laffy Taffy' is some weird shit. Besides the soldier-ish drum roll, it sounds like the track was made on a Commodore 64 with a busted spring. Seriously at what point did rappers from Atlanta start tailoring their records for Radio Clit? Glitch in the strip club = next level."

Thus, apples and oranges.

• I'm not in love with the song, but I'm not mad at it either. Some of these dudes that go on before or after me will play fucking anything, I mean anything. So in my eyes, fitting this one in once in awhile is still miles away from like, I don't know, Daft Punk or something like that.

You seriously lost me here dude. Daft Punk is loads more classy and musically good than BEP... no question.

Cosign.

Daftpunk is the shit. If I heard that, I'd order a drink. If I heard Humps I would leave. Immediately.

Nat, I like you and you're a good DJ but in my world that song will not only clear the floor, but clear the club.

• Daftpunk is the shit.
    hey! Look, we agree on something...