My Humps Gets the Lump Lump

Comments

• This seriously might be the worst song in the history of all music.

double cosign. I've never heard I song that I couldn't stand...until "my humps"

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

People in general don't want music that is clever, intellectual, or makes them think at all. He and I have this theory that musicians in general are trying too hard and should just dumb it down a few notches if they want to make a hit.

duh, things have been this way forEVER. foorrevverr.

besides that, name me a song that is intellectual. mos def? phillip glass?

• People in general don't want music that is clever, intellectual, or makes them think at all. He and I have this theory that musicians in general are trying too hard and should just dumb it down a few notches if they want to make a hit.

Are those the only two choices?

• nessness 249 Posts
    SHAKE THAT LAFFY TAFFY THAT LAFFY TAFFY SHAKE THAT LAFFY TAFFY THAT LAFFY TAFFY

People in general don't want music that is clever, intellectual, or makes them think at all. He and I have this theory that musicians in general are trying too hard and should just dumb it down a few notches if they want to make a hit.

Are those the only two choices?

those or dido

• This thread is make me laughing

earthy, post-Benetton aesthetic

the most successful unsolicited single in history

I can remember way back when I liked BEP.

I think the two songs share a lot in common even if they're coming from two different cultural spaces (though intermingling in the same club and radio spaces).

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

same site also poses the question:
    why did lyndsay lohan wipe her snootch on juelz santana?[/b]
    http://graffitithewritingsonthewall.blogspirit.com/archive/2005/12/06/why-did-lyndsay-lohan-wipe-her-snootch-on-juelz-santana.html

I saw this on Leno after Juelz's performance. Hope he got some, she was dancing while he rapped the whistle song.

i figured the answer has something to do with the fact that she was high as hell that night. I think Jay could a hit that if he tried.

her whole steez in general is so

her whole steez in general is so

MYlohantency, are you gonna stand for this?

• I'm waiting for Emynd and Karlito to defend BEP's virtue.

• "Why must you believe something is fat just because its played on the radio 20 times per day?"

Seriously people, to even debate the merits of this song is to surrender to corporate mind control.

If this song had been made as a joke by a 6th grader in a talent show you would have laughed and moved on.

Now that the media has drilled this song into our heads we're supposed to stop and write about it?

Dead this thread.

its a successful pop[/b] song with a decent pop[/b] beat.
    i don't see it as being much different from older madonna (with one really annoying rap verse).

this is not the end of the world as you know it

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    I'm waiting for Emynd and Karlito to defend BEP's virtue.

Are you kidding? I hate BEP.

-e

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

I disagree: I think the two songs share a lot in common even if they're coming from two different cultural spaces (though intermingling in the same club and radio spaces).

You gloss over the "two different cultural spaces" bit as if it's not important to how each of the song functions and, in turn, how succesful they are.

-e

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    As a working DJ I am often confronted with whether or not to purchase certain songs. This one I have always been able to tolerate enough (and the Lil Jon remix) to fit in in between "I Need A Freak" and like maybe "Nasty Girls" or some shit. It's the first thing they've put out that I can fuck with. I'll take this any day over "Let's Get Retarded" or "Don't Phunk With My Heart."

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Whilst by absolutely no means my favorite band, they've done a few songs over the years that i've liked:

Joints & Jam
    Weekends
    They Don't Want Music (with James Brown)
    BEP Empire (produced by Premier)

Their lyrics ARE awful, but these songs are still cool with me...

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    I'll take this any day over "Let's Get Retarded" or "Don't Phunk With My Heart."

=

I'll take AIDS any day over cancer.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    By the way, I aint ashamed to admit that I do actually like the song "Weekends."

The rest of the BEP output has been pretty shameful though.

-e

I'll take this any day over "Let's Get Retarded" or "Don't Phunk With My Heart."

=

= wrong on many levels

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    SHAKE THAT LAFFY TAFFY THAT LAFFY TAFFY SHAKE THAT LAFFY TAFFY THAT LAFFY TAFFY

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

I disagree: I think the two songs share a lot in common even if they're coming from two different cultural spaces (though intermingling in the same club and radio spaces).

You gloss over the "two different cultural spaces" bit as if it's not important to how each of the song functions and, in turn, how succesful they are.

-e

I'm not saying they're identical songs but I think it's fair to say that both have (and I said this before): candy ass beats and simple-minded lyrics. I will say, however:

1) "Laffy taffy" is a far, far, far, far, far, far better metaphor than "my humps" which, as Hua notes, isn't a metaphor at all but is all too literal.

2) Ostensibly, "My Humps" is for drunk club girls, "Laffy Taffy" for stripper pole dancing but in the spaces where they cross into each other, I'd suggest that the songs don't differ much at all. Would you hear "My Humps" at some gully St. Louis basement party? No. Would you hear "Laffy Taffy" at the Orinda Junior High school dance? Probably not. But if I was at some garden variety nightclub in SF or NY and both songs came on, it'd spur pretty similar reactions (and derision if folks are so inclined). They're bad in similar ways even if they are not similar songs in terms of where they come from and who they're meant for.

=

Um, no. It means that at my job, those other songs are just a little too crossover for me, while "Humps" can fit into a set a little easier 'cause of that "Freak" synth line and work without being nauseating. And that is my personal opinion, I'm not trying to be objective here.

• I'll take this any day over "Let's Get Retarded" or "Don't Phunk With My Heart."

=

Um, no. It means that at my job, those other songs are just a little too crossover for me, while "Humps" can fit into a set a little easier 'cause of that "Freak" synth line and work without being nauseating. And that is my personal opinion, I'm not trying to be objective here.

dude...dude......You think Eymnd doesn't understand the dj game? He wrote the directions playbwoy!

Ain't he Cosmo's record boy or something?

• both Laffy Taffy and the BEP shit is weird pop drivel. Weird like, why does my lady like these? The new JEEZY isnt so bad except for the part where the dude who sounds kinda like C-Lo goes "I got my dick in my draws.....blah blah blah....cuz I'm a rider [yeeeeeeaaaaaaah]

this aint a rap song.

this is my life.

UHM...What makes you think I would like BEP? This is definaetly a "you don't know me" moment...

• The new JEEZY
    what song are we talking about here? is it off the album?

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    both Laffy Taffy and the BEP shit is weird pop drivel. Weird like, why does my lady like these? The new JEEZY isnt so bad except for the part where the dude who sounds kinda like C-Lo goes "I got my dick in my draws.....blah blah blah....cuz I'm a rider [yeeeeeeaaaaaaah]

this aint a rap song.

this is my life.

Woah. Wait a minute. This 'new Jeezy' yawl speak of is "Soul Survivor"???

That song was played out months ago... almost definitely the most played song of the year on our local 'jamz' station...

Why the hell didn't "Go Crazy" ever take off?? Is this "Humps" shit (which I've never heard) to blame???

UHM...What makes you think I would like BEP?

Your 2,114 posts.

• Your 2,114 posts.
    high post count = taste?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    both Laffy Taffy and the BEP shit is weird pop drivel. Weird like, why does my lady like these? The new JEEZY isnt so bad except for the part where the dude who sounds kinda like C-Lo goes "I got my dick in my draws.....blah blah blah....cuz I'm a rider [yeeeeeeaaaaaaah]

this aint a rap song.

this is my life.

Woah. Wait a minute. This 'new Jeezy' yawl speak of is "Soul Survivor"???

That song was played out months ago... almost definitely the most played song of the year on our local 'jamz' station...

Why the hell didn't "MY HOOD"[/b] ever take off?? Is this "Humps" shit (which I've never heard) to blame???