Salt 45 predictions

Comments

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    i see marcofunk got in the Salt bidding game.

Great collectro in the house.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    i see marcofonk got in the Salt bidding game.

Great collectro in the house.

EBAY MEMBER USER ID HISTORY

marcofonk Aug-26-05 Present

hansuber Aug-26-05 Aug-26-05

hansuber Apr-03-05 Aug-26-05

hcrink May-06-03 Apr-03-05

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• Back around 1997-98, I found an online dealer out of LA. that recently put his inventory online. Called them up and ordered a few 45's. Next day went through the site again paying more attention to the artist.. Yup, there was Salt for something like $7 or $15, can't recall for certain. I immediately called them back to add this to my order. Kind lady taking phone orders told me some fella from the UK ordered it that morning. I should've made an offer for more, but figured it would've been useless. After hanging up the phone...vulgarities flew wild and rampant the rest of the day. Now I see this copy...and my mind wonders.

Whom ever ordered that 45...identify yourself..I need closure

• identify yourself..I need closure

A certain UK dealer with a doctorate and the handle, "Rookie."

• identify yourself..I need closure

A certain UK dealer with a doctorate and the handle, "Rookie."

ahhh haaaa

On that fateful morning his handle was flying cunt focker. I'm sure he'll be amused learning of his fortunate moment with fate. A toast to the eagle eye!

• One thing is for certain, the Japanese cat selling it owes a debt of gratitude to this site...

• rpmrpm 144 Posts
    i'm sayin.
    she got beats too.

• i'm sayin.
    she got beats too.

If Rookie is she, I'm lower my head in shame as a result of my careless asumption.

• One thing is for certain, the Japanese cat selling it owes a debt of gratitude to this site...

Don't we all, and to each other. Happy Holidays!

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    One thing is for certain, the Japanese cat selling it owes a debt of gratitude to this site...

I dunno, half of us have been shittalking this thing pretty bad. And about a quarter of the rest think its good but not great.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    ePeek sez: all you bidders are getting closer.

Me? I'm not touching THAT reserve.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Wow, Marco got outbid, I was sure that auction was over... but I'm saying what could the reserve be? I'll check epeek...

epeek says

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    One thing is for certain, the Japanese cat selling it owes a debt of gratitude to this site...

I don't know if such self-wankery is really justified here. But then again, if "The Phantom" is selling for $170, fuck do I know about the Strut Effect???

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Well, several folks who've posted in this thread have placed ("joke"?) bids, so a variation on the Strut effect is quite tangible in this case...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Well, several folks who've posted in this thread have placed ("joke"?) bids, so a variation on the Strut effect is quite tangible in this case...
    hey now. i was good for that bid.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

I don't know if such self-wankery is really justified here. But then again, if "The Phantom" is selling for $170, fuck do I know about the Strut Effect???

SoulStrut has absolutely zero effect on the deep funk market. Nobody serious enough about funk 45s to place a bid with a realistic chance of winning would ever come to soulstrut to find out what's hot. Besides craigmoerer, bam219 has been probably the most consistent seller of obscenely rare funk 45's of the past few months (Soul Swingers, Wallace Brothers, Soul Chargers, etc.), so it's not like the auction would have slipped through the cracks. Soulstrut may have gotten the page a few hundred extra hits, but I seriously doubt it's attracted any potential buyers. The winner of the Salt 45 was probably decided within an hour of the auction's listing, now it's just a matter of how high he/she'll be pushed.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I forwarded the Ebay listing to my friend and he had the following to say which cracked me up:

I like how the top bidder is named: "The_Average_man".

What kind of Average man is spending $2,280.00 on a 45?

• yeah, I have heard from Ira Ponderosa Stomp it isnt even a NO record...

as far as Salt being a white band name...Nigeria's Blo were called Salt at one time, so I dont know if that is a clue to their pallor.

• salt

blo

• Did anybody bid just to get their name up? You'ld be hurting if you ended up with the last bid, unless you were a .

• Oh, never mind. i just read a few posts up. :|

• Options
    Did anybody bid just to get their name up? You'ld be hurting if you ended up with the last bid, unless you were a .

What if he has multiples, will Dan accept the $1700 Buy it Now/Tuition It Later?

K.

• I forwarded the Ebay listing to my friend and he had the following to say which cracked me up:

But it's in the FUNK LEXICON!!!!

• I forwarded the Ebay listing to my friend and he had the following to say which cracked me up:

But it's in the FUNK LEXICON!!!!

oh shit

GRAEMLIN PLAESE!!!!!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    [color:red]Paypal (+5% of total for fee)[/b][/color]

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    Speculation on another board at the minute that the reserve could be as high as $3,000.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    looks like a simple 'entered wrong amount' bid rectraction gave up the reserve.

the real question is who will win it?

the only serious funk45 collectros who will break out the 'brave wallett' for such a huge single item purchase probably either have it, or don't care...

---

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    hey now. i was good for that bid.

You're not talking about me are you? I'm a serious collectro!

• Hey! Wha' appen?