Room pics (once again)

Comments

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    My room has changed enough since the last time. ProTools is gone, Logic is on the way with a new Apogee converter to feed the API mix to tape. Say word sunny. Dubious: I would like to see your room. My latest baby is the Gefell phantom mic... which has replaced everything in my locker except the 58.

silvertone,
    Nice room. Tell us more about the Gefell, please. What model? Your thoughts? SPL levels, etc. Oh, and please report to the Hitler Mic thread before it gets all GOODWIN'S LAW up in here!

You put your final mixes on 1/2" (or is that a 1/4" machine)? Do you master from tape then? That's what I plan to do with this next project. Tell me about it.

• rpmrpm 144 Posts
    logic f'real???
    finally!!!!!

so i can just send you the sessions in logic for the
    next bully 7" right???

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

good jam record - i like their version of move on up

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    here's my humble set up

• Bambouche: Yeah, the machine (in the corner of the bottom pic) is a MTR 12. I have both headstocks for it (1/2" and 1/4") but I find that is actually sounds better with the 1/4" stock. I will then take that stuff to a SNB (www.snbmastering.com) for mastering... they have a beautiful telefunken all tube 1/4" tranfer console. SNB is an older french room that has done a lot of known quebecois records, and was rumored to be the in-house spot where all the deutch-gramaphone and phillips classical masters were done. Incredible spot, where I am fortunate enough to know the engineer.
    RPMrs: yeah man, finally making the jump. We will see how soon that actually happens, cause the guy I was purchasing it from (fuck spending $1200 on software!) ended up selling it before I got the chance to cop. SO I'm looking to get Logic Pro 7 used.

Dubious: nice loft man!

• ^ That might be the coolest room I've ever seen.

Don??t you sometimes have the feeling of being imprisioned by the records/music ??

Just a thought
    Seb

oh yeah - if i had 3x as much space to spread out in, it would be way way better. As
    it is, its..er.."cozy", and its taken a lot of thought (and sweat, i built all the
    shelves, etc) to maximize the space to where one can just walk around without
    knocking stuff over.

no prison though - ya just slap on a nice LP, crank it up and (try to) play along on
    the drums... and go outside when sunlight is required!

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    we are such dorks

• Hi!

oh yeah - if i had 3x as much space to spread out in, it would be way way better. As
    it is, its..er.."cozy", and its taken a lot of thought (and sweat, i built all the
    shelves, etc) to maximize the space to where one can just walk around without
    knocking stuff over.

Just today I started about moving some stuff to the side and thinking over the right construction for another shelf on top of a shelf (more long table).

I am just thinking over a system to make it as flexible as possible without having the stuff "imprisioning" me. I already thought about some more "ethno" style with bambus (word ?) etc.

I was asking because I have a pretty tiny appartement myself where I have several rooms but all pretty crowded with shelfes and not much space to move.

Fortunately I don??t live there but if I am in more than a couple of hours the "prison" feelings crawl up my soul.

I have to get together records (albums and more 7"s in the future), movies (vhs and super-8), books by all size so a working shelf system is the key to everything.

I have been loving the idea to get a drumset for quite a while but to the day I was not able to have any room for it :-((

Greetings
    Seb

• Yeah, I guess I'm not cool since I've grown out of the thrift-store look...

whatever dude you bought all that shit a target

for real dude looks sweet, is that the couch iam gonna break when i visit?

• As of yesterday:

Dinning meets diggin.

• As of yesterday:

Dinning meets diggin.

Where did you score those trumpet bottom chairs? Very sweet.

• man you guys are some rich motherfuckers. all of you have like $10,000s of equipment and records and other assorted shit.

all i got is a bunch of records and a turntable.

dave

• man you guys are some rich motherfuckers. all of you have like $10,000s of equipment and records and other assorted shit.

all i got is a bunch of records and a turntable.

dave

its hard to believe some folks just like records and listening to them...

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    this was my room before i moved back home (now im just kinda living temporarily in my little brothers old room...just doesnt feel like home)

IMG src=http://www.boomspeed.com/fannywagon/room1.jpg>
    IMG src=http://www.boomspeed.com/fannywagon/room4.jpg>
    IMG src=http://www.boomspeed.com/fannywagon/room2.jpg>
    IMG src=http://www.boomspeed.com/fannywagon/room3.jpg>

• A few things were added and replaced, since the last time I posted some pics. I don't spend nearly as much time in here as I would like to. Hopefully that will change soon.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts

Im a lurker who somehow has 100+ posts. But, this is where I do my duty. Unfortunately I don't have all my records with me while I am living in the apartment that I am in now, just wouldnt work. peace

Edit: Ill paypal someone a dollar if they can guess where I keep my sticky icky at.

• The best DISCO set up i have ever seen.This DJ built it and made the console look like a WET BAR with a SILVER FACE BOZAK and real RLA stuff for you N.Y.C. DISCO cats.

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    panorama styles

note lonely tribe 12" on the wall

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts

its hard to believe some folks just like records and listening to them...

Well, why would you place your right speaker there!?

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

Edit: Ill paypal someone a dollar if they can guess where I keep my sticky icky at.

inside your lamp....HAH

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

C+

What's up?

Bapt

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts

C+

What's up?

Bapt

Not too much Bapt, havent talked to you in forever! You gotta send me the link to your dad's book or any websites his photographs are on.

• Well, why would you place your right speaker there!?

lack of room, it has been changed since that photo

• dope spot man. tryna get some doepfer action of my own... !

• these are always some of the best threads. I love looking at design dudes set ups as much as musicians/DJs. Luckily w/ a lot of these, we get both in one.

• wsup with that rumpelstiltskin lp...extras?

• its hard to believe some folks just like records and listening to them...

Well, why would you place your right speaker there!?

Not sure how everyone gets to set there records Face forward on the shelves like that. I try to be slick and place them that way they end up on the floor the next morning. crazy glue?

• im FBP and i'd like to welcome yall to my crib

here we got my living room complete with pile of crap destined for ebay on the right there.

not just a great record collectro. one of the kaws boards is for sale, pm if interested.

it goes down right here

this is what you see when you walk into my room, please note the scratching post near the bottom.

here you got the bulk of it. i have 3 ivars here. 2 6fts back to back and one 5ft in the front. those plastic zip ties hold it all together. shit is rock solid.door to the bathroom on the right.

here you got my crappy ass computer, receiver, cd player, tape deck and cd burner.another ivar there on the left.

next to the computer you have my akai dps recorder and the turntables.

next to the turntables is another ivar. records everywhere.

well thats it. now get the fuck out.