dropping acid (nrr)

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    bad idea ... i did that once and it caused me a tachycardial attack ... i thought my heart will explose and ended the night at the hospital ...horrible experience
    angeldust has the same effect...

• man, does anyone get that 'flashback' feeling when have these kinds of discussions? Like all of these acid memories keep coming back and you feel a little high? I got that 'acid-gut' feeling just from thinking about it.

I get that taste in my mouth......

Give me the shivers.

seriously, remebering the night I lost my mind through memories of that taste and body sensations, abysses, the world detiorating into digital molecules, darkness. The feeling that I was shutting my body down organ by organ. dont worry folks, you get your mind back, but you just got to put the pieces back together.

• This sounds super boring, but flush the acid down the toilet.
    You don't need that shit in your system. Haven't had any for years, but looking back I wouldn't do it again. One of my best friends went into the looney bin from acid, but he did have a hit a day for a month

If you wanna do something that's intense and exciting, go do some adventure sports or a marathon, much less taxing on the brain and you'll feel good at the end.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    You have answered your own question. If there is ANY doubt in your mind when it comes to acid, dont fuck with it.

yer supposed to convince me dewd

It's a great drug to take when your life is responsibility free.

As you get older the more doubts, tension, and stress in your life exist.

This will get magnified and even the slightest thought and next thing you know you're running into the woods screaming. You don't want to end up like this guy

If you're with a good crew and have plan while you're doing it then give it a shot.

I've probably done it 50 times but it was all between 16-19. If I did it now I'd probably bug out.

I'm all for mushrooms, it's not so self introspective. More of a body high.

Yeah, Nate Bizzo's advice is good. I always had a great time and occasionally a thought-provoking time too. Usually tripping meant going for mad country walks and sitting around trying to roll joints, listening to music and laughing so hard my sides ached afterwards. So long as you are with cool people who you trust it could be fun. You could always do half a tab instead of a one-er. I recommend the great outdoors over the city though. Too many people in town.

And, yeah, I just got that taste in my mouth

• heres what you do:

Start drinking friday. whiskey. smoke tons of pot. then late friday night start with the speed. do tons of meth, do not sleep. continue with the whiskey, pot, and meth straight thru to monday morning making sure you dont sleep at all. then monday morning, drop the acid. "talk about psychotic!"

heres what you do:

Start drinking friday. whiskey. smoke tons of pot. then late friday night start with the speed. do tons of meth, do not sleep. continue with the whiskey, pot, and meth straight thru to monday morning making sure you dont sleep at all. then monday morning, drop the acid. "talk about psychotic!"
    do you get dandruff?

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    prepare for lsd farts

• man, does anyone get that 'flashback' feeling when have these kinds of discussions? Like all of these acid memories keep coming back and you feel a little high? I got that 'acid-gut' feeling just from thinking about it.

Just thinking the same thing. Tried Acid prolly 5 times in high school until a party in '94. Bunch of us just chillin watching videos when the Murder Was The Case shit comes on. Yeah, I freaked out... Have no idea why. Sat under dude's kitchen table for like 3 hours. Haven't done it since. It's definitely about location, location, location.

• a buddy once told me "nobody should do acid after they're 16"

• ZekeZeke 221 Posts
    A lot of the "acid" going around these days isn't really acid. That's not to say that real deal sheets aren't out there, but since Jerry Garcia died and William Pickard and Clyde Apperson's silo in Kansas got busted in 2000 the quality and quantity has dropped astronomically. It really is a buyer beware market.

Never take more than a single hit if you are unaware of the potency. Always follow the guidelines of having an ideal set and setting. Set being your head-space; setting being the space which you will physically be occupying. Read up on the drug on Erowid so you know what to expect.

I don't know, maybe if you gave a description of the blotter (or your friend maybe saw the sheet it came from) someone on here can help identify it.

Be careful, psychedelics drugs can be a wonderful tool, but they are certainly not for play.

• Marijuana:

LSD:

• ..but now am having some second thoughts. i can get very paranoid and uncomfortable after blunt marathons so my worry is that i'll be caught in an 8-hour schizo/bi-polar whodunnit.

for those who know, have you been able to stay cool after dropping? im basically imagining the experience as smoking ganj x 100 (which in my mind equates to headaches, massive dehydration, and paranoia).

also, entertaining acid stories, please

thanks

I would strongly advice against it, although I have never taken this stuff myself. Some guys I know came out very well after taking this, some didn't. Not everyone can handle that stuff. Off course it has alot to do with external conditions like environment, people you can trust, etc.,whether or not the trip will be good/bad, but that's not the only factor. Personnality plays a big role too. People with a (slight) tendency to neurotic features (f.e. paranoia, feeling uncomfortable in group, scared quick, a bit too introspective,..) should in my opninion not drop acid. Especially when you're already afraid/worried that things could go wrong, chances are you're gonna focus on this and the trip will go bad. It's like a self fulfilling prophecy. When you're not confident enough about yourself (which IMO your post makes clear), I would suggest it's a bad idea. Could be you'd have a great time, could be you're gonna fuck yourself up (during those 8 hours, for a longer period of time, or even permanent). I don't know the odds, but wouldn't take the shot.

• my advice would be to have some valium or xanax ready in case things get out of hand. that's probably the best way to taper down a bad trip.
    bad idea ... i did that once and it caused me a tachycardial attack ... i thought my heart will explose and ended the night at the hospital ...horrible experience

how much did you take and of what? benzodiazepenes are usually pretty safe tranquilizers (unlike barbs or quaaludes) and often given to calm panic attacks and schizo outbursts...

• id say i have pretty much all the negative attributes you all warned about, so i think im going to pass. i just want to have a good time, but, like schobbejak pointed out, i think it will turn into a self-fulfilling prophecy. when im in a negative mood (sober) i usually cant convince myself otherwise unless i sleep it off...so this lsd stuff doesn't sound like my bag

i think i'll start with the mushroom tea, as suggested, and build up my confidence

and jmacgregor, you're not boring at all, you're advice is MUCH appreciated

as is everyone elses'

thanks you guys!!

and keep the stories rolling

I sooo want to try psychadelics.

But my head is not right.

I'm afraid that I'd never come down.

Some good advice in this thread.

• screw acid ... go for 2c-e or something like it ... much less probability of permanent damage, and it's quasi-legal to boot

. Vivid hallucinations similar to those experienced while under the influence of LSD are common, and many reports would indicate that the effects of this particular chemical may be overly intense for those not well experienced with psychedelics.

personally I had a bad trip on it, but your results may vary

• oh yeah, if LSD is a rocket ship, then 5-MeO-DMT is:

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts

same here. wanna try em, but i'd never come down

• my advice would be to have some valium or xanax ready in case things get out of hand. that's probably the best way to taper down a bad trip.

how much did you take and of what? benzodiazepenes are usually pretty safe tranquilizers (unlike barbs or quaaludes) and often given to calm panic attacks and schizo outbursts...
    i take just one anxiolitic. dont remember exactly which one ... it was few years ago, but i think it was a benzodiazepene one
    interaction between medications and drugs are unpredictable ...

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    yeah. most acid these days is weaksauce. i used to take that shit and go to class. i did once get a hit from my friend in san diego. i took it, waited like 3 hours, and figured it went bad or something. then, i reached for my doorknob, and that motherfucker swallowed my hand. i started freeking out, but my friend, who i had taken it with earlier, called me, and talked me through it... 10 hours!!! the longer it takes to kick in, the stronger it is.

• You have answered your own question. If there is ANY doubt in your mind when it comes to acid, dont fuck with it.

yer supposed to convince me dewd

It's a great drug to take when your life is responsibility free.

As you get older the more doubts, tension, and stress in your life exist.

This will get magnified and even the slightest thought and next thing you know you're running into the woods screaming. You don't want to end up like this guy

If you're with a good crew and have plan while you're doing it then give it a shot.

I've probably done it 50 times but it was all between 16-19. If I did it now I'd probably bug out.

I'm all for mushrooms, it's not so self introspective. More of a body high.

thats tha truth ruth!! ive done it hundreds of times, started at 15 all the way til maybe 21. no way in hell would i ever do that shit as a 30 year old man with responsibility, NO FUCKIN WAY!!! the last time i did it i seriously thought i was gonna stay insane for the rest of my life.

Never Come Down

• I sooo want to try psychadelics.

damn , i figured yo u had to be dabbling in some type of hallucinogens with all that goofy psych you sweat.
    i had a friend who figure it should be mandatory for everyone to ttrip at least once. i cant say i second that, but i felt what he was saying. i think, in general, tripping makes you more empathetic, sympathetic and aware of peripheral/ subliminal shit....not always the important/most relevant stuff, though. helps you question reality/status quo/conventional wisdom a little more often.

• acid, you never know what you are getting, so its always a bit of an unknown what you're getting into.

i have great respect for mushrooms.mushrooms have always steered me toward a deeper respect and appreciation of nature. id go as far as to say that they have contributed to my direction in life. heres an old story.
    first time down south, with my hommie, on a fledgling digging trip, 10 years ago. we were trooping in a messed up old slant 6 engine gas company dodge van.
    so we split an eigth and head down the natchez trace in mississippi...mad indian sites. once we get to the emerald mound, we were in full flight, surrounded by lush mississippi jungle. the mound (2nd biggest indian mound in the country) is like a plateau with two hills on each end, used for native meetings and ceremonies. so we are walking around, dazed and appreciative. this one butterfly was following us around. i ended up on one of the hills looking up at the clouds. i was seeing stories unfold. then this warrior on horseback, made of clouds, steps up front and center and starts letting me know: the fight's still on, pick up any weapons possible, look around you, we gotta fight for all this, you are needed....Then it started drizzling and raining on me and I realized that the clouds had really been forming over my head. we rode out to new orleans through the illest lightning storm ive ever seen. i felt like i got the word from the ancestors.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts

damn , i figured yo u had to be dabbling in some type of hallucinogens with all that goofy psych you sweat.
    i had a friend who figure it should be mandatory for everyone to ttrip at least once. i cant say i second that, but i felt what he was saying. i think, in general, tripping makes you more empathetic, sympathetic and aware of peripheral/ subliminal shit....not always the important/most relevant stuff, though. helps you question reality/status quo/conventional wisdom a little more often.

thats why i wanna try it, so i can fully experience all these psych records i have. im scared though, i'll probly end up in the psych ward

first time down south, with my hommie, on a fledgling digging trip, 10 years ago. we were trooping in a messed up old slant 6 engine gas company dodge van.
    so we split an eigth and head down the natchez trace in mississippi...mad indian sites. once we get to the emerald mound, we were in full flight, surrounded by lush mississippi jungle. the mound (2nd biggest indian mound in the country) is like a plateau with two hills on each end, used for native meetings and ceremonies. so we are walking around, dazed and appreciative. this one butterfly was following us around. i ended up on one of the hills looking up at the clouds. i was seeing stories unfold. then this warrior on horseback, made of clouds, steps up front and center and starts letting me know: the fight's still on, pick up any weapons possible, look around you, we gotta fight for all this, you are needed....Then it started drizzling and raining on me and I realized that the clouds had really been forming over my head. we rode out to new orleans through the illest lightning storm ive ever seen. i felt like i got the word from the ancestors.

Dope story.

• Watch the movie "The Wall" and listen to the "Wizard Of Oz" soundtrack.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    having some second thoughts. i can get very paranoid and uncomfortable after blunt marathons so my worry is that i'll be caught in an 8-hour schizo/bi-polar whodunnit.

You have answered your own question. If there is ANY doubt in your mind when it comes to acid, dont fuck with it.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    I used go after this shit like big dudes on this board go after records....One day I did some shit and had the worst experience ever...Sad part is I never left my home boys living room nothing bad happend my mind jusy blew up on me. It was like Texas chain saw massacre up in that bitch...I wouldn't fuk with acid no more..Take it for whatever you want...That is all I know

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Sounds like you have wisely decided to pass, so I will give no more advice. Some observations and a story.

First I did lots of acid about 50 times between the years of 15-18. Today I am a walking advertisement for leaving it alone. Of course you can't blame it all on LSD, I was chronic, did mescalin, mushrooms, speed, qualudes, downers, mushrooms, peyote and PCP.

LSD is not like pot or anything else.

I've got that taste in my mouth and my body is buzzing.

We were always told to have a straight friend around, but I found it better to only be around other people who were tripping.

One time we were up a mountain, above a hollow, in Rappahanock county VA. We had a marijuana patch up there on the side of the mountain. We had a vine swing that went way out over the patch as the ground dropped away and swing went up you got real high and a beatiful view of the valley. I was up there tripping with a friend, another friend was a mile and a half back tripping at the cabin. I went out on the swing, wow! My friend went out on the swing, I watched as she slid down the vine, till at the highest point she ran out of vine and fell. I thought for sure she had broken her neck. I trying to figure out how I could get help quickly, and get rid of the plants before she got there. Fortunatly she only broke her wrist. We walked back to the cabin. Now we had 3 tripping people, one with a broken wrist. We drove the five miles into town, but the doctor only came there on Thursdays, so we drove 30 miles to Warrenton or some such place. I was driving up when hill, when I saw a car driving our way. We went down the hill, and then up the next where I expected to met the other car, but it vanished into thin air. I pulled over and let the other guy drive. We spent our trip in the emergency waiting room waiting for the doctor to look at the xray. By the time we were out of there we had come down.

I hated listened to music when tripping. It always sounded chaotic and disjointed, even something like Moody Blues. On the other hand listen to the birds and wind and running water could sound like the most complex, orchestrated, perfectly conducted and rehearesed, next level music.

By the way this is not Dan