dropping acid (nrr)

mallardmallard 452 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
after a long search a buddy finally came through with a few hits yesterday. i was pretty excited, but now am having some second thoughts. i can get very paranoid and uncomfortable after blunt marathons so my worry is that i'll be caught in an 8-hour schizo/bi-polar whodunnit. for those who know, have you been able to stay cool after dropping? im basically imagining the experience as smoking ganj x 100 (which in my mind equates to headaches, massive dehydration, and paranoia).also, entertaining acid stories, pleasethanks

Comments

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    having some second thoughts. i can get very paranoid and uncomfortable after blunt marathons so my worry is that i'll be caught in an 8-hour schizo/bi-polar whodunnit.

You have answered your own question. If there is ANY doubt in your mind when it comes to acid, dont fuck with it.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    dude, you never dropped acid?

whoa, watch out. it can be very cool and mind expanding, or it can totally suck causing you to freak the fuck out. either way, it will drastically change your life forever.

if you plan on going thru with it, i recomend staying in a safe, familiar place with people you know well. having someone there who has done it before might be a good idea too.

i have hadd some really great times on that shit(yeeeeeears ago) and i have seen some people completely lose their shit hiding in small places unable to communicate with the rest of the world.

good luck.

• it's not like smoking at all.

i used to do it in high school but haven't heard of any coming around for ages...lots of visuals, fun moments...never had a bad trip but i heard those are horrible. the only part is coming down, i know i used to get very moody and aggro when i came off that stuff, and also you might have trouble sleeping if you take a lot.

my advice would be to have some valium or xanax ready in case things get out of hand. that's probably the best way to taper down a bad trip. will you have a sober buddy with you, and do you trust them? that would be wise as well.

• You have answered your own question. If there is ANY doubt in your mind when it comes to acid, dont fuck with it.

yer supposed to convince me dewd

• its NOTHING like smoking weed. Honestly dude, if you haven't fucked with any psychadelics before, I would start with some mushroom tea. Its much more mellow, introspective and analog. Acid is like digital chaos theory mind fuck.

i dont mean to frighten you but just doing one hit of acid can fuck you up. I dont know your physiology or psychlogy so I couldnt tell you if it will or not, but it can and has. Make sure you are doing it with people you know and trust -- and are not secretly annoyed at, jealous of, secretly despise or etc. Acid is serious shit and should not be approached lightly.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    Acid is serious shit and should not be approached lightly.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    its NOTHING like smoking weed. Honestly dude, if you haven't fucked with any psychadelics before, I would start with some mushroom tea. Its much more mellow, introspective and analog. Acid is like digital chaos theory mind fuck.

i dont mean to frighten you but just doing one hit of acid can fuck you up. I dont know your physiology or psychlogy so I couldnt tell you if it will or not, but it can and has. Make sure you are doing it with people you know and trust -- and are not secretly annoyed at, jealous of, secretly despise or etc. Acid is serious shit and should not be approached lightly.

ya start with some mushrooms, ease into that shit, acid is serious (read: seriously fucking awsome).

• You have answered your own question. If there is ANY doubt in your mind when it comes to acid, dont fuck with it.

two mutually exclusive things. he's not playin. if you are prone to paranoia and intense self-analysis, it might not be for you. it wasn't for me, although I had a couple of good times mixed in w/ a couple of bad times.

maybe do shrooms first and then see if that's not mind-expanding enuff for you.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    If you are over 17 and have real schitt inside your head, stay away

enough Beer + enough Spliffs = most intense buzz ever known to man. Don't believe me, I'll show ya. Everything else is for teenagers.

...another thing to think about. With acid, you cannot stop it, no-way no-how, dont kid yourself. With alcohol or smoke, you can try and act 'normal', or get a buzzkill, but that aint happening with lsd. Once you drop that tab, your in for the long haul.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    You have answered your own question. If there is ANY doubt in your mind when it comes to acid, dont fuck with it.

It's a great drug to take when your life is responsibility free.

As you get older the more doubts, tension, and stress in your life exist.

This will get magnified and even the slightest thought and next thing you know you're running into the woods screaming. You don't want to end up like this guy

If you're with a good crew and have plan while you're doing it then give it a shot.

I've probably done it 50 times but it was all between 16-19. If I did it now I'd probably bug out.

I'm all for mushrooms, it's not so self introspective. More of a body high.

• will you have a sober buddy with you, and do you trust them? that would be wise as well.

there'll probably be someone sober around. it would be me and a couple of my closest friends/roommates. it would be the first time for one of them, but the other dude is straight

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i was with my friend when he dropped acid. he was actually pretty straight, he said there werent any visuals, but it was an intense mind fuck

• I don't know where you live...but this is not something for the winter months IMO. If you're not able to walk around in a semi-comfortable place feeling semi-comfortable yourself, it's no fun.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    nobody is being dramatic about this. make sure you are with people you trust 100%.

• its NOTHING like smoking weed. Honestly dude, if you haven't fucked with any psychadelics before, I would start with some mushroom tea. Its much more mellow, introspective and analog. Acid is like digital chaos theory mind fuck.

That was the best analogy of mushrooms and acid i think i've ever heard. good job.

if you get skitz smokin L's, you probably shouldn't fuck with Acid. I can smoke 4 or 5 dank blunts in a day no problem but I don't mess with paper no more. never again. not since I was 17. That shit will make you fuckin' crazy. I agree, try the booms first if youve never f'ed with psychs before. Or just go nuts and do some DMT for your first try. That would be interesting....

• i was with my friend when he dropped acid. he was actually pretty straight, he said there werent any visuals, but i gave him an intense butt fuck

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I may be the only person on this board who has never smoked pot (and I'm 36!) but I have done my share of psychedelics. The best advice I can give you for an enjoyable experience is to make sure that you have enjoyable things to do and enjoyable people to be with. Get rid of anything that may stress you out or worry you for the evening and just try to enjoy yourself. There's nothing worse than an unexpected phone call from your grandparents or boss while you are in the middle of a trip. Listen to some good music and have something nice to drink (stay hydrated!) and relax.

I have a few stories that are too long to type out, but the first time I tripped I wasn't feeling anything for about an hour and was wondering what the problem was, when all of a sudden I looked up and the whole room was pixelated like an Atari 2600 video game! Shit was crazy...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    There's nothing worse than an unexpected phone call from your grandparents or boss while you are in the middle of a trip. Listen to some good music and have something nice to drink (stay hydrated!) and relax.

awsome advice.

I have a few stories that are too long to type out, but the first time I tripped I wasn't feeling anything for about an hour and was wondering what the problem was, when all of a sudden I looked up and the whole room was pixelated like an Atari 2600 video game! Shit was crazy...

awsome example.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    oh, and dont do more than a hit. i was up to 7 hits at a time and that shit was just plain stupid.

relax, good environment/music, no stress, friends, etc.

all good advice.

turn your phone off as well.

• If you're not able to walk around in a semi-comfortable place feeling semi-comfortable yourself, it's no fun.

good point. being able to go outside, like to the woods or something is KEY.
    even if its cold, this can be really fun, just dress warm enough. snow can be amazing.

make sure you have NOTHING to do that day, or even the next morning.
    make sure you don't have to see or call your mom!
    make sure you have some orange juice.
    a little smoke to ease into it is always good

an 8-hour schizo/bi-polar whodunnit

man, does anyone get that 'flashback' feeling when have these kinds of discussions? Like all of these acid memories keep coming back and you feel a little high? I got that 'acid-gut' feeling just from thinking about it.

• having some second thoughts. i[/b] can get[/b] very paranoid[/b] and uncomfortable after blunt[/b] marathons so my worry is that i'll be caught in an 8-hour schizo/bi-polar whodunnit.

true dat, 100% you will get a horrortrip don??t touch it

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    man, does anyone get that 'flashback' feeling when have these kinds of discussions? Like all of these acid memories keep coming back and you feel a little high? I got that 'acid-gut' feeling just from thinking about it.

I get that taste in my mouth......

Give me the shivers.

• make sure you have NOTHING to do that day, or even the next morning.

Indeed. You will be 'tripping' for about 8 hrs, but you will be wide awake for about 24 (and your back will hurt the next day...at least mine always did).

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i was with my friend when he dropped acid. he was actually pretty straight, he said there werent any visuals, but i gave him an intense butt fuck
    that too

make sure you have NOTHING to do that day, or even the next morning.

Indeed. You will be 'tripping' for about 8 hrs, but you will be wide awake for about 24 (and your back will hurt the next day...at least mine always did).

I never understood tripping at night.
    I always would drop really early (like 11:00am) I'd have the entire day to flip out, and I could still catch some sleep at night. ...I tripped responsibly.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    running into the woods screaming.
    this has happened, and made worse that my friends were chasing me to make sure i didn't jump off a cliff or something. i prolly did this shit 50-75 times, had a only a handfull of horrible/terrifying/satan-came-unglued type trips, but most were the kind of fun that is illegal for a reason. everyone here is right. listen to yoko ono, ween, the second bowery electric LP, faust, but not skip james, or pj harvey... you will kill yourself. i used to skateboard for hours on that shit, and never fucked up. swimming can be dangerous, don't do that, unless it's in your sink. mescaline is way better, and strongly recommended.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    mescaline is way better, and strongly recommended.

bye bye stomach

i havent tripped in a few years, but throughout high school i probably did it 10 or so times, and never had a negative/scary experience. the only problem i had was once, when i could not stand listening to a song by the same artist twice, we supposedly went through a large stack of cds/wax

• my advice would be to have some valium or xanax ready in case things get out of hand. that's probably the best way to taper down a bad trip.
    bad idea ... i did that once and it caused me a tachycardial attack ... i thought my heart will explose and ended the night at the hospital ...horrible experience