classic video games NRR

Comments

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts

Itellevision was our shit. Most other kids I knew were rocking Atari but I will always have a special place in may heart for this system.

I had one of those. The games were GREAT

Maze-a-tron
    Discs of tron (like WHOA)
    Space Hawk
    masters of the universe

• Remember this one

Turbo graphix 16
    Old school but got murdered by the competition

yeah selling this was one of my first ebay excusions, i had the cd-rom thing that went with it

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Oh yeah, Neo Geo STILL owns.

• Remember this one

Turbo graphix 16

yeah selling this was one of my first ebay excusions, i had the cd-rom thing that went with it

that was the first 16 bit system. quite an innovation at the time. splatter house was like the first really over-the-top violent game I ever saw. an early vice city.

• two words

dig dug

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Remember this one

Turbo graphix 16

that was the first 16 bit system. quite an innovation at the time. splatter house was like the first really over-the-top violent game I ever saw. an early vice city.

Yeah loved that. What was the one with these two 80's guys Imagine a mix of mario and leisure suit larry.
    The system was cool but got ravaged by snes. My parent's got all charmed by the radio-shack guy, i would have prefered a nes. Still good stuff.

Neo-Geo fighting games are still the rawest

• that was the first 16 bit system. quite an innovation at the time. splatter house was like the first really over-the-top violent game I ever saw. an early vice city.

that game was one of the main reasons i bought the system
    this game was dope as fuck as well...

• Yeah loved that. What was the one with these two 80's guys Imagine a mix of mario and leisure suit larry.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

You just made my day was looking for that for a while.

I wish i could replay that (cover is classic to me)

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Man, recently my friend got this handheld machine from Korea called Game Park (www.gp32x.com). Anyway, it's basically a small computer with linux so you can run emulators on it. Dude has:

Neo Geo
    Turbo Graphix 16
    NES
    SNES
    Arcade Emulators
    Master System
    Genesis

I want one of these so bad.

Most of my favorites have been mentioned... except for this EXTREMELY DIFFICULT NES game:

I'd like to know which heads have actually beat this game. I don't remember beating it as a kid, and 2 years ago I picked it up again and for 4 hours couldn't get passed level 1-3... and it goes up to 6-6.

Shit had a great soundtrack too. Speaking of which, ya'll guys should check the band "The Advantage". They do great covers of NES games, and some of the more obscure ones.

Honourable Mentions:

Arcade version of NARC
    Golden Axe
    Araknoid

And although this might be too new, all the Square RPG's for the SNES, especially Chrono Trigger and FF3.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Gyruss is dope.

So dope. Arcade version rocks, with the circular joystick action (nOAyO) - I used to beat that fucking game in the arcade, 8 planets down and onward towards Earth and I was dodging them parsecs like sweetness WP himself on the cutback. I hatt upon them shits with the two balls carrying an electric charge in the middle (YeSaYO) I always got run into those things...

Gyruss is probably my favorite classic. The first time I played that game back in the 80's. This this record store in our neighborhood had one in there amonge all these records and we would line up our quarters and play all day. I've got Gyruss on Gameboy Advance but the joystick action is missing.

Those were good times. Seven Eleven had games. Teh liquor stores hand games in them. Round table had games. I rememebr palying Paperboy in Roundtable, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong JR., Gauntlet, Fosters Freeze had a sitdown MRS. Pacman

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Most of my favorites have been mentioned... except for this EXTREMELY DIFFICULT NES game:

I'd like to know which heads have actually beat this game. I don't remember beating it as a kid, and 2 years ago I picked it up again and for 4 hours couldn't get passed level 1-3... and it goes up to 6-6.

I came oh so close to beating the Sega Genesis version of this...but I never actually pulled it off. Still, that game was crazy fun.

I'm telling you, the hottest part of the new Warriors game is that you get to play Double Dragon with Warriors characters after you beat the story mode. It's a lot of fun.

Also, I was super into Advanced Dungeons & Dragons for Intellivision even though I didn't own an Intellivision.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• rygar
    rastan saga
    karnov(bald fire breathing russian)
    pac-land(jump those swimming pools)
    jackal
    commando
    space harrier
    star wars
    crossbow
    operation wolf
    bomb jack
    ghost n ghouls
    a.p.b.
    slam dunk
    indiana jones and the temple of doom
    r-type
    dragon ninja
    ninja warriors(three screens)
    nemesis(gradius in the states)

classics.and it didn`t cost you a fortune to play like nowadays.and your credit would last(games are too hard at first now)

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

classics.and it didn`t cost you a fortune to play like nowadays.and your credit would last(games are too hard at first now)
    I disagree with this. Plaese to experiment with ghosts and goblins (pause). I find games these days too easy and they have 0 replay value. Think of the replay value on super mario or mario 3. I could play Link To the past forever. I could pretty much pick up any classic NES game and play for hours. I cannot pick up Final Fantasy X-II for longer than 1 hour and enjoy myself.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

indiana jones and the temple of doom

What was that game that was a copy of that. You had a whip to swing with could throw bag of powder. In the jungle fighting snakes.

Outback or outburst or something.

Classic

• i`m talking about arcade games nowadays..way too expensive and too difficult to pick up..

to add on

rolling thunder
    kung fu master

• Pole Position.

AYO![/b]

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

Anybody else used to have the TI 99? I used to love Parsec, Soccer, Alpiner, Car Wars etc.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    this was my 6th grade shit...

me and the missus been playing the fuck outta this lately...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

same here! i just found it last week digging through one of those used game places, the game has such facemelting colo(u)rs when your stoned.

• TETRIS !!!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

same here! i just found it last week digging through one of those used game places, the game has such facemelting colo(u)rs when your stoned.
    my record is -5 under par. i challenge anyone to a drunken duel... also, has anyone seen a hole in one on this?! i've come so close, but always with the eagle.

• fucking sick book, i def reccommend it.

no pun intended but,

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Perhaps the greatest 2-player teamwork arcade game of all time.

My boy 'Chard and I could beat this game together on one quasar apiece.

When you got the double orange cannons, it was on.

• If anyone ever finds one of these, were talking holy holy holy grail for old uncle thester here, then please holler:
    Stand Up, Coin op:

Beastie Boys

Manufacturer: Kaneko
    Year: 1992
    Class: Concept
    Genre: Platform
    Type: Video Arcade
    Monitor:

* Orientation: Vertical
    * Type: Raster: Medium Resolution
    * CRT: Color

Conversion Class: JAMMA
    Number of Simultaneous Players: 3
    Maximum number of Players: 3
    Gameplay: Joint
    Control Panel Layout: Multiple Player
    Controls:

* Joystick: 8-way with button - Jump
    * Buttons: 1 - Fire

Sound: Special Sound System - 4 speakers, 2 music, 2 sound
    Special Drive: CD-ROM - Used to play the music

Abstract The player controls the rap group "The Beastie Boys" (MCA, Adrock, and Mike D) throughout several levels such as trying to get their mics and instruments back.

Gameplay The objects for each level are as follows:

1. The Boys must dodge eggs being thrown at them for thirty seconds.
    2. They are on top of a moving turntable trying to avoid "The Turntable King".
    3. They have to get their mics back.
    4. They have to get their instruments back.
    5. They have to dodge different people to make it safely back to PJ's for their live performance.

The ending is really not that good. It just shows a picture of a platinum record saying: "CONGRATULATIONS!! YOU WON AN RIAA AWARD!!" After that, the game restarts at the first level.

• Hyper Olympics (or Track and Field as the Taitel/Konami version was called).

Mash up those fingers...

• neo geo & mame