classic video games NRR

DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
edited November 2005 in Off Topic (NRR)
lately the wife and i have been playing classic video games....pac man, galaga, etc.

i love defender and mr. do! as well...any other strutters feel the same way about the classics?

Comments

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Yeah that's kind of all I play. Dig Dug, Pac Man, Mrs. Pac Man, Gyruss is dope. Super Mario Bros., Frogger, Pole Position. I want 1942 and the original Punch Out if it's available. Haven't been able to find it though

• bubble bobble
    galaxian
    gorf

• i always loved galaga and q-bert, galaga i still play once in awhile when i'm with my nephew at the mall, i'll get $5 worth of tokens and give him $4.75, i use one token on galaga and play for a half hour, everytime he comes back for more money while i'm still on my first game of galaga, those old games are really worth your quarter

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    Yeah I like the old games better. All the old games are all about skill and racking up points, that's pretty much it.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    Dr. Mario

• TSGTSG 274 Posts
    legend of kage - i still can't get far in that game.
    tecmo bowl (eric dickerson and albert bentley versions)

asteroids
    space invaders
    simpsons and tmnt in arcade
    pit fighter in the building!

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    new classics:

mario kart

(my friend just gave me his old n64 )

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Gyruss is dope.

So dope. Arcade version rocks, with the circular joystick action (nOAyO) - I used to beat that fucking game in the arcade, 8 planets down and onward towards Earth and I was dodging them parsecs like sweetness WP himself on the cutback. I hatt upon them shits with the two balls carrying an electric charge in the middle (YeSaYO) I always got run into those things...

• Stryder
    Altered Beast
    Tobin
    Golden Axe

Snoopy Tennis was the Sh!t!!

• TANK COMMAND. DIZZY. WIZBALL.

Did any of you US dudes have the ZX Spectrum? That was what I cut my teeth on. 48K of pure raw processing power !!!!!!![/b]

The BOMB!!!

Took like 40 mins to load a game off a cassette!

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    Nobody mentioned donkey kong??? About 8 years ago the franklin institute in Philly had and old school video game exhibit. It was amazing!!! It had all the games I dug. Crazy climber, dig dug, battlezone, you name it. They even had the x's and o's tabletop trackball football game. I spent the whole day there playing those games. What about dome hockey? That shit is

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    I use to love this game back in the day:

Comm 64/128/VIC 20 steez days...

I can remember having colecovision with the atari adapter so I could play all the 2600 games.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

then

then

then

• lately the wife and i have been playing classic video games....pac man, galaga, etc.

i love defender and mr. do! as well...any other strutters feel the same way about the classics?

I'd love to find an old Omega Race machine. I used to play that all the time in college....

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

• arcade emulators is where its at

a nice beat em up is mad fun.... last one i played was punisher (japanese version)

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    Nintendo 1.0:

River City Ransom
    Ikari Warriors
    Contra
    Legend of Kage

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    TANK COMMAND. DIZZY. WIZBALL.

Did any of you US dudes have the ZX Spectrum? That was what I cut my teeth on. 48K of pure raw processing power !!!!!!![/b]

The BOMB!!!

Took like 40 mins to load a game off a cassette!

I had the Spectrum 128k +2, I could taste my friends envy when they saw I had a built in tape loader and no rubber keys.

Meant I could play outrun with music rather than having to play it in the stereo as I played the game.

• I started collecting stand ups when record colelcting got dry. digging is alot more fun, it consists of going to donut shops, laundromats, arcades... hitting up people for thier broke old games for practically nothing and restoring them..

Including: Arknoid, Super Sprint (3player), Marble Madness, Klax
    Paperboy, Frogger, Karate Champ

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    my dad has this at the crib, but he still whoops my ass. he was owning me over thanksgiving.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts

Dude...

"Pong clock ?? While this game of pong randomly plays, the so called players score the time. The left player scores the hours, and the right player scores the minutes, creating an unusual timepiece, ideal for those friday afternoon moments at our headquarters."

• The first Final Fantasy for Nintendo was my shit. One night I was playing it and the system bugged out and uped all my states to crazy levels. I was all happy because I thought I was going to rule the game, but when I tried to save it the whole thing crashed and I lost the game. I never played it again.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• pacmanpacman 1,113 Posts
    Oregon Trail!

• Oregon Trail!

I totally forgot about that game till i saw this shirt the other day:

here

• pacmanpacman 1,113 Posts
    Oregon Trail!

I totally forgot about that game till i saw this shirt the other day:

here

CLASSIC!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Remeber those classic MAC games (think box computer b-w screen)

That one where you drop off a guy from a helicopter into a moving haystack

The one with the guy drilling holes with his laser to evade police

classic grade 2 gaming

• Itellevision was our shit. Most other kids I knew were rocking Atari but I will always have a special place in may heart for this system.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Remember this one

Turbo graphix 16
    Old school but got murdered by the competition