"SF is a weak ass pie-town"

13»

Comments

• pittsburgh has got some GREASY pizza spots

Yall like some greasy pies around here.

• Yes, I'm from the Northeast. It gets no better than Antonio's in Amherst, MA. Definitely

Try the bufffalo chicken bleu cheese, steak quesadilla, tortillini pesto, covered spinach, fresh mozzerlla tomato basil, teriyaki chicken . . .

damn my mouth is watering

• and you can get some real good exotic flavors.

That was one of the problems I had with Bay Area Pizza - it seemed to me that a lot of spots were too hung up on fucking around with some fruity ass "exotic flavors" when they couldn't even get a damn cheese slice right.

That's another thing. No one seems to know what you're talking about when you ask them for "a slice".

"2 slices please."

"Excuse me?"

"2 plain slices please."

"????????"

"uh... make that 2 CHEESE slices, please."

"Oh, okay. Gotcha."

WTF??!! It was like that EVERYWHERE I went.
    I'd seriously rather fuck with Gordo's than have Pizza in the Bay.

THIS is what the fuck I'm talking about. So true. Save all the teriyaki broccoli slice, avocado and ham, chicken cordon bleu.... BLECH!!!

Still Paul you should try to fuck with Arinells (16th/Valencia in SF, also in Berkeley) if you can. Good NY-style slice. Thin crisp crust, not too much cheese, decent sauce.

I grew up in Berkeley. Blondies, Fat Slice were eaten often as a youth. That shit makes me throw up a little bit in my mouth just thinking about it. FOUL

Anna, I don't know how you managed to escape good pizza in NY but there have been several threads about it on here, next time you come to town ask around! Must've hit up Sbarros or something... lol... the pizza I eat here rivals the pizza I had in Italy, and the east coast is so serious about it, there are great slices in small towns all over Jersey, LI, upstate, etc.

Just say no to west coast pizza.... and since the Mexican population is growing exponentially in NYC I actually can get halfway decent Mex food near the shop.... WATCH OUT NOW!

• nizzario's on geary has alway's been my spot.The bay is definitely not the best American city for Pizza,but it ain't half bad.

• Zachary's in the E Bay is also mega over-rated. Frat-boy Cal alumni blowing up the spot all the time and not that fresh.

that's the truth. why does anybody even like that shit?

Arinell's is dope.

that's the truth.

also on the right side of the yay, gioia's pizzeria on hopkins in berkeley-- very simple thin pizza with excellent crust, ingredients, etc. the red chili pizza is so right.

• KINGMOST LOVES MR. PIZZA MAN EVERYONE

• FSan Diego has some good cornmeal crust deep dish at Lefty's, three blocks from my house.

oh shit! This placed called Vicollo's in SF has the bomb cornmeal crust. It's right next Citizen Cake which is pretty good as well.

that joint was actually a block south of citizen cake. and it closed I think.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    KINGMOST LOVES MAN

• when did odub start entertaining slices across the street from the castro?

and does kingmost know about this?

• KINGMOST LOVES MR. PIZZA MAN EVERYONE

Young Taudr*y

Must I put my PM to you on blast?

The Pizza Man in South City good. For some reason they are the only place that makes each slice indivuadlly. You just drive-up the window (yes they have a window) and chill out for 15 minutes and get a nice slice

Shame on you.......

• heeheeeheee

i kid because i love

you said 'indivuadlly'

• true, there aren't really many slice type joints in SF, but you like it fany, you got some choices:
    Pizzetta 211. on california & like 23rd (behind 4 star). my favorite. they get flack for attitude but with food so righteous they can gt away with it. Pointas for carrying Blue Bottle espresso too.
    A16 (in Marina) for the most authentic Neapolitan. stays crispy long-time.
    Pauline's (Valencia and 14th), also tasty, organic too.
    Delfina (18th & Guerrero) opened a pizza place next door not long ago. Inconsistent, but their margaritas (with fresh house-stretched mozz) are often mighty, especially if you take'em down to the park.

i like pie.

• [for good pizza in la you must head to the valley.
    Joe Peeps???

• There's something indescribably comical about the combination of

and "KINGMOST LOVES MR. PIZZA MAN EVERYONE"

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    Minneapolis is equally weak in its pizzaness.

You don't like Luce's? Have you tried Galactic on Lyndale?

Galatic is better than Luce's, but it's no Steve's. But the secret farm is THE JUMPOFF. Directions soon.

• Haven't tried Galactic.
    Luc?? kinda sucks.
    Golooney's is a joke.
    Davanni's is ehh.

The best in the Twin Cities so far are Cossetta and Savoy (both in St. Paul).

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    Haven't tried Galactic.
    Luc?? kinda sucks.
    Golooney's is a joke.
    Davanni's is ehh.

The best in the Twin Cities so far are Cossetta and Savoy (both in St. Paul).

Savoy is great, I've had WAY too much pizza at Cossetta's, the veal parm., now that's some good shit!

• for the berkeley location:
    call me weird but you cant fuck with a pizza hut pan combo. zachary's special is the ill, im not fucking with blondies or la vals. and fat slice is stumpin. so my pizza hierarchy according to desire would be

zachs
    fat slice
    pizza hut
    and arinells on shattuck is aight.

uhm i like greasy pizza.
    and i have the food palate of a fourth grader... cheese puffs and salami sandwiches are my shit.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    my man short used used to work at pizza hut and said that they used to put lard on the pizza dough and let that shit sit in the fridge overnight. the next day they would already have pies ready to throw toppings on and cook...

mmmm... yummy.

• for the berkeley location:
    call me weird but you cant fuck with a pizza hut pan combo. zachary's special is the ill, im not fucking with blondies or la vals. and fat slice is stumpin. so my pizza hierarchy according to desire would be

zachs
    fat slice
    pizza hut
    and arinells on shattuck is aight.

Zachs is the shit!
    Fat Slice is alright and their extra is EXTRA cheese!
    Blondies blows!
    Pizza Hut blows!
    Arinells is some of the worst pizza I've ever had in my life.
    La Vals is a super good deal. Isn't it like $2.50 for a slice and soda during happy hour? Granted, not the best pizza in the world but best value for sure.