NBA 2005-2006... WHAT IT DO, BATCHES

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    How far can the CLIPPERS go? I would like to see them get to the second round.
    I havent seen them play until last night when they lost to UTAH.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    How far can the CLIPPERS go? I would like to see them get to the second round.
    I havent seen them play until last night when they lost to UTAH.

The Clippers have a great team this year. I think they lead the NBA in rebounding which is always a plus and all 5 starters are scoring threats which puts a lot of pressure on the opposing team. The one thing they're not very good at is 3 point shooting, but they added Radmonivich (sp?) from Seattle, so they've even improved on that. I fully expect them to make it to the 2nd round.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    The Lakers are in a freefall recently.

NO DOUBT....

Lakers 106
    Warriors 94

THANKS....We needed it

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts

NO DOUBT....

Lakers 106
    Warriors 94

THANKS....We needed it

Don't EVEN go there. You have no idea how painful it is to be a Warriors fan. I have been a serious Warriors fan for at least 15 years, meaning watching all the games, knowing the players, etc. We are entering our 12th year of not reaching the playoffs. FEEL MY PAIN BITCHES!!!!

Pistons 94
    Lakers 105
    Final

Darko looked damn good tonight !!

Detroit v San Antonio is going to be a classic 7 gamer ...

• The Lakers are in a freefall recently.

NO DOUBT....

Lakers 106
    Warriors 94

THANKS....We needed it

Don't EVEN go there. You have no idea how painful it is to be a Warriors fan. I have been a serious Warriors fan for at least 15 years, meaning watching all the games, knowing the players, etc. We are entering our 12th year of not reaching the playoffs. FEEL MY PAIN BITCHES!!!!

As a Wizards fan, I feel your pain. Only recently we have become semi-respectable,
    but man it sucks rooting for a frustrating basketball team. Not all-out sucking, just perennial mediocrity to the point where they don't ever get very far in the playoffs if at all, and usually win just enough games to get a shitty draft pick. Then, when we do get the 1st pick, its Kwame Fucking Brown. Fuck.

• Detroit v San Antonio is going to be a classic 7 gamer another fucking seven game snoozefest that no casual fans will watch, just like last year ...

cmon Mavericks, get yr shit together and crash that party.

• 16_beat16_beat 56 Posts

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    ???

Suns at Dallas this afternoon on ABC, before the Oscars.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Pistons 94
    Lakers 105
    Final

hey even if it is a fluke, i'll take it.

it's a confidence booster for the team.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

NO DOUBT....

Lakers 106
    Warriors 94

THANKS....We needed it

Man, I was at that Lakers/Warriors game...I think my girl and I were the only two pulling for the Warriors in the entire section, which was mostly populated by O.C. kids in Kobe jerseys who are now students at Cal. It was a sorry display all around. The "MVP!" chants for Kobe were just as loud as the "Beat LA!" chants. That's sad.

LAKERS GET JIM JACKSON. WAIVE SLAVA MEDVEDENKO.

Lakers acquire Jim Jackson

I think this was a decent move by the Lakers. Jackson can hit the set J and I think he'd be a good fit in Jackson's system of coaching.

By the way, I am reading this right now, and it's a really good read. Definitely sheds more light on the players, Phil, and Laker management:

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

This has GOT to be a dress code violation of some sort...

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

This has GOT to be a dress code violation of some sort...

Amare has been killing it fashionwise all season...

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    anybody peeping the Nuggets at all? I know, probably not a favorite around here. They shot 64% last night against the grizzlies though (68% until the 4th). Melo shot 11 for 12 in the 3rd. They have been looking good this season. I'm just getting back into basketball since the early 90s really. So pardon my littledudism on the subject. Ruben Patterson was a great addition to the team I think. Camby had 21 points and 21 rebounds the other night. Martin is ill when he actually plays (missed 15 games this season I think). Carmelo Anthony's game is improving, he's starting to live up to all his hype in a major way. I'd like to see these guys succeed. Thoughts?

• anybody peeping the Nuggets at all? I know, probably not a favorite around here. They shot 64% last night against the grizzlies though (68% until the 4th). Melo shot 11 for 12 in the 3rd. They have been looking good this season. I'm just getting back into basketball since the early 90s really. So pardon my littledudism on the subject. Ruben Patterson was a great addition to the team I think. Camby had 21 points and 21 rebounds the other night. Martin is ill when he actually plays (missed 15 games this season I think). Carmelo Anthony's game is improving, he's starting to live up to all his hype in a major way. I'd like to see these guys succeed. Thoughts?

The Nuggets are tough to beat at home.

they're good but it doesn't even matter cos they're in the WC. They can't beat the Spurs, Suns or Mavs in a series. Neither can any other team in the West. I'm sure if the Nugs were in the lame EC, they'd be competing seriously for a spot in the EC Finals.

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    true. the west is tough this year. i've enjoyed watching most of the phoenix games I've seen so far (even without amare), steve nash is a hustla. I'm not a big fan of duncan or nowitski, although i recognize their talents (not to base my opinion of a team off their star players though). too bad Nene wasn't playing this season. i think the nugs are gonna grow stronger, especially with patterson and hopefully having nene back next season. We'll see what happens.

Ruben Patterson was a great addition to the team I think.

True, but he's a horrible addition for the women of the greater Denver area.

K-Mart = talkin' loud, ain't sayin' nothin'

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    clippers foll

they got ugly now, so they'll be winning quite a few more games now. Love that dude.

be back for more comments later!
    cassell, injured and working with only one hand, went on an incredible streak in the 3rd. it was like watching a limping E.T. defeat a gang of predators. yeah, spurs were tired from last night's game and duncan got in early foul trouble, but that doesn't take away from the fact that the clips dominated the best in the west!

clippers foll !!!!

Is this dude ever gonna play a full season? His Back problem has fucked w/ his career.

He's out again w/ new spasms.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    I just wish I had NLP right now. damn

property in the kaman islands is on the rise!

sorry about that...
    but this ghoulish looking center has been dominating recently, even in his match-ups against KG last night (24 points, 23 boards!) and duncan last week.

very nice.

but actually nobody still cares about the Clips. Even though they are respectable now. Hey i wish them the best of luck though.

Lakers @ Sacramento tonight. This game I think is crucial for both teams. Sacramento because this may give them enough confidence to lock a playoff spot in the West. Los Angeles because they need to stay above 500 and hopefully be a couple games up by the end of the regular season.

are you in la? i think folks here are coming around to the clippers, if for no other reason that that other la team is impossible to root for. i also saw some people sporting clippers gear in milwaukee over the weekend - i know that don't mean a thing but i wanted to throw that out there. i'd say that they have a decent amount of fans, but its silly to think they'll garner national attention like the lakers... well at least until 2007 when they start taking over the west.

is goin' crazy. Too bad they wont make the playoffs.

So Brown v. Marbury is now personal. Ha. Marbury's such a chump.

"So, you're the best guard in the league and the team is 17-45, yeah, it's the coach's fault," Brown said.

• Marbury's such a chump.

My Mavs are sooo banged up right now. No Howard, Harris, KVH or Griffin. They are having to seriously grind it out and Dirk could vault to the lead of the MVP race if they can keep their record up through this strectch. He has to step up. Cats like Rawle Marshall and Josh Powell gettin big minutes.

Anyone watch Mavs v. Cavs the other night? Super entertaining game. JET's throwdown on Gooden was sick. Damps' block of Gooden's dunk attempt was even sicker. Lebron is filthy.

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    yao ming & carmelo anthony are effing killing it these days... unfortunetly, my gs warriors season is pretty much over... they can at least play out the season and play spoiler once again.

jrich though is beasting.

-rich