NBA 2005-2006... WHAT IT DO, BATCHES

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    dude is probably gonna do the off the backboard between the legs jammy .

get real now. Vince can't even do that.

• dude is probably gonna do the off the backboard between the legs jammy .

nate can. he does it in practice.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    BYNUM !!!!

Got the piiiymp slap. That was funny as hell!

if it happens, it would mos def be
    but i won't believe it til i see it. Almost like what Phil said about the "quarter off the top of the backboard" ish. you would need like a 48' verticle, mad coordination and body control. When JRich did it, it was CRAZY. that dunk right there is like the Holy-grail of dunks in terms of difficulty.

• There is a budding star playing in the Minnesota Summer League and he is the smallest guy on the court. Nate Robinson is electrifying fans and teammates like few other players can do.

The leaping ability of this lightning quick guard defies all logic and reason. During warm-ups, he gets the crowd going with amazing dunks that you have to see to believe. It's like watching a mascot jump off a trampoline. Even his missed dunks draw roars of approval. At one point, the 5'9" Robinson threw the ball off the glass, caught it between his legs, then windmilled a jam that rimmed out. What's amazing is that he was so high up he should have made it.

The play of the day, however, happened during the game. Nate rose up over two post players and tomahawk dunked a rebound with fire. The crowd, and the Knick bench, nearly brought the house down with their roar of disbelief. It was easily one of the most amazing basketball plays I've ever seen.

• by the way thats from some scouting report from the summer league
    i didnt write that shit

At one point, the 5'9" Robinson threw the ball off the glass, caught it between his legs, then windmilled a jam that rimmed out. What's amazing is that he was so high up he should have made it.

I ain't fronting on the fact that he can get up. But "should have made it" is a whole lot different than actually completing the dunk...not hating, just saying. and i doubt he "windmilled it" upon catching it in the air and throwing it between his legs...

• dude you've obviously never seen this dude ball so why don't you reserve judgment until you do

• i would agree with you that iverson is probably the best pound-for-pound basketball player to ever play the game .... i'm a huge fan. but i'm just talking strictly about athleticism. running and jumping. nate is just on another plane. he still has a lot to learn about the nba and running the point ... but the shit he can do is just unprecedented .. i mean just today he won a jumpball against toronto's 7' center with ease .. doesn't sound like much but when you see him you realize that he regularly does amazing shit in-game .. and makes it look effortless. put it this way - when was the last time there was a 5'9" (listed .. he's actually about 5'7 3/4") shooting guard in the nba ..

(thats 6'8" james posey getting served ... by the way, just wait until the dunk contest .. dude is probably gonna do the off the backboard between the legs jammy ..)

... plus, he broke records in washington state track & field in high school and actually came to the university of washington on a football scholarship. it wasnt until a few years ago that he decided to play basketball full-time ..

cosign! I've been watching him play since high school and he really does some unbelievable shit. When he gets a couple more nba years under his belt he will be a problem. He's a bit wild now but seems to be getting his game under control. It will take time. I've been around dude in person and he really is no bigger than I am!! He probably isn't 5'8. More importantly with the Sonics looking like pure shit, I for the first time ever have been watching fucking Knicks games.

source please? then you might actually convince me.

• i dont need to convince you of shit dude

i dont need to convince you of shit dude

alright then, bye!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Nate = ok

Anyone catch Antonio Davis run into the stands?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Nate = ok

Anyone catch Antonio Davis run into the stands?

More like over reacting and not thinking.

He sees something going on with his wife up in the stands so he runs up there. From the video they keep on playing over and over and over it didn't even look like anything serious. His wife was the one standing up and yelling, didn't really look like that much of a big deal. What if someone in the crowd decided to get stupid though, it's Detroit-Indiana all over again.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    KOBE'S KILLING IT! 46 free throws in a row... making impossible jumpers...

the kick-out to lamar just ended it. 102-97. 35 seconds left. sorry northern cali heads:

edit - please disregard

the kick-out to lamar just ended it. 102-97. 35 seconds left. sorry northern cali heads:

never seen anybody in the history of the game, make as many impossible jumpers as Kobe Bryant has in his career.

IDIOT LAMAR.

we'll see how this turns out...

i was about to delete the above post... instead, i'll just let u know i feel like this:

lamar should be fired

The most skilled player in the game is peaking.

He's playing with young dudes who are lacking in confidence and a killer instinct.

Kobe is not helping them grow.

But Kobe wants to win right now.

high expectations, harsh reality.

ahhh, the dilemna.....

but seriously, Lamar single-handedly blew this one.

Lamar is not a franchise player nor one that is championship material.

(ofcourse there are only a handful of those types of players.)

good night.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

that's half the problem. the other half is that this is YOUNG TEAM (avg. age 24). Kobe wants to put it in 5th gear and win a championship. The others just got their engines started. and he doesn't wanna wait 5 years until he does.

that's half the problem. the other half is that this is YOUNG TEAM (avg. age 24). Kobe wants to put it in 5th gear and win a championship. The others just got their engines started. and he doesn't wanna wait 5 years until he does.

I think he knows a championship is out of the fuckin' question. This franchise is rebooting w/ Phil jackson back in the mix. After one season with the Kobe Triangle maybe they can look to the Finals. This season is just a gelling season. Sorry.

You're not fitting Lamar into this equation.
    i think Kobe choked him out again last night.

* i'm not saying he's a bad, but he has a lot of potential that's going unfulfilled and he is not a young player

* i'm not saying he's a bad, but he has a lot of potential that's going unfulfilled and he is not a young player

Whatever.........they cant beat the Kings.

Whatever.........they cant beat the Kings.

AND THE HATE CONTINUES! what's new?

What's your team? i want to hate on them!

we should at least agree on this: that was a great game

Cosign. A veteran player choked in that situation.

a battle between two inconsistent and "Ok" teams. Odom blew it by driving in with that much time on the shotclock and furthermore turning it over.
    also newbies double-teaming the drive and not the three at the end.

I hope you're not talking about Odom when you mean "Vet".

I hope you're not talking about Odom when you mean "Vet".

Yes , six years is sufficient time to be called a veteran. 7,8,9,10,11..etc whatever. He's been in the League long enuff to pass to Kobe and "get the fuck out of the way!"