TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Lewandowski to Barca. Raphina to Barca. I thought Barca were bludklaut broke?
    particularly annoying as Raphina said his first choice of his Prem suitors was Arsenal.

Joris Bohnson resigning is kind of annoying: if he’d been leader of the CONservatives at the next general election, a Lib-Lab coalition would’ve been a dead cert IMO.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Lewandowski to Barca. Raphina to Barca. I thought Barca were bludklaut broke?
    particularly annoying as Raphina said his first choice of his Prem suitors was Arsenal.

They are bumbaclark(sic)™ broak doe.

They have basically sold their rights to future income streams now, for some cash to bring in these guys.  And they are trusting these signings to keep the wheels on until Xavi waves his wand on La Maisa and the kids turn into worldies to replace them 3-4-5 years down the line... then by magic, some money will appear.

It's like some NFL side with no first-round pick trading their first-round picks for the next ten years, now.

Joris Bohnson resigning is kind of annoying: if he’d been leader of the CONservatives at the next general election, a Lib-Lab coalition would’ve been a dead cert IMO.

Starmer mad wheak for not wanting to reverse Brexit.  Labour need a new look, the Tories will just smear them again (Antisemites, inexperienced etc.)

Makes my piss boil being stuck here.  It's soul-destroying watching working people defend this spout-mouthed c*nt, when pretty much everything Corbyn was slagged for is being shown to be what would have saved us from insane energy-price hikes and fuel costs.

Duderonomy

Barca must be overjoyed by the Champs league “historic form” that would guarantee them a spot no matter what: I guess that’s some of the credit they’re buying with.
    My wife’s brother was apparently near-tears at the Lewi announcement. I mean he’s obviously very good, but for how long?
    Zinchenko. Happy for cover at LB actually (Tierney is great but unfortunately injury prone).

You know what?

If his wages were reasonable and he didn’t mind cameos from the bench, I’d take CR7. As a team we press well and dominate possession, but need a player who can shoot on target with his eyes shut.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    How was the heat today? Tomorrow looks dreaded...

I've lived in Arizona and the UK. And while Arizona has crazy heat (You can have heat over 38°C for a month at a time. With highs reaching past 116°C). It's a dry heat with zero humidity. So if you stay in the shade you're good (Plus absolutely everywhere has AC and water misters). But all my time in the UK, the humidity was killer. A place with almost no AC. Built to keep the warmth in 

Stay cool brothers & sisters.

Duderonomy

• Yeah it's too much for the place. I'm fortunate to walk to work (and to have been born in a hot place and am fine with it) but feel for people taking buses and tubes, and those brits who don't know how to move when it's hot. And train tracks get too hot and trains can't run, etc. And the architecture is just not designed for it.
    Our apartment is hovering around 82-86 day and night, not easy sleeping with a baby etc. It's great in winter though! Hardly needs heating!

Every few hours I soak my t-shirt and it’s dry in no time!
    I was on the central line from Marble Arch to Leyton on Sunday ~6pm and it was hell. Packed in like sardines, zero air, and at one point I thought if I died right now, it wouldn’t be such a bad thing.*
    Staying in the house and in the shade today.

* I still haven’t knowingly had Covid, only 2 jabs last year and no boosters. It’s a bit weird.

You seeing S*eve in London, L*o?  Say hi.  Been too long.

DOR said:
    How was the heat today? Tomorrow looks dreaded...

I've lived in Arizona and the UK. And while Arizona has crazy heat (You can have heat over 38°C for a month at a time. With highs reaching past 116°C). It's a dry heat with zero humidity. So if you stay in the shade you're good (Plus absolutely everywhere has AC and water misters). But all my time in the UK, the humidity was killer. A place with almost no AC. Built to keep the warmth in 

Stay cool brothers & sisters.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts

I lived in Porto Alegre for several years, where homes are so brilliantly constructed that they become a fridge in the winter and an over in the summer. One time I shared a work space with a friend and he resorted to always keeping a t-shirt and a pair of underwear in the freezer, and he'd change several times a day.

Anyways, pretty clever of the boomers to make the planet unlivable while being the only ones who can actually afford what you would need to survive in it. Congratulations to the longest living, final human generation.

Duderonomyklezmer electro-thug beats

Jimster said:

Hadn’t thought of it, but I should while I’m here. Staying until end of August.

You got a contact for him?

Jimster said:

Hadn’t thought of it, but I should while I’m here. Staying until end of August.

You got a contact for him?

DM'd you.

Also letting mandems know Ali Junior is still alive.

Duderonomy

ppadilha said:

I lived in Porto Alegre for several years, where homes are so brilliantly constructed that they become a fridge in the winter and an over in the summer. One time I shared a work space with a friend and he resorted to always keeping a t-shirt and a pair of underwear in the freezer, and he'd change several times a day.

Anyways, pretty clever of the boomers to make the planet unlivable while being the only ones who can actually afford what you would need to survive in it. Congratulations to the longest living, final human generation.

Burning Boomers is environmentally friendly, so I hear.

Raas boomer dem.

(Checks...) I am not old enough to be a boomists, innit.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Not that I read this shit but breezing past the headline made me chuckle at just how irredeemably stupid this "humanity" has become 

Humanity faces ‘collective suicide’ over climate crisis: UN chief

No. Nobody's committing suicide here, you're all slowly being murdered by unchecked, cooperate greed and globalised, predatory capitalism.
    Duderonomy

• That's the thing that makes my blood boil. I saw that headline too. The fucking prime minister of this country is currently being chosen by a vote of 350 MPs. A walking mummy rules the US apologizing that he can't do anything. How the fuck is this a collective suicide? I don't have power over this. No one I've ever met does. If you polled every human on earth with their actual real options re: climate change we'd be overwhelmingly in favor of drastic, world-changing action. Every time someone talks about democracy now it drives me up the wall. We're being fucked, no democracy involved.
    DuderonomyFrank

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Our democracies have always been lobbyist controlled kleptocracies. We've forever been taken hostage by these fucks. It's just been a comfortable enough ride for most to ignore this.
    DuderonomyJimster

That's the thing that makes my blood boil. I saw that headline too. The fucking prime minister of this country is currently being chosen by a vote of 350 MPs. A walking mummy rules the US apologizing that he can't do anything. How the fuck is this a collective suicide? I don't have power over this. No one I've ever met does. If you polled every human on earth with their actual real options re: climate change we'd be overwhelmingly in favor of drastic, world-changing action. Every time someone talks about democracy now it drives me up the wall. We're being fucked, no democracy involved.

Totally agree with what Frank and Klez have said.

The problem is apathy, if the voting population took the time to question what the media and politicians are telling them, they would make wiser choices.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” It’s a quote routinely attributed to Edmund Burke. But it turns out falsely so. Apparently, he never uttered these words. At best, the essence of the quote can be traced back to the utilitarian philosopher John Stuart Mill, who delivered an 1867 inaugural address at the University of St. Andrews and stated: 

“Let not any one pacify his conscience by the delusion that he can do no harm if he takes no part, and forms no opinion. Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing. He is not a good man who, without a protest, allows wrong to be committed in his name, and with the means which he helps to supply, because he will not trouble himself to use his mind on the subject.”

Duderonomy

Somebody embed this stunning brilliance:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-XSVQCshmFw&feature=emb_title

ppadilha said:

Those are Gabriel Jesus' tatts.

I had to accompany Mrs J to A&E at the local hospital last night, as her mother had fell off her broom taken ill and needed emergency treatment.

I'd not been here since my kids were small and fell headfirst off swings etc.  The addition of two massive security guards should have tipped me off that things had gotten worse.

Fucking hell, it was like a zombie film.  It was rammed, even at 23:30 on a Wednesday night.  I would say 50% of the patients were drink/drug admissions.

Wife was getting glared at by a nutter who wouldn't stay on his stretcher.  You could say he was literally off his trolley.  It was a bit like M*A*S*H but with dangerously unpredictable patients.

Eventually he just wandered off.

The NHS is being criminally underfunded by the jackboot of this government.  All so everyone will have a poor experience and nod obediently when they tell you the NHS is failing and needs to be replaced by the private business interests of their chums stateside.

We did get her mum seen to and she's still in hospital and will need to be for a few days.  None of this will cost her a penny.  Based on what I saw last night, anyone working in the frontline of the NHS is a fucking hero.

So fucked. Keep voting Tory damn plebs.

Jimster

Jimster

Jimster

Many of the "Scrap the NHS!" pitchfork/burning torch chants will be fuelled by the the accusations of wastefulness and incompetence.  I cannot say that the experience last night was devoid of either, but my biggest is mostly levelled at the gatekeepers to A&E, who I suspect are outsourced via the same Rent-a-C**t outfit that provide your least-favourite bouncers at your least-favourite venue.

Seems front-of-house must call for a very specific set of skills.

Last night we'd been told the MIL had been moved to "Majors" and we had to find her there.
    Two security guards stopped us on the way in, made us take off the brand-new masks we'd put on 10 seconds earlier and put on nhs disposables.
    Then my wife said "Where's Majors, please?" - he replied we'd have to ask at reception.  The reception queue was about 12 deep.
    She said "You work here, don't you know?" - he said he did know where it was, but wasn't allowed to tell her.
    I got in the queue with an disposition.

She then asked a passing doctor who told us exactly where it was.

Then the security guard had to get in the queue for A&E reception because my wife's glare had burned his eyes out.

FFS. Maybe I can take Dutch citizenship.

But Mrs D is Spanish, no?  So you can get a Spanish passport and live anywhere in the EU as you please?  Don't you already have more passports than Jason Bourne?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    We're having this issue in my country. Conservative by design are strangling the public health system. Pushing to bring more private options and make themselves rich off of sick people. The latest is Nurses have been stuck with raises under inflation for over a decade. 3 years ago the conservatives pushed through a bill that capped all public servants to 1% raises each year. For nurses, they are now leaving the system at about double the normal rate. Now hospitals have to close for periods of time because staffing issues. The conservative want to just bring in more international nurses. Meanwhile the powers that be push with the agenda that this is proof the public system is crashing. 
    JimsterDuderonomy