TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    I watched the highlights last night, I believe the proper term to describe it is comprehensive
    Duderonomy

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Neutrals might be cheering for a Manure victory against Citeh today (in terms of keeping the title race interesting), but as a Gooner I want Citeh to not just beat them, but to crush Manure so utterly that it destroys their soul. I want Tevez-esque running past the bench celebrating, noisey neighbouring, farting in their general direction.

Arsenal are in the mix for top 4. If Chelsea slip up, 3rd is possible.

COYG!

Up the Arse! Isn't that what you gooners say?

I'll be watching the replay of that match later because nothing freudens my schaden more than watching Man Utd get a proper pasting.

I hope Leeds manage to stay up, relegation would be harsh on them. Apparently Burnley and Watford are doing their part to make that happen...
    Duderonomy

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Un*ted were clueless in the second half, Sancho is the only one who looked up for it.  The rest of them are either not good enough or just there to cash the cheque.  SAF would have exploded fatally.

Obviously the way City set up, they will concede to a well-drilled and pacy counter attacking side, but they accept this as the cost of doing business in such fashion.

Hopefully Pep has also finessed the algorithm over last year's abject failure in the CL.  Tuchel called it perfectly and they have the squad to shut the game down, if not outgun City.

Should still be a close one.

Arteta VINDICATED?
    Duderonomy

RE: Leeds, seems harsh that Biesla got the boot after the cavalier football his side brought to the league last season, and while I don't follow them that close, it doesn't seem like there was much investment in the squad this year. Kalvin Phillips has been out for a few months and nobody else could do what he did and/or Biesla refused to change the tactics? Something odd happened to them.

Citeh dominated. Was surprised how long it took for the oles to start ringing out as they'd been passing it around training cones most of the second half. The depth of that squad. A few months back and Gundogan seemed to be the undroppable integral piece of the midfield that kept everything ticking over and Sterling the focus of a lot of attacks. Yesterday both on the bench and weren't missed at all.

If Arsenal are to stay competitive we need more squad depth. Imagine a serious injury to Saka. Nobody could step in and fill the whole he'd leave in our team. But Arteta and TEH PROCESS does indeed look vindicated, especially after the start we had to the season, and a top 4 spot is ours to lose. 3 amazing team goals against Watford yesterday. They scored a worldy bicycle kick that nobody is really at fault for, and bundled in another after a calamitous pass from Xhaka launched a counter attack, but most of the game was pure domination. With a decent striker up top (sorry Laca) and we would've had 4-5 goals easy.

UP THE ARSE!
    ppadilha

Leeds have one of the lowest budgets in the Prem, so what Bielsa got out of that team is kind of insane. With transfers, I think there was a reluctance to just bring in players to fill spots because his system takes some time to adapt to. It's the same with Pep but he's got 100x the money and now can afford the luxury of benching Grealish for a year until he gets a hang of things. But Leeds had a thin squad and got absolutely fucked by injuries. Phillips and Bamford have missed most of the season, and I don't think he's been able to field his first choice defense. Raphinha has been responsible for most of their points I think. Replacing Bielsa was probably a last-ditch attempt to save their season, but the counterargument is that once Bamford and Phillips get back they would have turned things around anyway.

Here's hoping Bielsa will now pitch up again at Newell's, where he will be reunited with Messi under those murals of Maradona, a moment predicted in scripture somewhere as the first sign of humanity's redemption.
    Jimster

Bielsa's mindset/gameplan is his weakness - if there aren't enough players fit to make it work, there is no "Plan B".

I feel he's been unlucky and would have stayed up had the side remained intact.

NEWELL'S VINDICATION AWAITS

Hmmmmm. Abramovich has assets frozen, leaving him unable to sell Chelsea, and the club unable to buy or sell players.

A big fat LOL if the club goes into administration.
    Jimster

Always a grey area about having rich "Businessman" owners - getting rich usually involves generating massive profits, and massive profits are usually a symptom of someone overcharging a lot for something.  Or just plain gangsterism.  

https://www.football365.com/news/ranking-premier-league-owners-morals-bin-salman-abramovich-mansour

City only made #2 on the baddie list.  Not sure the boss man is that bothered about camel racing but in the world of "Whatabouts", the old tar-brush gets a real workout.

Kronke hasn’t been too bad. Not as parasitic as the Glazers (absolute scum, but extreme schadenfreude when Manure landed them as a result of greed), but obviously not a football decision, just another investment for his portfolio.

RIP to the legend Freddy Rincón
    DuderonomyJimster

SAF was giving off some serious blobfish vibes sitting in the crowd at Anfield yesterday
    Duderonomy

This race for champions league spots is not doing my mental health any good. Arsenal dropped valuable points last week, midfield lynchpin Partey out for the season - I was fearing the worst against Chelsea.

And we come away with a 2-4 victory at Stamford Bridge. Get. The. Fuck. In.

I think 4th spot might go down to that final re-scheduled derby against Totteringham Hotspuds.

Some Chelsea players are phoning it in as they’re out of contract and the ownership situation still hasn’t been settled, while Manure look like an expensive sports car being driven by a blindman. Conte is the biggest factor. He can get a tune out of a stringless piano and has the winning mentality Spurs have so often lacked. Arsenal? Still nerve-shreddingly inconsistent. Exhilarating at times, and calamitously naive at others. I want top 4 simply to ensure our young talent isn’t poached by Liverpool, Citeh, Manure etc.

Spurs are not yet the machine Conte demands.  Blown some games they should have strolled.  Best of luck getting a CL spot.  I think it's doable.  I watched the whole Chelsea game and Arsenal wanted it more.

As the dismount for the Pommel horse routine that is 21/22 fast approaches, I do feel LFC are stronger at the mo.  City will miss Kyle Walker for the CL semi, who was having, for me, his best ever season in a City shirt.  It won't weaken City that much but against Real or LFC, it's a liability.  I like Zinchenko but not covering for Walker.  He's not fast enough.  City leave a lot of space at the back and Benzema hasn't slowed down at all, and is absolutely lethal this year.  

I see a Pool-Real final, I know it's a glass half-empty mindset.

But maybe if I drink enough, I can manifest Grealish transitioning from a boy to a man before our very eyes and skilling in back-to-back hattricks.  With a new haircut.  

I suspect it would require more booze than we got through in London, L*o.  
    Duderonomy

I think Grealish will come good once he's found his place within the Pepball system. The talent's there - I'd have him over Sterling every time - and he's still relatively young and can go on to be your next KDB IMO. As for Arsssenal, the points dropped against Palace & Brighton were just killers. Not sure how we make up for those. Still, a win against Manure on Saturday will cheer me up no end.

Get in! Arsenal 3 Man U 1

@Jimster who's going through in the CL after last night's action? Real look very vulnerable and Citeh could've/should've had more goals. Walker back for the next leg?

Benzema is undoubtedly one of football's prime cunts (Valbuena-R) but damn, helluva player.

Watched both semis (ayo).

City game was brilliant and frustrating, put 4 past La Liga's finest, the Spanish champions elect and win the match, yet everyone is telling City they have lost and we should be down about it?  This is a team that not that long ago were looking to Joey fucking Barton or Niall Quinn to snatch a result.

It should have been more, correct, but on other days, those chances go in.  By any measure, City dominated the match, fact.  And, moreover,  won.  Surely there are a lot of positives to take.

I was pessimistic to start with but after 10 mins Real looked like they were 2 KOs in and dizzy.  I don't see any reason why City can't repeat the effort, there may be returning starters but like you said, with Kyle Walker on, no way are we giving Vini Jr a chance like that.  Walker would take the foul if not make the tackle.  At least you know he wouldn't lose a footrace.

From what I've seen so far, my call is City & Pool.  

Was there a football match played recently?  I wasn't aware.

What was the score?

I didn't watch the game (and refuse to see the highlights) but I had checked on the score around the 80 min mark. Puked in my mouth a bit after I saw the final score. The only team I think I hate more than Real Madrid are Lazio, but it's a close call. I can't stand the thought of them winning this again, but I think Klopp will tell his team to show no mercy and make sure every shot goes in.
    Duderonomy

I think I agree re: Madrid. Perhaps the only thing better than seeing them getting knocked out by Citeh would be if they lose 3-0 to a Mo Salah hat-trick (and he celebrates each one in front of the Madridistas by rubbing his shoulder).

I would like to see LFC stuff it to Real.  There's no way that Real play better football.

The only explanation I can give for City is that if they had a striker, the tie would have been over after the first leg.

I am not saying City deserve to be in the final, because they allowed two goals in one minute, after supposedly subbing on fresh defensive players.  That was unacceptable and made them unworthy finalists.  But in a cup competition, there is no opportunity for consistency to triumph over opportunism, and Real are the masters of opportunism.

I don't see LFC folding.

any of you ever wander into The Vinyl Whistle in Leeds and run into Premier League referee Jon Moss?

Haaland for half a Grealish! That's like winning a trophy right there.

But don't you dare try and palm us off with Jesus. Not interested in another lightweight ineffective striker. Reckon he's got a career in the less physical La Liga, but we need someone with more presence.

I'd take Bree Embolo. He impressed me at the Euros for Switzerland.

Haaland for half a Grealish! That's like winning a trophy right there.

But don't you dare try and palm us off with Jesus. Not interested in another lightweight ineffective striker. Reckon he's got a career in the less physical La Liga, but we need someone with more presence.

I'd take Bree Embolo. He impressed me at the Euros for Switzerland.

Haaland will be asked to track back and tackle, which I'm not sure has ever been part of his game, but I am of course looking forward to him scoring Haaland-type goals which have eluded City for a while.

Also City, relatively quietly, signed Argentinian international striker Julian Alvarez in March for 13M IIRC, which also seems good business.  He's more in the Aguero mould (5' 7") but the more strikers the merrier.  I'd keep Jesus as a Mahrez alternative, I think that's his best role, but I think he's had his head turned now.  But I agree, he's not going to be Henry 2.0.

I think your last good 'un was Adebayor.

SAY SUMFIN'.

I don't know Embolo, but just asked my eldest - AKA the FIFA library.  He rates him.

Duderonomy

Jesus is ok, he would fit well with the whole Arsenal passpasspasspass-then-never-actually-shoot style. You could get some vintage wengerball again.

I think they should go for Emmanuel Dennis from Watford, dude has done pretty well considering the shit team he's in.

ppadilha said:
    Jesus is ok, he would fit well with the whole Arsenal passpasspasspass-then-never-actually-shoot style. You could get some vintage wengerball again.

I think they should go for Emmanuel Dennis from Watford, dude has done pretty well considering the shit team he's in.

Exactly why I don’t want Jesus. As nice as it is to fantasize, securing champs league is the first step. Doing it at Tottenham would be so good I almost feel like I don’t deserve to see that LOL.

Dennis - not really paid attention to his work.

Re: Adebayor, he was much better than Bendtner. Wish Wenger had made a footballing choice and kept Adebayor, but I can see the logic in the decision to move the man who threw the punch. I also think that was an unfortunate effect of Henry’s ego: I think Adebayor learnt arrogance from #14.

Not the most prolific, but Giroud was great for the team. Amazing hold up play, link up play, defensive headers at corners… plus he was a handsome bastard.

Well fuck, that didn't go well.

Conte telling man fi no whinge.

Conte is proper slimy and wishes he had Arteta's hair.