Rep Your Whiskey (Whiskey R)

12346»

Comments

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 2,992 Posts
    Had this out West a few years back and only just found a bottle locally the other day.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,756 Posts

yes, nerding ooot.

What up foll? I'm coming to your place for drinks!!!!!!!!!!

looking good...down with the scottish steez...highland park like what? dallwhinne to the DOME!

I love that peety, smokey taste...wife hates it. she asks me to brush my lungs. but, on our wedding she gave me a bottle of scapa, as it is from Orkney, where sirgareth the kitchen knight came from (so is Highland park.)

ahh, whiskey.

RIP Gareth... Hope you're drinking the ultimate whisky upstairs.

Duderonomy

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,694 Posts
    Damn, thought this was going to be a whiskey related bump.

RIP indeed.

• JimsterJimster Big scene at Nando's 6,714 Posts
    Wow 41 is no age.  I'll raise a wee dram over the festive season to Gareth.

In a whiskey-R bump, it'll be a dram of this:

Got into the practice, as you do when your friends are all making real-world moves and visits become less frequent (+ Covid), of keeping a bottle from each of them at home, so every time they visit, we can continue the project.  This one from me old mate Casso from Navan.

Jimster said:
    Wow 41 is no age.  I'll raise a wee dram over the festive season to Gareth.

In a whiskey-R bump, it'll be a dram of this:

Got into the practice, as you do when your friends are all making real-world moves and visits become less frequent (+ Covid), of keeping a bottle from each of them at home, so every time they visit, we can continue the project.  This one from me old mate Casso from Navan.

RE: Irish whisky, Teeling is a smooth drop.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 2,973 Posts
    My brother is a whiskey aficionado and he thinks this is the best. I'm a cheap beer man and the most sophisticated I get is an extra spicy Bloody Mary, so I'll take his word for it.

Duderonomy

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,853 Posts

Milam & Greene Triple Cask has been my favorite lately 
    Duderonomy

Have to say this is lovely btw. Aged in different casks and it’s made a delicious sweet smoke flavour.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,853 Posts
    Another one that I got recently. Joseph Magnus Bourbon (triple cask finished) is a straight bourbon whiskey aged in white oak and finished in Oloroso sherry, Pedro Ximénez and Cognac casks. 

Duderonomy

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,756 Posts

My current go-to.
    DuderonomyJimsterbillbradley

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 858 Posts

Nikka's Taketsuru is my jam, or used to before it became impossible to get (geographical reasons including). I heard they changed the formula but this was always the go-to solid Japanese whiskey that never disappointed.

Repping something local, there is an Icelandic whiskey called Flóki. No idea whether it tastes good or not.
    billbradleyJimster

I checked that Flóki : https://malva.shop/products/floki-icelandic-3-years-old-single-malt-whisky-sherry-cask-finish-47-vol-0-5l-in-giftbox?variant=41638714081504&currency=EUR&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic

"Colour: Rich gold.
    Nose: Spicy heather, red berries, vanilla, notes of star anise, oats, cinnamon.
    Taste: Sweet fruity, cherries, berries, notes of oak aromas, savory.
    Finish: Long lasting, sweet, cereals, allspice."

Looks nice, will add to wishlist.  If you get to taste it beforehand, let us know.

A friend of mine was in a bourbon collecting group in Houston before he passed away 4 years ago. He and some friends dug hard for rare whiskey bottles and entered the lottery drawings to get the mega raers when they became available. Some of those shops may only get one bottle of a particular rare and there are 100 guys lined up to buy it usually. So the lottery program is pretty common around the shops that carry the high end bottles. When you buy a barrel pick from a particular shop you get a lottery ticket that can be used for one of the drawings. This shop I visited yesterday carries bottles that have been selected by the Bourbon Hounds of Houston sometimes also. They had the two below so I picked up one of each.

Lee W Sinclair Four Grain (Barrel selected by Ryan's Liquors)
    Rebel Cask Strength (Barrel selected by Bourbon Hounds of Houston)

DuderonomyJimster

Mondeyano said:

Nikka's Taketsuru is my jam, or used to before it became impossible to get (geographical reasons including). I heard they changed the formula but this was always the go-to solid Japanese whiskey that never disappointed.

Found a bottle of this in Bakewell today, of all places.  Not opening it until I've lost 20 lbs 

ketanbillbradleyMondeyano

• Did a dry January and then went and got a dose of the old COVID plague. I just realised that I finished my last dregs of Whisky making Toddies when I was sick. 

Being a Scottish dram lover but living in Finland sucks as its so expensive here. 

Need to visit home and get me some duty free Springbank and Glenfarclas.