Rep Your Whiskey (Whiskey R)

Comments

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    LOVE me some whiskey! prefer bourbon though.

when i'm feeling like spending a little more than usual i reach for this excellent drank:

but lately my regular go to is this guy:

some people scoff at using bourbon in a manhattan but buffalo trace mixes up beautifully in a perfect manhattan with a twist

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

my current rotation

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Finished my Blanton's and my Knob Creek Rye, so went with this. It is highly recommended!

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    Single Malt only and Islay if possible. Lagavulin and Ardbeg, yes.

Right now we're trying this one:

Bruichladdich, Islay Single Malt, 10 years

It's surprisingly well rounded for a 10 year old and still it is kinda wild. (Sometimes it's more challenging to drink a younger Whiskey that isn't that well behaved like the old ones.) Curious to try the older Bruichladdichs when this bottle is finished. As long as it's summer I don't feel like drinking Whiskey though. More like this:

Duderonomy

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    More recently

This one here- beautiful.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I'm definitely on that Macallan 12. Love it.

I like a little bit of Laphroaig every once in a while, but not enough to actually go buy a bottle of it.

• Got a bottle of this on sale for $20. Pretty damn smooth, especially for 92 proof

• I'm generally a Bushmill's guy and I love an occasional Basil Hayden, but in my neck of the woods no one has a conversation about whiskey without singing the righteous praises of this stuff.

If you haven't tried it I whole heartedly recommend it! :beerbang:

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

here are my bottles....glenfarclas is the best i cant wait to cop the 25

bassie
    that t?? bheag is such a good blend for the value...since the distillery is located super close to talisker's it like 70% talisker for half the price
    anyone who only drinks jameson will get their mind blown with this for a few dollars more

Cot daaayum pcmr, that's a nice selection!

pcmr said:

that t?? bheag is such a good blend for the value

Have you tried the Black Bottle? Best blended I've had.

• alieNDN said:
    Watch there be a Sideways 2: This time it's Scotch

it's called Angel's Share, and it's mediocre.

btw.

this my shit

• Bulleit is the shit.

For scotch, I most often pour Oban.

As a gift, I received a bottle of Highland Park Thor, which is insanely good and makes me cry that I have to ration it so carefully.

• vintageinfants said:
    alieNDN said:
    Watch there be a Sideways 2: This time it's Scotch

it's called Angel's Share, and it's mediocre.

btw.

this my shit

Bulleit is good, but the best under $30 bottle I've tried is:

Tastes like it should cost much much more.

• VeeEightVeeEight 325 Posts
    my new favourite

• Nice thread, lots of gold! Very envious of the range of ryes and Bourbons available in America and their prices. By the time they get to Australia, even the entry level stuff has swelled significantly in price. Funnily enough, as I type, I'm working my way through some Baker's 7yo. Around the A$80 mark if I remember correctly. On the upside, word is it's easier to get the ultra-rare Pappy van Winkle gear down under than stateside, only we pay significantly more than you guys do.

• DawhudDawhud 213 Posts
    Aberlour

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Recently tried some of this. The Chardonnay finish makes it very smooth.

Also been enjoying this....

Holed-up indoors with this

It's some good sheeet, mang. Is cask-strength the term they use for stronger whisky's? So necessary imo as I was drinking that Glenlivet French Oak reserve like it was very tasty water.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Guys,

I roll with this:

...smooth as silk.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• go to

for the flask

drinking a lot of Sazeracs

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Guys,

I also ride for this:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    1792 bourbon

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    RAJ said:
    1792 bourbon

This

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    This has been my go-to lately.

Still have an unopened bottle of this for a special occasion. :necessary:

day said:
    This has been my go-to lately.

Buffalo Trace & Knob Creek have both become reasonably easy to find in bars over here now (UK), I think I prefer the Trace (just). I only know of one bar that serves Blanton's though

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    mrboogieman88 said:
    I'm generally a Bushmill's guy and I love an occasional Basil Hayden, but in my neck of the woods no one has a conversation about whiskey without singing the righteous praises of this stuff.

If you haven't tried it I whole heartedly recommend it! :beerbang:

Sorry man, I have to disagree. I have a bottle, and I think it represents a lot that's wrong with non-distiller producers. This is just generic MGP juice--a giant commercial distillery in Indiana that makes a lot of the whiskey that goes into brands that don't distill, like Templeton. The marketing is goofy, and is pretty intent on conveying that Templeton is distilled in Iowa or wherever in some fancy old style. Pure bs. There's nothing inherently wrong with packaging spirit you don't distill, but there's a lot wrong with pretending you distill when you don't.

Anyway, I'd take a lot over this. At this pricepoint, Willet Family Reserve for days.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Bulleit is good, but the best under $30 bottle I've tried is:

Tastes like it should cost much much more.
    Co-Sign. Followed by Weller 12.