what r u listen'n 2

Comments

• DanswiftDanswift U.K. 18 Posts
    Mos Def 'Black On Both Sides'

The Hip Hop Years Soundtrack (Documentary originally broadcast on Channel 4 UK TV .
    Loose Change 'Live At The Grainstore'  

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    this joy orbison album has got me pressing repeat

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    Yosemite/Mammoth road trip playlist so far:

Gong "You"
    'Acid Nightmares' comp on Numero
    Showbiz & AG "Runaway Slave"
    Television "Marquee Moon"
    Jupiter Maça "A Setima Efervescencia"
    Sun Ra "The Solar-Myth Approach vol. 1 and 2"
    Rico "Man From Wareika" / "Wareika Dub"

• Hey Girl-The Temptations

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
     I picked up a copy of this LP last week. It's pretty chill. The entire album is steamable on Soundcloud.

Electrode

I bought Konstrukt and Joe McPhee's "Babylon" several years ago and just now got around to listening to it. Damn, it is good.

• been on a youtube african tracks trawl

billbradley

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    The Hiroshi Suzuki - Cat LP was just re-released on 180G vinyl with half speed mastering. Only a few OG copies have turned up for sale over the past few years and have gone for $800. The previous reissue had been selling for $100 for a while now also. 

Jimster

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    The Hiroshi Suzuki - Cat LP was just re-released on 180G vinyl with half speed mastering. Only a few OG copies have turned up for sale over the past few years and have gone for $800. The previous reissue had been selling for $100 for a while now also. 

Such a chill track.  Whenever I see this I always think of the Tarika Blue set:

billbradleyDuderonomy

That's another raer one.

The instrumental version of Space A La Mode..wasn't aware of this until recently,and a track I absolutely love.

DuderonomyYemsky

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts

This album ("Tonk of the Lawn") was a huge cult classic in Iceland in the early 2000s. A (mostly) visual artist made it, put it it out on CD and from it this was a minor radio hit. I listened to it a lot back then but slowly forgot about it. He went on to become a really successful visual artist, showing at the Venice Biennale etc.

Cut to a week ago when I went to the modern art museum here in Reykjavik and an LP version was in the gift shop for sale. No record shops carried it, you could only buy it from an art museum's gift shop. Super excited, I picked up a copy, while thinking putting it in an art museums gift shop was the perfect way to reissue an album you thought had been overlooked.

Anyway, the whole thing is on Spotify with an obscenely low play count. Check it.
    Electrode

Si Spex- Death Star Throwdown ( Star Wars Vs Hip Hop)

klezmer electro-thug beats

Mondeyano said:
    This album ("Tonk of the Lawn") was a huge cult classic in Iceland in the early 2000s.

Thanks for sharing. Iceland is one of the countries I have been fascinated with since I was young. 

I've been driving all around central California lately where there's nothing much but farmland as far as the eye can see. These have kept me going:

DanswiftMondeyano

Coming and Going...

Jimster said:

Coming and Going...

I'm putting together a Moaning & Groaning mix and got the record specifically for that track. I didn't realize that the Bjork sample for Human Behavior was taken from that album also until I was listening through it last week.

Homeboy Sandman used it for a funny one a couple years ago

• Bill post up when you're done with the moaning mix. I dunno why but the sex-moan-having songs I've stumbled across seem to put up like, Lou Gehrig numbers compared to non-sex-moan-having songs. Just something I've noticed.

Sure, I'll share the mix when it's done. I'm still waiting on one last record to arrive that I ordered.  Two weeks ago the seller said, "Thanks for the immediate payment. I'll try my best to get this in the mail this week. It's been a tough time for me. Had a pacemaker inserted 5 weeks ago, My 26 year old daughter's fiance was killed by a hit and run driver while walking to his car about 9 pm, it was dark. It's put me a bit behind in shipping. I appreciate your purchase." I asked about it yesterday because it's been over two weeks now and he said it will go out by Friday at the latest. Fingers crossed.

Two weeks ago the seller said, "Thanks for the immediate payment. I'll try my best to get this in the mail this week. It's been a tough time for me. Had a pacemaker inserted 5 weeks ago, My 26 year old daughter's fiance was killed by a hit and run driver while walking to his car about 9 pm, it was dark. It's put me a bit behind in shipping. I appreciate your purchase."

just kidding - those are some tough times!

I feel bad for the guy. I'm being patient though because he had the only mint copy available on Discogs.
    ketan

• dizzybulldizzybull Eerie Dicks 328 Posts
    Jimster said:

Coming and Going...

I'm putting together a Moaning & Groaning mix 

we talking sex noises?

dizzybull said:
    Jimster said:

Coming and Going...

I'm putting together a Moaning & Groaning mix 

we talking sex noises?

You'd hope so.

None of this "Swear to God... Stop leaving your muddy shoes in the doorway!" business.

dizzybullbillbradley

• Honestly that Harold Robbins track seems almost like non-sexual moaning & groaning. She sounds like she's straining to lay some pipe. Points for total commitment though, she's not fucking around.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    She sounds like she's straining to lay some pipe.

honestly I'm just surprised by Tom Jobim's funky sexploitation side, I never knew he had that in him.