How is Harvey Canal a good poaster?

12346»

Comments

• But Sun Ra says that if your blood ain't from ETHIOPS ie. the original Eastern Ethiopia which was located along the Indus River in India and a community that was a product of strictly black Lemurians who migrated there from the Pacific and you aren't a descendent of those ETHIOPIANS who migrated by sea to Egypt and eventually found themselves being delivered from bondage by Moses...then you are a convert rather than a real Jew.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

You might as well quote JAMES CHURCHWARD and H.P. BLAVATSKY!

• But Sun Ra says that if your blood ain't from ETHIOPS ie. the original Eastern Ethiopia which was located along the Indus River in India and a community that was a product of strictly black Lemurians who migrated there from the Pacific and you aren't a descendent of those ETHIOPIANS who migrated by sea to Egypt and eventually found themselves being delivered from bondage by Moses...then you are a convert rather than a real Jew.

someone please photoshop the "always with you" jpeg and replace jesus with sun ra saying "false jew" or something

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

You might as well quote JAMES CHURCHWARD and H.P. BLAVATSKY!

It's not often you see someone reveling in their own gullibility.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    But Sun Ra says that if your blood ain't from ETHIOPS ie. the original Eastern Ethiopia which was located along the Indus River in India and a community that was a product of strictly black Lemurians who migrated there from the Pacific and you aren't a descendent of those ETHIOPIANS who migrated by sea to Egypt and eventually found themselves being delivered from bondage by Moses...then you are a convert rather than a real Jew.

Sun Ra was a genius.
    He did not live in this world, he created the world he lived in.
    Space Is The Place.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    But Sun Ra says that if your blood ain't from ETHIOPS ie. the original Eastern Ethiopia which was located along the Indus River in India and a community that was a product of strictly black Lemurians who migrated there from the Pacific and you aren't a descendent of those ETHIOPIANS who migrated by sea to Egypt and eventually found themselves being delivered from bondage by Moses...then you are a convert rather than a real Jew.

Sun Ra was a genius.
    He did not live in this world, he created the world he lived in.
    Space Is The Place.

• onetetonetet 1,754 Posts
    what i walked away with from the Sun Ra biography, which I only got to read recently, is that he was one of the most voracious readers the world's ever known -- but was rather indiscriminate in his reading and gave equal value to a lot of dubious texts as he did to a lot of classics and genuinely mind-expanding raers.

It made me take some of his seemingly off-the-wall viewpoints a little more seriously than I was ever inclined to do before, and yet... Sifting through the world-view he constructed as a result of all that reading and determining what has validity for anyone other than Sun Ra and some of his musicians could take a lifetime.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I don't know why Jewish people on the board engage non-Jews in these discussions. Gentiles will think what they think & you can't do anything about it. It's like standing at the levy and asking Katrina to come back next week, when you're better prepared.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I don't know why Jewish people on the board engage non-Jews in these discussions. Gentiles will think what they think & you can't do anything about it. It's like standing at the levy and asking Katrina to come back next week, when you're better prepared.

But you're not stereotyping or anything.

P.S.???I went to Brandeis for a while. Am I one of the "good ones"?
    Duderonomy

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

I'm afraid to watch Jesus Camp.

Shit put me to sleep 3 times .....I gave up

• dizzybulldizzybull Eerie Dicks 328 Posts
    I wonder what happened to Harvey. 

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,097 Posts
    Seemed like a nice guy. 

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    From time to time I chided him vis-a-vis tinfoil hats but, like in any community, we benefitted from his diversity.

Like that scene in "Big" where Tom Hanks goes to the dinner in a pimped tux.

"Now that is an opinion!"

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    But not diversity, like, in a Faux Rillz way.

Although I was told Foxxy (sic) was chill IRL, his constant "Sonning" stance deterred many, I am sure.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

My two main take-aways (is that a word?) from this thread are that (1) Harvey was weird but in a funny way, and definitely held some interesting opinions; (2) if this thread had been active, instead of actually replying all I had to do was hit the LIKE button, which reduces involvement; (3) given the nature of a lot of the discussion, maybe less involvement is a good thing, as the shit would inevitably fly once I joined in 

IIRC maybe me & Skel managed to asshurt Harvey off the board after he kept calling us "So damn white", and I pointed out that if he is ginger, then genetically he's actually less black* than we are, and I think that was too much for him.
    I'd be happy to be wrong. Come back Harv!

*whatever that actually is, but the point is it mattered to him more than was healthy for one so melanin-deficient

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    dizzybull said:
    I wonder what happened to Harvey. 

He's living in Austin and doing well. Back when we were actually going out to places we'd run into each other pretty often. He just got back on Instagram and has been posting and writing about records from his collection. https://www.instagram.com/reflecteded/

kicks79JimsterDuderonomy