TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    the most cold I've ever felt in my life was when I spent new year's in Quebec City. The place was lovely though.

We drove back to Montreal and were supposed to spend a day there but got caught in a freezing rain storm just outside the city and spent about half the day just trying to make it to our hotel

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    It won’t happen. Never I say! Endless summer. Global warming.

im a bit scared aboot winter

my impression is that Montreal is a bit more bearable compared to Quebec City just because it's not up against the mouth of the river, but I do remember looking over that glacial body of water, and have about zero memories of seeing sunlight when I was there. I really liked Quebec though, the people seem to have a mix of that dopey canuck humor with the french cockyness, made for some funny exchanges. I remember the clerk at a drugstore got all sarcastic when my gf said she was from Boston, he was like, "oh Boston, where is that? It's like, south of here, right?"

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    DOR said:
    Yeah! Been here since late March, got married, awaiting a work permit/visa thing, so it's been a loooong vacation so far.

Please excuse my ignorance. Where in the Great White North are you?

This place:

Quebec City huh? How are you finding it? Always thought it wouldn't be the most friendly place for an Englishman. Things could be different now I suppose.

So far so good; everyone seems very friendly, usually happy to practice their English too (more so the younger generation), and it's got a really nice laidback vibe. Peaceful suburbs, lots of green & trees, clean air - visitors to Barcelona probably don't really register just how damn polluted that city is, and after 5 years of smog, I'm happy for the break. I'm currently waiting for my work visa, and I guess I'll have a better idea of the place once I've got a job... beautiful city though.
    They loved building churches here. Most have been re-purposed into bars, librarys etc, and the second pic here is the lab where my wife works: religion 0 science 1 

DORJimster

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Made up for you bud!  Looks urn-cred-ee-blay.  Will get there one day, ain't no party like a Soulstrut Party

Duderonomy

Thanks man. Looking back, it’s been a funny old ride from druggy madhouse to married in Canada
    Wifey is super-awesome too, which does nay hurt one bit.

Liverpool looking strong. You worried Jimster?

I’m fuming that Unit Emery has made Granit Xhaka captain. The guy is slow, bad at tackling, decision making, and has no close control. He shouldn’t be on the bench. When he was subbed against Villa the Arsenal fans cheered to see him taken off.

Liverpool have been very lucky that their cornerstones have never been injured.
    I don't think the #1 choices for each position at City have ever played together, certainly at the back.
    City will always be able to concentrate on the league in the final stretch after blowing leads to [insert team here] in the last 8 of the Champions League.  
    Related image
    Related image

Halftime ‘Pool vs Citeh: couple of screamers for Liverpool, how much you missing Kompany? Kyle Walker really doesn’t work back there, would like him playing out wide - then Southgate won’t try playing him at CB either!

Think Citeh will grab a goal but can’t see them turning this around. Great match so far though.

Re: Arsenal, so pleased that booing seems to have worked with regards to Xhaka. Always thought he was shite.
    The bigger problem is that Emery needs to get a style or a vision that the players buy into, some kind of strategy and message that the players understand so that they play with some purpose. Unai always looks lip-bitingly stressed, like he’s having a recurring dream and he knows what’s coming but he’s powerless to stop it unfolding.

I don’t see Arsenal playing like they have a plan and our defence, complete with David Luiz and Mustafi, has to be the most accident-prone in the league.

so are scousers scared shitless about getting excited this early and jinxing the whole thing?

Barring injury, it's over.  
    Duderonomy

DO NOT JINX!

have we reached unjinxable territory yet? At this point I'm wondering if Liverpool will drop another point before the end of the season

Would be pretty crazy if the only team Liverpool drop a point to this season is ManU.

Stick a fork in it, it's DONE!

City so wasteful this season.  Ugh!  And whoever said "We're not paying that for Van Dijk" should keep dey fucken mouth shut at all future board meetings.

I think David Luiz is still a Chelsea player. An assist for the first goal, give a penalty and take an early bath for the second  

I think David Luiz is still a Chelsea player. An assist for the first goal, give a penalty and take an early bath for the second  

music video liability GIF

Complicit in the 2016 1-7 Mineiraço IIRC.  Maybe @ppadilha can confirm this is the official Brasillian verdict?

DuderonomyDOR

Ppadilha has already permanently expunged that from his memory M.I.B. style.

I periodically revisit that game just to watch people in a Brazil shirt sobbing uncontrollably

this was David Luiz's heat map:

notice the one area the central defender was not occupying

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    *emerges from the darkness into a single spotlight, scratches arse, clears throat, belches, farts, grabs mic*

"Could it be I stayed awaaaaay too loo-onnnggg...."

Alright, heathens?

WE DA BEST

Duderonomy

Only time you will hear me say it. Chelsea, you all right in my book... Very cool Chelsea. Chelsea taketh Chelsea giveth.

I would have preferred winning next week, but C'est La Vie.

How do you buy everyone on the internet a pint?

Duderonomy

Congrats Liverpool. You were well on course to storm the league before the pandemic knocked everything sideways, feels only right that the league has re-started and given them their moment of glory. It's been a long wait. Arsenal beating the then relentlessly dominant Liverpool in '90 is what made me a Gooner, I've seen you guys come close a few seasons, but Klopp has taken football to new heights with this team.
    DORJimster

Duderonomy

DORDuderonomy

Never doubted for a moment, eh?
    Jimster

Let's face it, no-one becomes a billionaire by being ethical and not overcharging for what they do, or by paying as much tax as possible.  
    "Let man who is like, a clean man innit, cast the fist brick at the other team's bus."

Pretty sure spending on good players is not just a habit Citeh have.  Let's have a look, top 25 moast hexpensive incoming prem players, and see where City are paying a billion quid each for Messi and Neymar etc. like everyone makes out they can do:

I can only speak on what I watch so:  In the absence of Neymar and Messi, and Joey "Going to a bigger team" Barton, Stevie Ireland and Richad Dunne...

KDB was good value.
    Sterling was good value.
    Laporte was good value.
    We should have stumped up for VVD.
    Mahrez was overpriced 20%.  Still does well when he plays.
    Rodri and Cancelo seem competent, neither have glamour professions doe.
    Stones has been a crock.
    Mendy has been a crock.

*I dunno why the image is there twice.

Duderonomy

Also the purported new Newcastle buyers, MBS und dem (Man's Been Sawing) are having to deal with this additional mud in the water:

"Newcastle United’s takeover saga has been cast into further uncertainty after taking an unexpected twist on Tuesday when the Saudi Arabian government permanently barred the Premier League’s Qatar-based Middle East broadcast partner from operating in the kingdom. BeIN’s £500m deal with the Premier League runs until 2022 and there is now no legal way for anyone in Saudi Arabia to watch England’s top tier till then."

While we are in the miggle east, can we have some more wind in the sails of HMS "Quatar are buying the World Cup and the two F's in FIFA are not the same as the two F's in FFP" please?  Talmbout Citeh players like Neymar, Messi, 
    Mbappé boycotting it.  Let's see what advertising income your backhanders bought you THEN.
    Duderonomy

I always found it strange that Real Madrid, whose training ground was purchased by the Spanish government at a vastly inflated price and then leased back to them for free, have never been taken to task over financial irregularities.

If only Arsenal had sold up to Usmanov 
    Jimster