World Cup sh*t tawk

1293031323335»

Comments

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    so I found the Strut Cup prize, just let me know where to send it!

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    finelikewine said:
    ppadilha said:
    finelikewine said:
    Then came the gaucho dance

what's the big fuss around that dance? I saw the video and thought nothing of it, other than it's kind of silly and maybe not the classiest way to celebrate winning the World Cup. But now people in Argentina are all up in arms saying they were imitating monkeys, which (a) it does not look like they're imitating monkeys to me, and (b) is ironic because some Argentines are not exactly shy about calling other people monkeys when give the chance.

Nothing about monkeys at all. They were parroting the stooping and the sorrow of the Argentines. Then they showed how the Germans stand tall and walk proud. Still disrepectful to make fun of the losing team, imho.

The "dance" was a harmless taunt and did not have any implications of racism like some of the Argentinian papers apparently are trying to read into it now. Cringe inducing and infantile, sure but this is just a healthy reminder that a sports team is just that, a sports team They are not representatives of a people. Just don't give them too much exposure once the games are over. Soccer players should play soccer, if they'd have any other talent, chances are they'd taken a different career turn at some point in their life. I'm sure all of that banging together of heads doesn't do much good to an already challenged brain either.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    "For a man's wit must be small,
    to put on shorts and kick a ball"
    - my father's English teacher upon hearing he was joining the football team.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    so I found the Strut Cup prize, just let me know where to send it!

YES!

Please send to my belly asap.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    The price of funky Ghana shirts not yet falling in the aftermath of WC ending. Wait til Autumn? Already spotted being sported a a fashion item upon the skreets.

In the meantime. I picked up that equally desirable Angola red/gold/black top from the last WC or before, for draping over this honkified frame during the dog days of summer.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    skel said:
    The price of funky Ghana shirts not yet falling in the aftermath of WC ending. Wait til Autumn?

Someone read your poast and has stockpiled them.

Watch ebay for "Signed" BNWT examples soon.

I will knock Strutteurs 10% off.

HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY 7 x 1 !!!!!!!!

• ppadilha said:
    HAPPY ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY 7 x 1 !!!!!!!!

the 1B to the 1A for best sporting days for me in the last decade.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    vintageinfants said:

I can't remember if I already asked this... Wvrst right?

A year ago already? Now the build up to Euro. I'm already ready to be disappointed!

• DOR said:
    vintageinfants said:

I can't remember if I already asked this... Wvrst right?

A year ago already? Now the build up to Euro. I'm already ready to be disappointed!

yessir! we did WVRST for every game of the tourney. it was a strict diet of kangaroo and wild boar curry wurst and Paulaner for three straight weeks.

I'll never forget the feeling in the room during the Brazilian massacre. stunned jubilation for the last 75' of game time, and several hours afterwards.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    World Cup shit talk....alright:

I think it's both sad and adorable at the same time that you dudes are so starved for entertainment that you would take to watching soccorball. My friends and I used to smoke weed and skip rocks on the ocean to pass the time. I was 15 and didn't have anything else to do. Simpler times.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    My friends and I used to smoke weed and skip rocks on the ocean to pass the time. I was 15 and didn't have anything else to do. Simpler times.

HAVE YOU EVEN HELD AN INFLATABLE BANANA?

so since 'merica flopped pathetically and won't be in Russia next year, does this mean we won't have another World Cup thraed?

• djtopcatdjtopcat Seattle WA The 206 312 Posts
    USMNT lost to Trinidad Lol  and Seattle Sounders cup hero Roman Torres put the final dagger in pathetic US team by scoring for Panama. The entire team USA should commit seppuku! 

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    A World Cup in Russia sounds like something I'd be happy to miss anyway. It's not going to be the party of Brasil. And yet Qatar will be even worse!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    World cup talk! I'm already disappointed!!!

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    US soccermans absolutely do need to remove theyselfs. As usual.

Sucks for me they didn't get in, as I imagine the WC coverage the talk the HYPE will be lessened. I love the HYPE! 

I don't watch MLS but I'll check in with the USMNT every once in a while. I guess I'm part of the problem, right? With only so much time available for sportswatching, I'd rather watch the best in the world. 
    Duderonomy

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    There's something refreshing about watching a WC without your team in it - you don't worry or angsty, you just enjoy the football.
    foe