World Cup sh*t tawk

Comments

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    badder_than_evil said:
    I don't agree that Argentina has a better squad than Holland myself..
    I guess it's a close thing. Any team that can bench a player like Aguero has some depth. The Dutch side gets pretty workman like once you get passed it's three stars.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    skel said:
    Would Ozil be the 2nd place least deserving WC winner after Nando?

he's had a good world cup.... and probably gave up 3-4 clear shots on net in yesterday's game alone to make the extra pass leading to goals. sure, they were the same passes he makes in a close game that make me pull my hair out, but..... he's had a foot in most of germany's goals (we call them "hockey assists") and him and the machine-like philip lahm require full time attention, which has spread out defenses and allowed the german triangle to basically roll down field.

Ozil suffers from what I call Arshavin-Berbatov syndrome....where the performance on the field is not graded on the actual output or result, but instead on demeanor. Ozil "looks" lazy and uninterested, thus he must have played a horrible game.

His miss aside, he made an assist and had a lot of key passes, not to mention that he draws defenders with his runs...all overlooked because he did not "look" committed. He's had a decent WC and is a dangerous player for the German team.

He's not the only one who gets this, but as an Arsenal fan i get to hear so many people slagging him, when he actually puts in a good shift, just because he left the field with slumped shoulders.

• 7 goals in a world cup is the equivalent of 14 goals in the NHL, 22 runs in the MLB, 107 points in the NFL, or 484 points in the NBA

Brazil's 7-1 defeat at the hands of Germany in the first 2014 World Cup semi-final broke records online as well as on the pitch.
    The game went down as the worst loss in Brazil's history, the biggest World Cup semi-final scoreline ever, saw Miroslav Klose become the outright World Cup top goalscorer and Germany the highest-scoring side at the tournament ever.
    As if that wasn't enough, the game continued to break records by becoming the most discussed single sports game ever in Twitter history with 35.6 million tweets.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    someone called the cops..... i'm at the precinct ........ gonna get home...... COME ONNNNNNNN LAW SCHOOL

wait, what?!

• ketan said:
    vintageinfants said:
    someone called the cops..... i'm at the precinct ........ gonna get home...... COME ONNNNNNNN LAW SCHOOL

wait, what?!

i used my limited law class resources to fenaggle a friend out of holding at 52 division last night. just completely howling drunk, the both of us. i went in under my own volition and they almost didn't let me leave. and i had earlier promised wifey that i would making it home that night.

i've been known to go a little off the rails during a celebration

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    ketan said:
    vintageinfants said:

wait, what?!

i used my limited law class resources to fenaggle a friend out of holding at 52 division last night. just completely howling drunk, the both of us. i went in under my own volition and they almost didn't let me leave. and i had earlier promised wifey that i would making it home that night.

well played... liquid courage to the rescue!

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts

• toby.dtoby.d 254 Posts
    This one is hard to call, though I said the same thing last night. RVP is apparently out with a sickness, he trained in solitary confinement today. Even so I think Holland will get the job done any way they can. My shout is 2-1/3-1 Holland but what I want is 3-3 and a penalty shootout, obviously.

• ketan said:
    vintageinfants said:
    ketan said:
    vintageinfants said:

wait, what?!

well played... liquid courage to the rescue!

i dont know if i can handle another full day of 1L paulaners.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    I'm on pint 5 and game not yet started

Peroni, Asahi, Kirin, San Miguel, Blue Moon

I'm fukt

I'll raise one for Teh Gaffler

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    0-0 so far, I call 1-0 the Orange.

Euroman Cometh

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Just got in.
    Neither team's centre backs have got near the centre circle... can see this going 0-0 & pens.

Game is boring.

L*o, make summat happen

Let's see if this does the trick...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Both sides are holding back waiting for the other to make one mistake to pounce on.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Let's see if this does the trick...

Achtung!

Why all these dudesrocking two day stubble?

Make an effort bitches, it's the WC semi final FFS

Any defence with Ron Vlasr at its heart is fundamentally fucked

That is all

I want to say

You diss Roncrete, you diss yourself

but you may have a point.

Sign him up Woy!

This Iis going only one way: pelanties

Word to Chris Waddle

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Skelcheck bro.

HarveyCanal said:
    Skelcheck bro.

NO

Pelanties is Teh correct Geordie pronunciation

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    skel said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Skelcheck bro.

NO

Pelanties is Teh correct Geordie pronunciation

Okay, don't get your pelanties in a wad.

Chris Waddle: soccer trickster extrordinair, master tactical genius, known as Magic Chris in France, but he could never, and still never has, mastered the pronunciation of 'penalty'.

And we love him for that.

PEN.

NOSE.

PENNOS.

Imma hoist one for The Gaffler now. I don't care who wins.

Skel must be 8 pints in.

Beer googles on.

Or sleepmask.

Dirk Kuyt cannot pass the ball more than 5 yards along the ground. He works hard, but he's shit with the ball.

God. Penalties. Both teams have been so shit they've sucked the drama out of it.

• explosive dutch offense putting up back to back bagels on the sheet. impressive.

I am WASTED