World Cup sh*t tawk

12930323435

  Comments


  • DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,695 Posts
    Glad somebody is Skel!

    The Dutch don't even look that upset and they shouldn't. They didn't give everything to win the game in normal time, they played conservatively, didn't push forward in numbers, the wingbacks rarely went past their markers... they forgot everything that had took them that far. Twats. Meanwhile Messi has been underwhelming as fuck but may win the world cup and his fanboys will say he's up there with Diego.

    I guess I'm rooting for Germany.

  • skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,028 Posts
    Holland choked

    Why not go for it? YOLO batches.

    Argentina are the one trick pony. Maradona >>>>>>>>>> Messi

    Teh Kraut should beast this average mob.
    But Argie has nous. Oh yes
    But not the Falklands.

    Least top, top quality soccerball EVARRR

  • DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,921 Posts
    Everyone's been saying how underwhelming Messi's been, but he looks as if he may be carrying a knock of some sort.

  • finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    The Sun once again takes the biscuit:


  • parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    Dirk Kuyt cannot pass the ball more than 5 yards along the ground. He works hard, but he's shit with the ball.

    +1

  • parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Dutch side had, what, 2 shots on goal after 90 mins?

    They were playing to 'not lose'. Not a classic match by any stretch.

  • parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Dutch side had, what, 2 shots on goal after 90 mins?

    They were playing to 'not lose'. Not a classic match by any stretch.

    Teh Krauts will crush in the final. Not 7-1, but I'll call it a decisive 3-1 rout.

  • Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    My pop lives on a block in West Berlin that's usually pretty mellow but has been unbearable with the parties since the cup started... he's had to decamp to a friend's house in the suburbs. I'd feel bad for him except that apartment he's got there is fucking swass. I hope despite his years he heads down and has a pint with the hoi polloi just for the fucks of it.

  • OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    Everyone's been saying how underwhelming Messi's been, but he looks as if he may be carrying a knock of some sort.
    He's looked that way all season though. It's possible he has some recurring injury that they're keeping queit, it's rather odd how he's fallen off.

  • OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Mascherano and Zabaleta bossed it last night, had Robben in their pocket the whole game. RvP apparently had some dodgy lasagne and didn't look on it at all. Over all it was rather dull, especially compared to the previous night, Holland's threat nullified and Argentina not quiet managing to play together.
    I can't decide if Van Gal's decision to sub Cillessen in the previous game was genius or folly. A short term gain for a long term loss. It definitely seemed to work against them in this game, he never looked like saving one.

  • DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,921 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    My pop lives on a block in West Berlin that's usually pretty mellow but has been unbearable with the parties since the cup started... he's had to decamp to a friend's house in the suburbs. I'd feel bad for him except that apartment he's got there is fucking swass. I hope despite his years he heads down and has a pint with the hoi polloi just for the fucks of it.

    Really? West of the city has seemed relatively quiet so far (apart from Tuesday night), and I don't think I live all that far from your pops. One of my girls lives next to the Hasenheide, and she said the noise got a bit much after the Brazil game, although she was probably stressing about the exam she had the next morning.

    If Germany prevails on Sunday night, the whole city's going to go nuts.

  • DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,695 Posts
    .

  • Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    My pop lives on a block in West Berlin that's usually pretty mellow but has been unbearable with the parties since the cup started... he's had to decamp to a friend's house in the suburbs. I'd feel bad for him except that apartment he's got there is fucking swass. I hope despite his years he heads down and has a pint with the hoi polloi just for the fucks of it.

    Really? West of the city has seemed relatively quiet so far (apart from Tuesday night), and I don't think I live all that far from your pops. One of my girls lives next to the Hasenheide, and she said the noise got a bit much after the Brazil game, although she was probably stressing about the exam she had the next morning.

    If Germany prevails on Sunday night, the whole city's going to go nuts.

    Not far at all, but his block comes directly off Kurfurstendamm and has several bars and restaurants along it.

  • ppadilhappadilha 2,168 Posts
    In case you're wondering, this website tells you what the score of Brasil v Germany would be if the game was still going on:
    http://brasilalemanhaeterno.com/

    also, turns out I was wrong when I thought Felipão had already said he would leave after the World Cup. Apparently his contract ends soon, along with Parreira, who is the technical director of the national team set up. Neither one has stepped down yet and they held a pathetic press conference yesterday where they tried to defend their work, claiming the team did great in the World Cup except for a "6-minute blackout". The whole thing turned to farce when Parreira, apropos of nothing, pulled out a "fan email" from one Dona Lucia (no last name) praising the team. Thing is, no one knows how an old lady managed to write an anonymous email to the national team's coach, considering there's no public contact info for him anywhere. The leading theories at this point are that (a) Dona Lucia is Felipão's great aunt or something, or (b) someone in the federation's press team made up a pathetically sycophantic email thinking it would somehow help their coach's case. CBF needs to be burned to the ground.

  • mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    [MyFirstReportFromWorldCupBrazil] There are lot of hungover arges wondering around sao paulo today [/]

  • FrankFrank 2,364 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    The Ticos return to San Jose...




    They actually took a regular scheduled flight and the captain decided to fly a low altitude honor lap all across the city... I hope not while waving the flag out the window...

    Coach Jorge Luis Pinto went to my wife's office yesterday to get a new visa for germany. Apparently he's a total sweetheart, even though he had people follow him from the street all the way into the lobby, he still took the time to talk to everybody and shake everybody's hands. My wife said he stayed for over an hour longer just to wait for some of the local embassy staff to call in their families to get a snapshot with him.

  • OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Just a shopping center in Porto Alegre


  • JimsterJimster Big scene at Nando's 6,714 Posts
    So Pab Zab and Masher looking sore for the final.

    It's not looking good, Argies.

  • ppadilhappadilha 2,168 Posts
    Independence Day celebrations in Buenos Aires (which just happened to be on the same day as the semi-final against Holland)


  • DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,695 Posts


    This is brilliant. After the initial buzz he sounds like he's having an angry fight, then he loses it emotionally and begins cracking up.

    Loads more here http://screamer.deadspin.com/tag/local-broadcasts

    Mexico's v Holland is quite impressive too.

  • DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,695 Posts
    Wuuut... get into the house and Holland are 2-0 up against Brasil within 15 mins!

  • FrankFrank 2,364 Posts
    Just got back from buying a bunch of Erdinger Hefeweizen, sausages and the ingredients for a big bowl of Krautsalat mit Speck. I'll also bake some Brezeln tomorrow. My wife wouldn't let me buy fireworks though. Bummer.

  • DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,921 Posts
    Even a Blind man can score against this Brazil side.























    (I'm here all week)

  • DocMcCoy said:
    Even a Blind man can score against this Brazil side.























    (I'm here all week)

    That's awful. Love it.

    I thought he was going to score somewhere in the World Cup, after his great passing in the first game against Spain. Happy he has one.

  • DocMcCoy said:
    Even a Blind man can score against this Brazil side.























    (I'm here all week)

    That's awful. Love it.

    I thought he was going to score somewhere in the World Cup, after his great passing in the first game against Spain. Happy he has one.

  • ppadilhappadilha 2,168 Posts

  • HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    What will all of this do to the price of Brasilian psych records is what I want to know.

  • DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,921 Posts
    ppadilha said:

    Heh.

  • tabiratabira 856 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    ppadilha said:

    Heh.

Sign In or Register to comment.