What was the last record you listened to?

Comments

• This thread made me realize I haven't listened to a record since Thursday. And that was just a couple of my most recent digs from a week and a half ago. I'm slippin'. Last record was either Funky Snakefoot or the Tension Omnimusic lib. Wish I had more time!

• In addition to being a decent new wave pop album, the DARE album

but i thought cool people were only supposed to like being boiled?

posers

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Last night I gathered up all of the My Cherie Amour covers in my stash.

I'm on that 60s Stevie material too. Just listened to

This has brought me in the mood for more early Stevie, so this is coming up next:

That should take care of the next few hours.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Compton's Most Wanted--"Straight Checkin' 'Em" because the beat I made over the weekend is turning into a "SCE" remix.

i need to hear this. I love CMW. I never noticed accapellas on their 12"s. but I only have 3.......

Yeah, I think "SCE" is the only one with an acapella. Or at least it's the only one I have that has an acapella. I really like the way Eiht gets on fast tracks, but once he got into that super-slow dragging shit, I lost a lot of interest.

The remix is still kinda rough, but I like the way it's coming together. I'll probably be ready to post it up the next time a remix thread rolls around.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    hmmm.... last record i listened to was that new Georgia Ann Muldrow album. some nice joints on there. i have the promo with no liner notes, does anyone know who produced the bulk if not all of that album? sounds like some madlibishness.

i got mptrees of her first release. i was under the impression she did all her own productions.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

• Candy Dulfer f/ Angie Stone- For The love of You(Live)

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Black Milk's Broken Wax

• rogbrogb 172 Posts
    i was under the impression she did all her own productions.

she ALL of the beats. even for her worthnothings EP.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    I'll give you my last three:

Sesame Street 10th Anniversary record - this is what my daughter gets when she asks for "Mew-nee" and points at the Vestax.

Nights of Ballads and Blues - McCoy Tyner. We listened to this one over a dinner of flank steak with pan sauce, macaroni and cheese, green salad lightly dressed, and a bottle of Produttori Babaresco 2003. It was a little young, but not as thin as Guzzo.

Lenny and Squiggy present Lenny and the Squigtones. My brother gave me this for Christmas. Nice addition to the celebrity curio section. Complete with poster.

Sorry no pictures,
    JRoot

• I'm constantly listening to the Kings of Diggin' comp. by Kon, Amir and DJ Muro

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I think it was Professor Longair - the last mardi gras...I'm painting the room where my turntables are so I had to move everything out. No more records until I finish painting.

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    Three..

Bad Brains : s/t

C.O.C. : Six songs with Mike singing

and

Quinn Harris and The Masterminds : All in the soul

Good night ya'll!
    Much peace and respect:
    Adrian

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    i need to listen to fishbone.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Lenny and Squiggy present Lenny and the Squigtones. My brother gave me this for Christmas. Nice addition to the celebrity curio section. Complete with poster.

This album isn't bad for a "celebrity curio" record. Any roots-rock band looking for material to cover could probably do justice to "If Only I Had Listened To Mama."

As for me...

The last thing I listened to before I sat down to write this wss "Dadgum It, Howcum It" by the Knights of Rhythm on the Brown Shack label. Bluesy R&B, pre-soul - don't know when this 45 came out, but I'd put it around '62-63.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    David Hykes & the Harmonic Choir - Hearing Solar Winds (Ocora)

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

• what is the last record I didn't listen to?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    The Bizarre

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

The last record I listened to was:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts

• Scuba SteveScuba Steve @steveislikewoah 40 Posts
    Dollar bin lunch find for today- Issac Hayes- You Cant Hold Your Woman 45

Just started the Lonnie Smith- Funk Reaction LP... my other purchase today... mostly cause the TK sleeve was so crispy-clean.  Time for a re-visit.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Aah this is the infamous Japanese record that I stole from Diplo.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Aah this is the infamous Japanese record that I stole from Diplo.
    Hey,

They don't call me Stacks for nothing.  . Cool record!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• para11axpara11ax No-style-havin' mf'er 398 Posts