Where the F*%k is the 2014 NBA Thread?!?!!

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Wow. James/Iriving took twice as many shots as the rest of the team.
    That can't be a winning stagey.

• LaserWolf said:
    Wow. James/Iriving took twice as many shots as the rest of the team.
    That can't be a winning stagey.

that's exactly what it is.....

..... for the warriors.

genius.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    You guys need to remember Cavs were up most of the game. Star power versus team ball. It was a close game.

How the hell do you blame a guy for going 44points? and almost winning the damn game. Who does he pass it to? Shumpert for the three? Mozgov had some easy buckets. But again, this is not the Miami Heat.

James was dominant and is clearly the best player.

He has:

Shumpert
    Tristin thompson
    Dellevadova
    JR Smith
    James Jones LOL
    Mozgov

This is basically Cavs 2K4-2K10.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    you dig yourself a hole almost every time you touch the keyboard

motown67 said:
    you dig yourself a whole almost every time you touch the keyboard

argue my points old man.

*hole

Typical motown shit, even after a win. lol Tired of grading papers?

• James was NOT making his teammates better last night, which is exactly how he dragged them to the finals.

GSW in 5

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    turnovers on both end were horrible yesterday
    great game bad OT
    lebron is not MJ with his fadeaways
    kyrie hurt or just slightly aggravated spelss disaster for Cavs

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    yuichi said:
    They perform better with 'facilitator' LeBron which provides them better offensive balance.

Only problem being, he doesn't have D Wade or Bosh or Chalmers or Norris Cole or Ray Allen or Mike Miller to pass to. This Cavs team is not nearly as good as those championship Heat teams.

LeBron chucking jumpers is just what GSW wants. He's a great scorer but he is not, and never has been, a great shooter. :real_headz:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Irving out 3-4 months with a fractured knee cap. Man they played him too many minutes and he probably shouldn't have come back period so soon.

motown67 said:
    Irving out 3-4 months with a fractured knee cap. Man they played him too many minutes and he probably shouldn't have come back period so soon.

Easy for ordinary joes to critique every single move made by a team/player. This is the NBA Finals. Cavs probably wouldn't have hung around if not for him.

Big_Stacks said:
    yuichi said:
    They perform better with 'facilitator' LeBron which provides them better offensive balance.

Only problem being, he doesn't have D Wade or Bosh or Chalmers or Norris Cole or Ray Allen or Mike Miller to pass to. This Cavs team is not nearly as good as those championship Heat teams.

LeBron chucking jumpers is just what GSW wants. He's a great scorer but he is not, and never has been, a great shooter. :real_headz:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

On some of those Heat squads, he was damn near invincible when he was chucking three balls from 27 feet and making 'em. He started off 51% FG and ended with 56% with the Heat. Credit the overall balance of attack too, but really he was incredible as a shooter during that stretch. Still is not bad at 49% this year. He got injured at one point and it took some time to get back in the zone it seems.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    If LeBron gets everyone involved and scores 30 points, is that still enough against GSW?

They aint stoppin' him, but even w/ lets say a couple of games w/ JR Smith & Shumpert getting off, is that still enough to turn the tables?

And none of the Warriors really went berzerk last night.

Can that backup point guard Dellavadova pull a Jose Berea?

Too be fair Irving wasnt really a factor against Chicago & Atlanta.

Im curious to see what adjustments will be made.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Despite the criticism Cavs have a lot of talent.
    Role players who can (potentially) step up and score some points, and play some D.
    I wouldn't count them out, but they need a game plan that adjusts to the challenges GSW presents and the absence of Irving.

Q: How many children of players/coaches were playing in the NBA this year? How many brothers were both playing?

yuichi said:
    Big_Stacks said:
    yuichi said:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

On some of those Heat squads, he was damn near invincible when he was chucking three balls from 27 feet and making 'em. He started off 51% FG and ended with 56% with the Heat. Credit the overall balance of attack too, but really he was incredible as a shooter during that stretch. Still is not bad at 49% this year. He got injured at one point and it took some time to get back in the zone it seems.

LeBron hasnt won any Finals by going nut. Ray Allen and Bosh were deciding factors when shit got hot.
    In Cleveland he didnt have a Post game. He can now drive, post, and shoot.
    I think he shot too much last night.
    I have no problem w/ him being aggressive, but like Stacks stated, he's not an elite shooter.
    He aint Kobe like that.

LaserWolf said:

Q: How many children of players/coaches were playing in the NBA this year? How many brothers were both playing?

Lopez Twins......Rivers......Splash dudes.....Hardaway........

batmon said:
    LaserWolf said:

Lopez Twins......Rivers......Splash dudes.....Hardaway........

Dunleavy son of a coach

• cavs were less fluid with kyrie back in the line up.

is his injury going to restore some of the team dynamic they showed flashes of during the run up?

addition by subtraction maybe?

vintageinfants said:
    cavs were less fluid with kyrie back in the line up.

is his injury going to restore some of the team dynamic they showed flashes of during the run up?

addition by subtraction maybe?

I don't think that was Irving's fault but more due to the fact that the Warriors didn't double James and therefore there was less and less ball movement as the game progressed.

In terms of adjustments I think the main thing they can do which worked in the first half is if the Warriors dont double James opening up the shooters what they can do is have someone dive down the lane while James is posting up. That's how Mozgov got all those dunks. They have to come up with other plays as well to get the ball moving and other players involved otherwise they're done for.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    Big_Stacks said:
    yuichi said:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

LeBron hasnt won any Finals by going nut. Ray Allen and Bosh were deciding factors when shit got hot.
    In Cleveland he didnt have a Post game. He can now drive, post, and shoot.
    I think he shot too much last night.
    I have no problem w/ him being aggressive, but like Stacks stated, he's not an elite shooter.
    He aint Kobe like that.

Yep, and honestly, his fade away jumper is downright cringe-worthy (and usually a brick). He needs to shoot midrange and down and get his 'others' involved to keep the GSW defense honest.

In other news, me and some old heads went 5-0 at the park Sunday on some Xs and Os shit. Those youngins' were pissed and didn't know what hit 'em. I hit the game winner (a 15-footer off the right elbow) in the final game. No beating fundamentals!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Forgot to say the other play Cavs can do more is have Lebron get the ball at the elbows and face the basket and drive more and that would draw the defenders in and he can finish or pass out to people that would be more open then when he's just posting with the Warriors not doubling.

Watching this new show on NBA TV called film room with 3 coaches breaking down game 1. The two biggest observations so far 1) Irving was getting exploited defensively throughout the whole game 2) more importantly Cleveland's offense was iso ball and stagnant for almost the entire season and it will be very hard for them to get any movement going on because it's not what they do

motown67 said:
    Forgot to say the other play Cavs can do more is have Lebron get the ball at the elbows and face the basket and drive more and that would draw the defenders in and he can finish or pass out to people that would be more open then when he's just posting with the Warriors not doubling.

All of this is nonsense. Lebron knows how to win. lol

Insert Love and a healthy Irving and star power will give the Dubs a hard time. It happens in the playoffs.

As I have pointed out, and as was broadcasted yesterday, Dubs have had a certain amount of luck on their side as well, getting matchups with Elite teams that are without a healthy pointguard. (Holiday, Conley, Beverly, and now Irving). Clearly, all of these teams are significantly better with these guards. So let's not get carried away with this bullshit analysis (both pros and amateurs alike). Just feel fortunate that the Dubs squeaked one out in "unconvincing" fashion.

Yep, and honestly, his fade away jumper is downright cringe-worthy (and usually a brick). He needs to shoot midrange and down and get his 'others' involved to keep the GSW defense honest.

In other news, me and some old heads went 5-0 at the park on some Xs and Os shit. Those youngins' were pissed and didn't know what hit 'em. I hit the game winner (a 15-footer of the right elbow) in the final game. No beating fundamentals!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Ayo, no honor in beating some 8th graders okay?

Props to you for still playing though.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Unconvincing fashion??

67 wins. 3 losses on home court, fucking total, including the playoffs. Coming back from 2-1 against their worst match up in the Grizzlies. And now they are going to beat the best player in the world, in a generation.

Having depth that does not break down at the end of the season or in the post-season is part. of. having. a. great. team. Building a championship squad is part of what makes a team *convincing*. they didn't get here by accident and their opponents, few of whom have their depth or commitment on both sides of the ball, have not fallen apart by accident. Teams are playing 6-8 guys only half of whom can D up and you wonder why they're running out of steam. The rock looked like it weighed a ton for Cleveland in OT.

The Cavs arguably play better (and definitely match up better against the Warriors) with Thompson instead of Love. You don't know what you're talking about

JonnyPaycheck said:
    Unconvincing fashion??

67 wins. 3 losses on home court, fucking total, including the playoffs. Coming back from 2-1 against their worst match up in the Grizzlies. And now they are going to beat the best player in the world, in a generation.

Having depth that does not break down at the end of the season or in the post-season is part. of. having. a. great. team. Building a championship squad is part of what makes a team *convincing*. they didn't get here by accident and their opponents, few of whom have their depth or commitment on both sides of the ball, have not fallen apart by accident. Teams are playing 6-8 guys only half of whom can D up and you wonder why they're running out of steam. The rock looked like it weighed a ton for Cleveland in OT.

The Cavs arguably play better (and definitely match up better against the Warriors) with Thompson instead of Love. You don't know what you're talking about

chill out, i been praising the dubs all season for exactly the same reasons you noted.

that one was squeaked out and all this "Lebron should have done.." nonsense is inaccurate.

I'm the first one to admit Kobe might not have won his fifth title with a healthy Kendrick Perkins in the line-up. Conley, Irving, etc. Injuries play a big role. With all the talk about "team ball" and Lebron sucking, it had to go into overtime. This was not a "dominant" win by any means is all i'm saying.

Coming back from 2-1 against their worst match up in the Grizzlies.

Two players:
    Mike Conley
    FIRST TEAM ALL DEFENSE.

those are reasons why I wasn't on some "i told you Big_Stacks!" steez.

Really it's okay to like shit like this too. John Wall looking like a G on the sideline.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Lebron got 44, Kyrie played to injury and got 25, the Warriors played had one awful quarter and several mediocre stretches, and still gutted it out in OT. But it's not convincing. Ok