Where the F*%k is the 2014 NBA Thread?!?!!

Comments

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    i actually hate James harden

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    what a mutha fuckin game!!!!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    If home court advantage is worth 2 points...

The big difference between Harden and Westbrook (it seems to me) is that Harden has basketball smarts.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

That last Houston possession was shameful. They execute just well enough to lose. Smh.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

the game was there for houston. the warriors with all those turnovers were giving them every opportunity to take it.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Klay Thompson is slowly getting to learn Harden's moves. He had a couple of good defensive plays down the stretch there. Harden still burned his ass w/ 30+ , but its should help Klay down the line w/ those drives.

Im proud for Iggy and Barbosa.

This has not been a cakewalk.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

Yea but are you proud of josh Smith?

By the way, Steph Curry = post- Ray Allen

yuichi said:

Yea but are you proud of josh Smith?

Josh Smith has made a gang of bonehead plays, yet he's also made some timely ones as well.
    You can hatt, but he's in the WCF, giving GS a run.
    So I'd say he's been significant, regardless of your short(very short)-sightedness.

yuichi said:

Ray runs the point?

Cavs look like they're going to sweep

motown67 said:
    CavsWarriors look like they're going to sweep

Steph "Baller Supreme" Curry. Warriors going to the Finals. It's been a successful season.

I think they have a very legit shot at beating the Cavs.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:

Ray runs the point?

Even more impressive, since most of his shots are off the dribble.

No doubt who the MVP is now

yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:

Ray runs the point?

I agree.

But Ray only rarely played point while in Milwaukee .
    And he could shoot off the dribble. Young Ray wasnt some Jason Kapono.

Mark Price was shooting the 3 off the dribble at the point guard position in Cleveland.

But Curry got extra dribbles and still gets his shot off whether set or off balance.

Gilbert Arenas was doin it at the PG too.

The revenge of Dell Curry. Dude had no handles but was spot the fuck on. Dude taught his son to develop a handle to create space.

batmon said:
    yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    yuichi said:

Ray runs the point?

I agree.

But Ray only rarely played point while in Milwaukee .
    And he could shoot off the dribble. Young Ray wasnt some Jason Kapono.

Mark Price was shooting the 3 off the dribble at the point guard position in Cleveland.

But Curry got extra dribbles and still gets his shot off whether set or off balance.

Gilbert Arenas was doin it at the PG too.

The revenge of Dell Curry. Dude had no handles but was spot the fuck on. Dude taught his son to develop a handle to create space.

Off of a screen, Ray Allen was money. Probably one of the best ever doing that, besides a Reggie Miller.

GS Klay on fire. "In Golden State, they call that a lay-up".

motown67 said:
    No doubt who the MVP is now

No question.

Nasty fall though. I don't see how that is NOT a concussion. He hit the back of his head pretty damn hard.

• No one can play upside down.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    up by 25 with the MVP out for long stretches (and probably still seeing 2-3 baskets rotating in the air after that) the Rockets needed 45 from Harden to pull it out.

b/w

Dwight Howard is such a chump, man

b/b/w

would not be surprised if that F-1 was upgraded, and he sits for game 5

yuichi said:
    motown67 said:
    CavsWarriors look like they're going to sweep

Josh Smith Significance....

Warriors in the FINALS.

Batmon or anyone else, use your research skills to go back and find any posts of mine that praise the Warriors all season. I said they were a different team than in prior years. I don't think there is any doubt of this anymore. They've beat legit teams convincingly.

Ultimate test against Samsung/KIA/Jay-Z frontman. Lebron's gonna do his thing. For the Warriors, you can't let Mozgov or Thompson or Irving to go off; meaning don't let the Cavs get easy penetration or put-backs.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    yuichi said:
    Warriors in the FINALS.

Batmon or anyone else, use your research skills to go back and find any posts of mine that praise the Warriors all season. I said they were a different team than in prior years. I don't think there is any doubt of this anymore. They've beat legit teams convincingly.

Ultimate test against Samsung/KIA/Jay-Z frontman. Lebron's gonna do his thing. For the Warriors, you can't let Mozgov or Thompson or Irving to go off; meaning don't let the Cavs get easy penetration or put-backs.

Hey Yuichi,

Yes indeed, GSW proved their mettle during the playoffs. I raised many questions about the team all season (e.g., maturity, heart) and they answered them affirmatively. I tip my hat to them, and their rather quick move up the learning curve has been the most impressive in 38 years (since the '77 Blazers who emerged from nowhere to win the title). To GSW's credit though, at least they were a playoff team prior to being a finals contender. Now, let's see how they deal with Bron Bron and the Cavs. I expect a very competitive series at least as the two conference title series sucked ass.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

The best team against the best player.
    Looking forward to it.

Saw a film clip of a 14yo kid named Seventh Woods.
    Have you all seen it?

I expect a very competitive series

This is all anyone wants, win or lose I think.

Conference Finals were def lackluster. GS had a few good breaks in that
    key defensive members of the opposition were injured, Patrick Beverly, Tony Allen, Mike Conley...
    And you know what GS does on the perimeter. But that's just the roll of the dice, and they have
    clearly been the most consistent all season.

I knew once the Cavs got the ball rolling they would be the favorites. "Team"-wise, I still prefer the Warriors.
    I hate the idea that Mike Miller, James Jones, Kendrick Perkins, and those NY-clowns are all lovey-dovey with
    each other and riding Lebron's D all the way to a title. I don't see too much satisfaction in that, if I were the ultimate
    competitor.

Also with regards to Lebron. Let's say he goes on to win 3 more titles. Get's 5 altogether. In terms of
    "popularity", where does that place him amongst Jordan, Kobe, Magic? Jordan and to an extent Kobe's popularity
    cemented in stone. I think once the dust settles, and everyone gets past the "Lebron James the Brand" aspect of
    his life, we'll be watching in hindsight how this man was truly a beast. Wire to wire, all eyes on him since HS.
    One of the most scrutinized athletes of all time. And he's lived up to everything. Including turning around his old
    team in record time..

The best team against the best player.

Yup.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    thibodeau fired
    thoughts?

yuichi said:

Also with regards to Lebron. Let's say he goes on to win 3 more titles. Get's 5 altogether. In terms of
    "popularity", where does that place him amongst Jordan, Kobe, Magic?

Jordan and Magic are very likable. (I'm talking about public perception.) Lebron comes off as less approachable, likeable. Unless marketers can change that perception I don't think he will be as universally loved as Jordan, Magic. I think Kobe has the same problem.

Think about how these guys are seen by none basketball fans. Everyone knows Jordan, even it they have never watched a game.

On the other hand I can see Curry going far in the world of popular culture.

Taking on Lebron is going to be tough. When we played them with Lebron he streamrolled us. No one we put on him could stop him and he played bully ball driving almost every possession. I still say Warriors in 6.