Where the F*%k is the 2014 NBA Thread?!?!!

Comments

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    yuichi said:
    Coming back from 2-1 against their worst match up in the Grizzlies.

Two players:
    Mike Conley
    FIRST TEAM ALL DEFENSE.

those are reasons why I wasn't on some "i told you Big_Stacks!" steez.

Proppers for acknowledging that, Yuichi. That would've been a different series with Allen and Conley in the lineup. About hooping on Sunday, we took down some real ballers by superior execution. As old dudes, we knew we couldn't run with 'em. The 5-day-a-week workouts have greatly increased my conditioning, quickness, and strength on the court (I was woefully out-of-shape a few years ago). It's nice having the ability to get to the cup at 45 years of age! Back to GSW vs Cleveland, 'high attempts' LeBron (especially his jump shooting) will open up transition opportunities for GSW, a losing strategy.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I look at that Game 2 GSW vs Houston, where trapped Harden bumbles the ball, and GSW wins 99-98.
    Then I look at the next game where GSW wins 115 to 80.

One is a more convincing than the other. TKO vs. straight up Knocked the Fuckout.

In the end, as a fan i'd take the W.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    That would've been a different series with Allen and Conley in the lineup.

Without a doubt. Those are crucial pieces. Like losing Irving and Shumpert (defensive purposes) in one sweep. Good chance Dubs were eliminated at that point, as far as what we were seeing until those injuries.

I realized early on in that series that, Dubs run a "finesse" offense. Everything runs smoothly until they face disciplined and active defenses. Obviously a strong inside game would help with that, but they don't have that.

I def am interested in how an Irving-less Cavs respond in Game 2 though.

The 5-day-a-week workouts have greatly increased my conditioning, quickness, and strength on the court (I was woefully out-of-shape a few years ago). It's nice having the ability to get to the cup at 45 years of age!

Like Bro, 5-days a week??! that is determination...gym or outdoors?

and shit, I'm weary I can't get myself at age 33 into prime basketball condition again. I was joking on FB like 5 years back. "I'm RETIRED from the game. I got nothing left to prove."

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    again.

trapped Harden fumbling the ball is not luck. it's execution.

Lebron hoisting a challenged 21 footer in isolation that rims off is not luck, it's execution.

I'm not saying the Warriors have dominated every second of every game. Few teams do that. They are beating their opponents through superior talent, coaching, playmaking, and skill positions. defense, moving off the ball, drawn up plays, mismatches. Yall have hollered all season about how they can't handle big men on the post. Howard posted the whole series. Lebron posted the whole damn team up and still lost. Mozgov, Gasol, Randolph, Thompson, on and on. Oh, now it's because the *guards* are banged up? OK.

Look at the record, look at the stats. It's the definition of dominant. These dudes are gonna win the whole damn thing in short order and y'all are gonna sit around like, "well, it wasn't *dominant*, if these other squads weren't so banged up..." gtfoh

JonnyPaycheck said:
    again.

Lebron hoisting a challenged 21 footer in isolation that rims off is not luck, it's execution.

I'm not saying the Warriors have dominated every second of every game. Few teams do that. They are beating their opponents through superior talent, coaching, playmaking, and skill positions. defense, moving off the ball, drawn up plays, mismatches. Yall have hollered all season about how they can't handle big men on the post. Howard posted the whole series. Lebron posted the whole damn team up and still lost. Mozgov, Gasol, Randolph, Thompson, on and on. Oh, now it's because the *guards* are banged up? OK.

Look at the record, look at the stats. It's the definition of dominant. These dudes are gonna win the whole damn thing in short order and y'all are gonna sit around like, "well, it wasn't *dominant*, if these other squads weren't so banged up..." gtfoh

Chiilllll. Deep breaths. If there's one thing the Bay Area contingent have in common; it's that they are hyper defensive about their team.

I just got annoyed when Motown was mumbling about some bullshit.

I have acknowledged and been called "bandwagon" throughout the season for saying they have been the model franchise this season. Team-work and consistency have been there MO. They play a very enterintaing style of ball. Nobody's taking that away. A few lucky/significant breaks and they are in the Finals.

Poast pics of you drinking some champagne when they win man. It's about damn time, somebody in Cali besides the Lakers took home some hardware.

I never mentioned luck. The've won fair and square.
    Im just echoing Yuichi's convincing critique.

Coming from behind to Win in OT is dominant?

Plus....how does one say GSW in 5 after that performance?
    The Cavs only get ONE win in the next 6 games?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:

In other news, me and some old heads went 5-0 at the park Sunday on some Xs and Os shit. Those youngins' were pissed and didn't know what hit 'em. I hit the game winner (a 15-footer off the right elbow) in the final game. No beating fundamentals!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

No offense, but I got the same mental picture that Y did.
    A bunch of 15-19yo none over 120lbs getting pushed around by a bunch of 6ft+ 200lb+ 45yo, whose knees and backs could go at any moment.

Congrats on playing and winning. It's execution not flash that wins.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    batmon said:

Because with Irving gone, the Cavs are officially a one-man band. LeBron'll get them a win in either game 3 or 4, but beyond that? No dice. They just don't have the firepower or the savvy to hang, and the Warriors are now over the "holy shit, we're playing in the Finals!" jitters that they kinda had in game 1, so...yeah. Warriors in 6 has become Warriors in 5.

JonnyPaycheck said:
    again.

I'm saying. Everyone talking about no D. Everyone talking about turnovers=poor performance.
    No.
    Turnovers=good D.

Every crit of the GSW has been answered. Where is that high flying, no defense, no post, no offensive set quote?

Last year, SAS good health was attributed to great coaching.
    This year, GSW good health, and their opponents poor health, is attributed to dumb luck.

motown67 said:
    2) more importantly Cleveland's offense was iso ball and stagnant for almost the entire season and it will be very hard for them to get any movement going on because it's not what they do

This goes back to coaching.
    In every series so far GSW has made adjustments to better match up with their opponents.
    That's what they do. That is what champions do. That is what they did in game 1.
    That is what good coaching is all about.
    If Cavs can't adjust then they lose, and they were always going to lose.
    Caveat is that I think the Cavs can and will adjust and this will be a great series.

Under 7hrs.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    yuichi said:
    The 5-day-a-week workouts have greatly increased my conditioning, quickness, and strength on the court (I was woefully out-of-shape a few years ago). It's nice having the ability to get to the cup at 45 years of age!

and shit, I'm weary I can't get myself at age 33 into prime basketball condition again. I was joking on FB like 5 years back. "I'm RETIRED from the game. I got nothing left to prove."

Hey Yuichi,

It's indoors with a combination of strength training (legs on Monday with jump roping, upper body on Tuesday, and session with a trainer on Fridays), cardio (running 40 minutes and incline walking for another 10 minutes or 12 three-minute rounds on the heavy bag on Wednesday and Saturday), and core work (on same schedule as strength training). All the strength training is done in blocks of complementary muscle groups (e.g., biceps, shoulders, and back or chest, forearms, and triceps) with three 12 rep sets (no breaks in between). This workout (along with sensible eating) has done wonders for my conditioning and health.

To LaserWolf, we took down true, grown-men ballers, son! Old man game!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

the Warriors are now over the "holy shit, we're playing in the Finals!" jitters

They certainly had that, but credit hard as fuck Iguodala, fat Speights with his mid-range, and Steph's quiet leadership to carry them through the Lebron/Kyrie onslaught early on.

You gotta give it to Lebron though, he is like the necessary evil and creates better storylines in the Finals. I am real excited to see Game 2.

Big_Stacks said:
    yuichi said:

Hey Yuichi,

It's indoors with a combination of strength training (legs on Monday with jump roping, upper body on Tuesday, and session with a trainer on Fridays), cardio (running 40 minutes and incline walking for another 10 minutes or 12 rounds 3-minute rounds on the heavy bag on Wednesday and Saturday), and core work (on same schedule as strength training). All the strength training is done in blocks of complementary music groups (e.g., biceps, shoulders, and back or chest, forearms, and triceps) with three 12 rep sets (no breaks in between). This workout (along with sensible eating) has done wonders for my conditioning and health.

To LaserWolf, we took down true, grown-men ballers, son! Old man game!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Hardcore. I bought some gloves, gonna try to start hitting the heavy bag soon. For me, last time i did it, my arms were feeling like meatloaf after 3 rounds.

I thought Cleveland's perimeter D was excellent, putting the Warriors in scramble-mode throughout.

This was the story of the game. Cavs pretty much compensate for their lack of a fluid offense by a stingy D. And then you got James Jones dropping a few and it's suddenly a ball game.

David Blatts's focus has been on disrupting Steph's rhythm. It's become quite clear now that the Dubs' offense runs almost entirely through Steph starting at the top of the key. And even when Klay or Steph get penetration, Dellevedova or Shumpert are sticking to 'em, AND they have help defense in the paint. Drive and dish isn't working because the Cavs defense is blocking passing lanes as well. Really disciplined and active D overall.

Warriors need to mix it up quick, maybe with some high-low action, and getting out in transition more.

Excellent defense from both teams, but I'd have to say the hustle points go to the Cavs in this game.

• LBJ > Godzilla

batmon said:

Because with Irving gone, the Cavs are officially a one-man band. LeBron'll get them a win in either game 3 or 4, but beyond that? No dice. They just don't have the firepower or the savvy to hang, and the Warriors are now over the "holy shit, we're playing in the Finals!" jitters that they kinda had in game 1, so...yeah. Warriors in 6 has become [strong]Warriors in 5[/strong].

Warriors sweep the next 4 games.

batmon said:

Because with Irving gone, the Cavs are officially a one-man band. LeBron'll get them a win in either game 3 or 4, but beyond that? No dice. They just don't have the firepower or the savvy to hang, and the Warriors are now over the "holy shit, we're playing in the Finals!" jitters that they kinda had in game 1, so...yeah. Warriors in 6 has become [strong]Warriors in 5[/strong].

Maybe? You got me on this one.

Gotta give it up to the Cavs--they gutted out a win I simply did not see them getting (although JR Smith was doing his damnedest to help the Cavs lose...dude has the basketball IQ of a turnip). But I doubt Curry will have another game of record-setting shooting futility in this series, and can LeBron bring that Herculean an effort every game from here out?

Side note: The Cavs are now 1-5 in NBA Finals games!

batmon said:

Is this a best 5 out of 9 series?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    That game pissed me off. We fell back into bad habits like that one loss to the Rockets putting up WAAAYYY to many 3 pointers. If we'd taken better shots that game would have been ours. I still say Warriors in 5.

I imagine that Cavs fans are a little pissed at the refs.

Two things:

LeBron bring that Herculean effort every game from here out?

Lebron is not the entire defense. The defense won them this game. And almost beat the Warriors in Game 1 as well.

If we'd taken better shots that game would have been ours. I still say Warriors in 5.

Please see my other post about defense.

Both teams were horrible from the free throw line.

If GSW had just hit half of their missed free throws they would have won.

"You've got to make your free throws." Bill Schonely

LaserWolf said:

If GSW had just hit half of their missed free throws they would have won.

Speights needs to make his open-court dunks.

Cavs have slowed it down and made GSW play halfcourt.
    Keepin the score low helps.

Curry wont be dry this long.

I hatt the Cavs offense.
    I dont need over passing college crap, but LeBron at the top of the key for 15 seconds is wack.

This is what the game has become...cats shooting too many threes or iso/pick-n-rolls all day.

Can someone recommend Mike Miller a damn stylist. Dude has the worst grooming for 10 years.

Speights needs to make his open-court dunks.

Oh shit. Almost forgot about this one!! If you watch closely, this is just a domino effect of bad plays.
    1) Dellevedova gets hung in the air, turns it over.
    2) JR Smith lunges at 40:60 ball, leaving the backcourt wide-open.
    3) Speights has a problem at the rim. then knocks over referee.

• Curry did not have a bad shooting night. He was just defended extremely well. With Dellavadova defending him he hit nothing. That's outstanding D.

I hope the Cavs win it all, but I think it'll be warriors in 6. Also LeBron is a beast. Just... a beast.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    batmon said:

Curry wont be dry this long.
    Truth. I expect him to come back with a vengence in game 3. Regardless of how well he is defended by Della'

batmon said:

Can someone recommend Mike Miller a damn stylist. Dude has the worst grooming for 10 years.

Also truth...dude looks like a roadie for 3-11.

Danny Crawford.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I didn't know you could tackle someone trying to steal the ball. Other than that another gut wrenching loss for the Warriors.