Where the F*%k is the 2014 NBA Thread?!?!!

Comments

• raps don't seem deep enough to take the east down... but I can definitely see them near the finish line if they get hot down the stretch.

i feel like giving you all my league pass password just so you can watch a damn raptor game

• can I say this one?

can I say this one?

AMARE JUST DUNKED ON SOMEBODY!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    batmon said:
    For a quick moment, it seemed like Roy Hibbert was going to be a legit Old School, Shot blocking, Rebounding + Putback, Elbow jumper and In the Post throwback.

No dice.

I really liked his game. True throwback.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    LaserWolf said:

I do not think this SAS's or the Hawk's year.

Definitely not the Spurs' year. They're going to be clinging to the 8th spot for dear life, and if they manage to hold onto it, they're gonna get bounced by the Warriors in the first round. The championship hangover has been particularly rough: Ginobili has good games here and there but mostly is playing poorly, Parker has been inexplicably mediocre, Leonard still hasn't regained his form after the hand injury and the conjunctivitis, Danny Green suddenly can't throw the ball in the ocean from a boat...shit is so ugly, they lost to the freakin' Jazz last night to push their losing streak to three games.

• Hey Vintage, did you see the Raptors game last nite? The Pelicans are a frustratingly inconsistent team, but it seems we actually play better when the stars go down and the blue collar dudes step in. I thought for sure we were toast with three of our six out, then our long haired white boy Babbit goes nuts.

As for the rest of you Western conf. dudes....
    I see yall.
    Pelicans slowly creeping up to the eight, I have probably misguided faith.

BatBoy, please to tell me to be serious and dash my hopes with pithy minimalism.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Dont call me boy. Understand.

• I didn't call you boy, I called you BatBoy. Understand?

That was minimal but not pithy. Bummer.

Who wants to talk basketball?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    VI....I will get to see the Raptors play the Mavs tonight.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Rock,

I was actually disappointed in the Mavs the two times I saw them on TV this year playing the Warriors. I was hoping that the return of Chandler would mean their team defense would go up, but it appears they're all offense and no defense, at least in the two games against the Warriors. Chandler rebounded like crazy though.

I don't disagree.....the key to their season is peaking at the right time, having Rondo fit in and the fact that they took a cue from Popovich and have been resting players all season long. My expectations are low in the post season but they will be fun to watch and as a fan that's all you can really ask for besides a Chip.

• hasn't been a fantastic game thus far, but it's been a fun first half. would make a great series.

Typical Mav game....not really playing well......bench comes up big and they get another win.

Full game ahead of Portland and LAC

If these guys figure out how to get it together they will be dangerous.

• damn.

and d rose out again.

that poor fucking kid.

vintageinfants said:
    damn.

and d rose out again.

that poor fucking kid.

Damn, that sucks. Dude looked like he was definitely holding back on his drives for a while....

The "experts" are probably what fucked up his career.

You do not need any more upper body muscle. You do not need a lightweight sneaker. Less weight, less strain on your knees. What part of that is hard to understand.

And presenting this season, the Adidas Rose Clunker 5's.

Tonight the Mavs get the Hawks in ATL......if they can win that one people better start recognizing.

b/w

I doubt they're gonna get one in ATL on a back to back home/away

• Rockadelic said:
    Tonight the Mavs get the Hawks in ATL......if they can win that one people better start recognizing.

b/w

I doubt they're gonna get one in ATL on a back to back home/away

dont set your sights too high there. i fell into that trap going into the mavs game after the raps went ATL, NO, HOU, DAL over the span of 5 days, all away games.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Do Nike pay those people?

Crazy Rondo is exactly what Dallas needs. Carlyle over-coaches but managed a team w Stephen Jackson and Metta World Peace. A little chaos is cool.

Come Playoff time if they weather the storm they can be a darkhorse.

Early everyone thought SAS were doing everything right. Resting their stars, taking it slow. They will still make the playoffs, but they are not looking good.

LaserWolf said:
    Early everyone thought SAS were doing everything right. Resting their stars, taking it slow. They will still make the playoffs, but they are not looking good.

Would u want to face them in the Playoffs?

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    LaserWolf said:

It's very disheartening. People have been predicting their demise for years, but it looks like it might actually be happening.

On the other hand...a lot of this is injuries (Parker, Leonard, Splitter) and uncharacteristically crappy shooting (generating more open 3s than last year, but making way fewer of them). Also, Duncan is still sonning fools because he is some sort of alien/android hybrid.

batmon said:
    LaserWolf said:

Would u want to face them in the Playoffs?

Duncan bested the Blazers last night. He never missed.
    Everyone played, no one was out hurt for SAS. Aldridge is playing with one hand (for the rest of the season) Freeland is out on the Blazers side.

I would love to see a rematch of SAS v Blazers. SAS knocked the Blazers out last year in 5 games.
    Blazers have beat SAS 3 of 4 times so far this year. They might be the only team in the West I would like to see in the first round. I'd rather see them in the second round, but I don't think they will be there.

After getting a beat down by the Cavs on national TV yesterday the Warriors are returning the favor by whooping on the Raptors tonight. They were up by 40 points at one point in the 3rd quarter.

• Joel, was Bogut playing against Cleveland? I only caught the end of the third and the fourth but didn't see him.

Lee with the high score... Smh. I like the guy but he seems totally at odds with the rest of the system. For him to excel the team would have to revert to its prior versions.

JonnyPaycheck said:
    Joel, was Bogut playing against Cleveland? I only caught the end of the third and the fourth but didn't see him.

Lee with the high score... Smh. I like the guy but he seems totally at odds with the rest of the system. For him to excel the team would have to revert to its prior versions.

Bogut was playing and had presence in the first quarter. He looked good against Movgov. But by the second half he was gone.
    Officiating was a little askew, but i dont use those excuses.
    LeBronx went bananas, but not in finesse way. He played Bully-Ball against the smaller GSW. Klay, Green, Barnes, and Iggy..help?
    I wonder why Kerr played him straight up instead of making dude pass to JRSmith & Shumpert, and the rest of the ghosts?

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    RIP Anthony Mason

Anthony Mason was one of my favorite Knicks form that era of the team. He and Jerome Kersey who played for the Warriors for a short bit are real losses.

When Don Nelson arrived he gave the ball to Mason and let him be a Point Forward. Loved that shit.