Where the F*%k is the 2014 NBA Thread?!?!!

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Best dance cam shit since Detroit. KG acknowledgement is priceless.

• vintageinfants said:

if they offered russ a bonus incentive for triple doubles i bet the thunder would win a LOT more games.

i would be a very happy, but broke, general manager.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Westbrook might be the worse great player I have ever seen.

How about paying him a bonus every game he doesn't get a technical?
    Or maybe every game he doesn't yell at, blame, his team mates when he throws a bad pass?

Maybe then they would win more games, but more likely they would just keep their wallet closed.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    LaserWolf said:

Or maybe every game he doesn't yell at, blame, his team mates when he throws a bad pass?

Maybe then they would win more games, but more likely they would just keep their wallet closed.

Hey LaserWolf,

I wouldn't say 'the worse,' but I definitely feel you. Westbrook is too much of a wildcard of sorts to feel confident about executing effectively during tight games in the playoffs. This is how I feel about a lot of the teams in terms of offensive and defensive execution. There are loads of talent out there, but are coaches going to be able to harness it effectively for playoff time? I'm interested to see which younger guys 'grow up' (so to speak), and become playoff studs. I feel that fans jump the gun in prognosticating champions without consider the issues of sound execution during tight games in the playoffs. It's a totally different animal than the regular season. I remember all too clearly the disappearing acts I've seen over the years during the playoffs (e.g., Paul George, James Harden, Peja Stojakovich, John Starks, and Karl Malone to name a few).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• LaserWolf said:

i guess you wouldn't have liked michael jordan, isaiah thomas, larry bird and rick barry. historically bad attitudes towards teammates, only that the league didn't have the nads to even tech them up.

I don't remember Jordan, Thomas, and Bird hurting their teams.

• Dennis rodman has five chips

How many do you think Westbrook is getting?
    Guy is a triple double machine yet undermines his teams chances on a weekly basis.
    Better compared to Rasheed Wallace who is the historical leader in Ts and was also capable of greatness.

b/w

Rodman was a joy to watch, a rebounding savant. I don't ever remember him yelling at team mates or getting technicals. He did not make the list of top 20 all time T getters.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:
    LaserWolf said:

Hey LaserWolf,

I wouldn't say 'the worse,' but I definitely feel you. Westbrook is too much of a wildcard of sorts to feel confident about executing effectively during tight games in the playoffs. This is how I feel about a lot of the teams in terms of offensive and defensive execution. There are loads of talent out there, but are coaches going to be able to harness it effectively for playoff time. I'm interested to see which younger guys 'grow up' (so to speak), and become playoff studs. I feel that fans jump the gun in prognosticating champions without consider the issues of sound execution during time games in the playoffs. It's a totally different animal than the regular season. I remember all too clearly the disappearing acts I've seen over the years during the playoffs (e.g,. Paul George, James Harden, Peja Stojakovich, John Starks, and Karl Malone to name a few).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I think Carmelo is the worst "great" player I've seen, but Westbrook is kinda up there. I can't shake the feeling that for all his pyrotechnics, he's gonna let you down in the end.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Didnt Westbrook already get to the Finals?

Lillard has finished up his college course work and will get his degree this spring.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

In line with earlier discussion, Westbrook pretty much blew the fucking game down the stretch tonight. Talent is great, but great execution is better (for winning)!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

I don't care. Stacks, FYI, the NBA is entertainment. And Russell is a HOF'er.

For the record, his mid-range game is one of the best in the game. And let's not talk about single coverage on him at the top of key. You know what happens.

Another fact is that Westbrook wins games. Carmelo does not.

And another fact is that Westbrook will be a HOF'er.

"If you don't like that, you don't like NBA basketball."

I could go on, but you probably don't care.

Big_Stacks said:
    Hey,

In line with earlier discussion, Westbrook pretty much blew the fucking game down the stretch tonight. Talent is great, but great execution is better (for winning)!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

smh.

one play does not dictate the outcome of the game.

Westbrook got 'em there against a disciplined Bulls team in Chicago.

I agree 100% RW is a HOFer, and a great player.

If I was his coach I would pull him with the game on the line.
    Dude can't win close games.

yuichi said:

I never questioned his talent, just his decision making. In fact, you would have noticed that I defended his talent in my 2nd previous post if you bothered to read it. Reading is Fundamental. I try really hard to give you the benefit of the doubt and not consider you a reading comprehension-challenged, complete idiot. But my, you really make it difficult to not completely dismiss you as a never-played-ball, armchair fanboy who knows nothing about basketball. No need to ever comment on my b-ball posts again, as I will no longer respond.

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Wesley Matthews, #4 3 point shooter, out for the season.
    Started ever game so far.
    Picking up Afflalo is suddenly looking like a brilliant move.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Westbrook as a HOFer is crazy talk in 2015

This might be fun......

Which of the following players do you put Russell Westbrook ahead of on the road to the HOF?

Kevin Durant
    Lebron James
    Steve Nash
    Kobe Bryant
    Dwayne Wade
    Manu Ginobli
    Tim Duncan
    Carmelo Anthony
    Vince Carter
    Kevin Garnett
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Paul Pierce
    Ray Allen
    Chris Webber
    Chris Paul
    Zach Randolph
    Antawn Jamison

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Westbrook as a HOFer is crazy talk in 2015

THANK YOU

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    This might be fun......

Which of the following players do you put Russell Westbrook ahead of on the road to the HOF?

Kevin Durant
    Lebron James
    Steve Nash
    Kobe Bryant
    Dwayne Wade
    Manu Ginobli
    Tim Duncan
    Carmelo Anthony
    Vince Carter
    Kevin Garnett
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Paul Pierce
    Ray Allen
    Chris Webber
    Chris Paul
    Zach Randolph
    Antawn Jamison

Jamison aint goin.

The jury is out on Randolph, Paul, Webber, and Melo. And the jury is still out on Westbrook. He has been to the Finals.

Gary Payton is in. Kemp isnt.

Westbrook has gone crazy w/ Durant out of the lineup. His team is still 8th the West Playoffs positioning.
    He aint MVP, going nut w/ an 8th seed team. I'd like to see a healthy Durant/Roster go up against GSW in the first round.

I dont do the overnight fandom w/ these dudes. Tracy Mcgrady looked like HOF at one time.

And in the meantime Tim Hardaway is on the ballot.

I agree with most of that........20K points is usually a key into the HOF.

Only two retired players have 20K and are not in the HOF.....Tom Chambers & Allen Iverson.

Jamison and Melo have 20K....neither should get in.

Steph Curry has a better chance than Westbrook imo

Big_Stacks said:
    yuichi said:

I never questioned his talent, just his decision making. In fact, you would have noticed that I defended his talent in my 2nd previous post if you bothered to read it. Reading is Fundamental. I try really hard to give you the benefit of the doubt and not consider you a reading comprehension-challenged, complete idiot. But my, you really make it difficult to not completely dismiss you as a never-played-ball, armchair fanboy who knows nothing about basketball. No need to ever comment on my b-ball posts again, as I will no longer respond.

Big Stacks from Kakalak

"Idiots" or maybe old men like you criticize and take the fun out of everything. NBA Basketball is entertainment. Leave it at talented, don't go on some super critical shit every time. No one cares. We don't need no PHD bullshit in here either. I run this place. I would be tenured up in this bitch long ago if it were based upon the knowledge super nuggets that i've dropped over the years. Really, your basketball poasts read like your beats poasts, old, bitter, and completely lacking real enthusiasm for the game.

And for the record, I would have balled your ass up then and probably now (and I don't even play ball right now).

You don't even have a gawdddamn team. Fuck outta here.

It's 2015, but clearly Westbrook is a very good player. Let's leave it at that. Remember a dude named Allen Iverson? You know he scored a lot, people criticized him. He made the Finals once. and he's in the Hall. This is 2015, but let's not be blinded by the obvious.

Team ball isn't the only thing you should be watching when you are watching the NBA. If you want that, go watch NCAA women's basketball.

"I prefer the Grizzlies". That is some bandwagon shit if there was a definition.

Stacks- I'll make it easier for you. Let's bet a few records if the Grizzlies make the second round, and they match up against OKC or GSW.

batmon said:
    Rockadelic said:
    This might be fun......

Kevin Durant
    Lebron James
    Steve Nash
    Kobe Bryant
    Dwayne Wade
    Manu Ginobli
    Tim Duncan
    Carmelo Anthony
    Vince Carter
    Kevin Garnett
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Paul Pierce
    Ray Allen
    Chris Webber
    Chris Paul
    Zach Randolph
    Antawn Jamison

Jamison aint goin.

The jury is out on Randolph, Paul, Webber, and Melo. And the jury is still out on Westbrook. He has been to the Finals.

Gary Payton is in. Kemp isnt.

Westbrook has gone crazy w/ Durant out of the lineup. His team is still 8th the West Playoffs positioning.
    He aint MVP, going nut w/ an 8th seed team. I'd like to see a healthy Durant/Roster go up against GSW in the first round.

I dont do the overnight fandom w/ these dudes. Tracy Mcgrady looked like HOF at one time.

And in the meantime Tim Hardaway is on the ballot.

Exactly, time only tells what a player's legacy will be. A few seasons don't tell the full story. Remember Penny Hardaway? His star (via injuries) fell real fast. How about David Thompson? Vin Baker? Derek Anderson? Gene Banks? I could go on and on with dudes who had shine and fell short in the end.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

yuichi said:
    Big_Stacks said:
    yuichi said:

Big Stacks from Kakalak

"Idiots" or maybe old men like you criticize and take the fun out of everything. NBA Basketball is entertainment. Leave it at talented, don't go on some super critical shit every time. No one cares. We don't need no PHD bullshit in here either. I run this place. I would be tenured up in this bitch long ago if it were based upon the knowledge super nuggets that i've dropped over the years. Really, your basketball poasts read like your beats poasts, old, bitter, and completely lacking real enthusiasm for the game.

And for the record, I would have balled your ass up then and probably now (and I don't even play ball right now).

You don't even have a gawdddamn team. Fuck outta here.

I thought you were a Laker fan, fan boy!!! Now you're with GS? Who will it be next year? I guess the win-loss records will decide it for you, huh. Where is all the Kobe dick-riding you used to do? You don't love him anymore now that he's over-the-hill? I've watched and played basketball longer than you've been alive. Actually, since you keep making this dumb ass point, I'll oblige you and say I'm a long-time Sixers fan since the days of Dr. J in the 70s. Were you even born yet? But, since Sixers management are a bunch of idiots and have stopped trying to build a real team, I thought it was time to finally move on. So yes, I pull for the Grizzlies now as I love their aggressive, in-your-face style of play. Unlike you, I don't choose the currently popular team, but one that epitomizes the qualities I like in a team. All that aside, you're funny, and you keep playing yourself with ridiculous claims like "Westbrook is a Hall of Famer." Really? The guy has been in the league for only 5 years! Time will tell if he will have the kind of accomplishments that warrant a trip to the Hall of Fame. Again, I will say that Russell Westbrook is an incredible talent who could help his team even more if he focused on improving his execution. Hopefully, you will surprise me by reading and comprehending my point this time. Yet, I think the saying is, "It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool then to speak and remove all doubt." So, you keep on talking and making my case for me. There are more than enough folks on here who share my views, just read some of the responses to your posts in this thread. But oh, I forgot, you lack reading comprehension anyway. I guess those standardized tests they administer in the public schools didn't work for you. They do offer Adult Basic Literacy Education (ABLE) classes in most public schools. Maybe that's a better way to spend your time than watching basketball, since you obviously lack understanding of the game. And, middle-aged or not, you still couldn't handle me on basketball court, son! I do still play, and you'd get punked like those young guys around the way who see that gray hair and sleep.

For the record, I don't mind you (or anyone) disagreeing with me. Actually, I like it for it makes for interesting debate. Life would be dull and people wouldn't grow if they weren't exposed to differing views from their own. My only problem with you is that you make statements that don't align with what I have posted (hence, my reading comprehension barbs above and in several posts). You seem to make assumptions beyond what I have typed, which admittedly, I find annoying. Owing to our cultural backgrounds (if I'm assuming correctly about yours), I'm sure you can understand why I would dislike faulty assumptions being made about me. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, hell, sports analysts and political commentators get paid to voice theirs. So, I'm cool with your comments, just base them on what I have typed (which others do and have done in this thread). This leads to healthy debate that doesn't devolve into the bullshit we have going on at the moment in this thread.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• [strong]I run this place. I would be tenured up in this bitch long ago if it were based upon the knowledge super nuggets that i've dropped over the years.[/strong]