TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE-BRITS.COM

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    skel said:
    In this moment

Coming straight outta Latin translation. #1 Offender Pellegrini be all "In a good moment" at this time.

I too hark back for the days of "Gutted", "Stonewall", "Done well, the lad" and of course, parrot-like sicknesses.

• R.i.p. mr. Acker Bilk.

Celebrating life.

Peace, stein...

• Step down to the Championship. "At the end of the day" it's all about "putting in a shift"

• "Head down, Laces, Back of the net"

Commentary on games is in a sorry state. I don't if it's my age, but I'm spending more time calling various commentators names instead of players nowadays. I can't think of one commentator I don't mind listening to. Maybe online streaming without commentary has heightened this.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,099 Posts
    I'm a newbie to this thraed but I don't know where else to turn: if I think the lyrics on this are so so hard, where else to start with Killa P and Flow Dan?

• how well does this translate outside the UK?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Lollers

"Ah cahnt spake"

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    ketan said:
    I'm a newbie to this thraed but I don't know where else to turn: if I think the lyrics on this are so so hard, where else to start with Killa P and Flow Dan?

The link Moke poasted should provide some names worth researching:

I think Moke also poasted a link BITD of a grime MC doing a freestyle outside... he was interrupted halfway through by a woman who knew him... then back into the rap over Nintendo beats. This was wicked. If Moke can remember it, you might like it also Ketan.

EDIT: he was called Trim.

Pete Sasqwax said:
    Step down to the Championship. "At the end of the day" it's all about "putting in a shift"

Is anyone still repping game-of-two-halves?

Duderonomy said:

Say, is this the thread where we LOL at Arsenal?
    You know it's bad when Merson calls you out talmbout tactically clueless

skel said:
    Duderonomy said:

Fuck it, he was right the game before. We jammily scored two late, late goals to beat them, and Wenger was trying to be positive in his post-match analysis, and Merson was slating them saying that it's fucking Anderlect, and we shouldn't be scraping through after 89 mins under the cosh. Last season we looked good as everyone (bar Ozil) was playing to their full potential, this season quite a few players have had a dip in form and we're looking proper shite.

Bit like Liverpool!

Not sure what can be done, but right now Alexis Sanchez is far too good for us.

And now Citeh.

2 down,2 off.

Our teams are fucking woeful.
    Euroman chortles.

skel said:
    And now Citeh.

2 down,2 off.

Against CSKA Moscow. Maaaaaybe it''s just that the competition is healthier.

Duderonomy said:
    skel said:
    And now Citeh.

2 down,2 off.

No. There's only one team good enough to compete, and that's all down to one man.

But you dudes know that.

No homo. Ok, a bit. A smidgen, a soupçon, an ethereal hint of a whisper of homoeroticism.

skel said:
    Duderonomy said:
    skel said:
    And now Citeh.

2 down,2 off.

No. There's only one team good enough to compete, and that's all down to one man.

But you dudes know that.

No homo. Ok, a bit. A smidgen, a soupçon, an ethereal hint of a whisper of homoeroticism.

At the moment, from the Prem, definitely.

Concentrating on the league.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    This thread just hit 200,000 views.

Never underestimate the value of bullshit!

RAJ said:
    This thread just hit 200,000 views.

300,000 were from me.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Enjoy the Mou love-in whilst you can Skel, he never sticks around for long.

I don't know quite how these things work but my 98 yr old Gran was just sent an invitation to be on Come Dine With Me. I'm tempted to reply 'yes, she'd love to', so we can serve the guests up a meal of her favourite Build Up cupa soup. The fact that it's couples CDWM could make it tricky, seeing as her husband has been dead for at least a decade. Still, the pile of dirt would be an interesting conversation piece and maybe a semi senile 98 yr old would be the perfect foil to the over competitive numpties they get on the show.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i signed up my dad for the canadian equivalent..enterntainment for sure

the hazard penalty miss was woeful..anderlect and ludogorets have been tougher competion..the APOEL and Basels have always made it hard for everyone but CSKA is garbage..city is fucking up..they can still make it
    but this championsleague curse will hurt their league psyche

we have to crush liverpool to get our swagger back
    balotelli might want to stick it to old mou

real are playing out of their minds right now

No love for the David James bankruptcy auction?

I have too much respect for the man's feelings to consider bidding on those skated and dog-eared Alexander O'Neal jawns. Cough.

• skel said:
    Duderonomy said:

I'm still shaking my head at that result.

Then again, it's not like they don't have form for throwing away leads, so I'm not sure why I should be surprised.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    neil_something said:
    skel said:
    Duderonomy said:

I'm still shaking my head at that result.

Then again, it's not like they don't have form for throwing away leads, so I'm not sure why I should be surprised.
    Yer, Arsenals tactics have been somewhere between naive and inept for years now. Even when we were good we'd go to United and repeat the same thing expecting different results, getting caught on the counter every time. But Arsene has never been a tactical manager.

• moved up out of last place in fantasy after not fielding a squad the first 5 weeks!!

feel my wrath "scouse brochachos"!!

• skel said:
    Lollers

"Ah cahnt spake"

"YOU BOTTLE-LESS GET" has become part of my daily vernacular. 10-1 it's in the Queen's christmas day ramblings

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Striking.

[removed][removed]

^That is disturbing^

Anyone see this? Full thing was on BBC4, loved it. Hypnotic, beautiful archive footage, and wonderfully scored by Jarvis Cocker. Just remembered it for the acoustic cover of [em]Listen To The Voice Of Buddah[/em].

• Happy Birthday to the one JIMSTER.

have 5 at lunch for me today.

Thanks V.I. - May the wind be at your back, and the Cameosis in your heart.

Also, may your balls fly long and straight :pasue:

Current gig is hateful. I could certainly do five at lunchtime with no encouragement necessary. Alas, banishment of the demons inhabiting this particular corner of the virtual world demands close attention. Faltering is not an option.

Belelt, doe, I will be on the Holy Water ce soir.

Gimme that air-traffic controller gig anyday.