SS reunion Montreal/TO (DjDay related)

pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
edited September 2014 in Strut Central
Hey strut fam

I am in the midst of booking Day for a date in Montreal the last weekend of October and I thought I would extend the invitation to anyone in the East Coast and Canada to come to Montreal and celebrate.

First off it will be the best time to visit Montreal as Fall is the nicest season here

but there is also a record fair that weekend

secondly we could celebrate the launch of the new website by the same token

Finally we want to book a venue for Day in Toronto so any help with that would be appreciated

The venue i am hosting the event at would gladly let us have control of the DJ booth from the afternoon until the party starts and it offers some of the finest microbrewed quebec suds

Raer scotch on me to anyone coming to town

So let me know if anyone is interested and holla about those toronto venues

Comments

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    I'm down for that.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Well-played dude. What's the actual Montreal date?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    i could make a road trip out of that.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    october 24th

your next on the booking list tom!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    oof. gotta work that day.

• I am fucking in!

I am going down to Florida for a wedding in the middle on October, but I make the schedule at work so I'm sure I can work out a weekend in Montreal.

Fuck yeah. I am stoked about this.

• So I just read your whole post...

My roomate is the head sound engineer at Sneaky Dee's and Hard Luck Club and knows a lot of promoters who deal more in rock/punk/hardcore. Might be able to put you in touch with a promoter.

There's got to be a few other Toronto folks who can help out.

The Hoxton or Tattoo would be obvious spots?!? What size of venue are we talking?

I just got home from a nice bike ride after dinner with friends, and this post has capped the night off perfectly. Go Soulstrut!

• Good job getting Day to MTL PCMR! Sounds like a good reason to hit up the 'ol island. Was just bumpin the LP in the ride this aft...

where's he playin?

• my two suggestions were the drake underground or wrongBar (**v is SS alum, no?). but there are other awesome choices and ideas like ravage & rumble which is pretty new (haven't been yet) or the hoxton?

• Wooo!
    Im down for a TO hangout fosho fosho

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    Will try to reach the Toronto show for sure.

Thinking about venues makes me realize how out of touch I am...

edit: The Boat in Kensington is a nice smaller venue.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    my two suggestions were the drake underground or wrongBar (**v is SS alum, no?). but there are other awesome choices and ideas like ravage & rumble which is pretty new (haven't been yet) or the hoxton?

Is there any way to get in touch with this SS alumni?
    I want to thank everyone for their suggestions but i would also need help for legwork as i am not in ontario
    rhis is really a labor if love and it would be awesome if we could book toronti soon
    the promoter or venue head would save on the plane costs
    lets get it

Looking forward to seeing you all in mtl
    the spot is an intimate vinyl head lounge called bleury bar a vinyl
    incredible soundsystem and crazy bookings so the toronto spot does not need to be gigantic either

• im a "definitely" on toronto show and a "hopefully" on the MTL one

• guest list if you bring a shiba inu with a history of substance abuse?

• We gotta make this Toronto show happen!

I'm gonna talk to my roommate and get some contacts.

• Sounds fun! I wanna go.

Is Day coming to NYC by chance?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    would love to go, but it's too short notice. Octobre is booked. I miss and heart Montreal.

• vintageinfants said:
    im a "definitely" on toronto show and a "hopefully" on the MTL one

Same here.

• Danno3000 said:
    vintageinfants said:
    im a "definitely" on toronto show and a "hopefully" on the MTL one

Same here.

Likewise, would love to see a Toronto show. I think Lula Lounge would be a good spot and could get the right crowd. I know a DJ that plays there regularly might be able to help.

• F*ck yeah! Was having a real shitty day at work until i read this post. I will most definitly be there and looking forward to meeting you guys at the MTL show.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

Hey fam this is open to all strutters and if you are not too hungover there is a big record fair the next day

unfortunately we were not able to secure a TO venue (we tried real hard) shouts to ketan and vintage/bassie for the efforts

This will be an incredible party hope yall can join

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    NICE! ^

• 94%

and rising

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    that is great news!!!!
    the one mike bell is also perhaps joining the fray!

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I'm in. Looking forward to meeting the MTL strutters circa 2014. Will someone invite Tom from Mars? No MTL strut gathering is complete without Tom.

Drinks beforehand?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Drinks for sure
    i will ask denis from pick up to get intouch with tom
    if you want to join via facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/events/817309284998282/

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Every attendee must sit in silence while we listen to Leo Sayer's whole discography. :necessary: :real_headz:

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    pcmr said:
    Drinks for sure
    i will ask denis from pick up to get intouch with tom
    if you want to join via facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/events/817309284998282/

I was mostly kidding about Tom! I've little doubt that a decade has only intensified his creepiness. Look forward to seeing everyone.

• venue is pretty much RIGHT at place-des-artes station, n'est-ce pas? we basically always stay at the Delta on JFK literally right up the street.

this might just work, boys. (and hopefully girl)

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    It is, indeed.

Wish i had Sayer paraphernalia. Does he have an action figure?