SS reunion Montreal/TO (DjDay related)

13»

Comments

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    Sorry I missed this, alas I'm in the land of turtle eaters and jade rockers, a world far far away from Toronto.

Would've loved to have some Joe Beef and Le Trou Du Diable on tap. Glad to see everyone have a smashing time. I miss Montreal, truly the most unique city in Canada.

Harrow D@mien.

• oh, i had a GREAT time. that's word to the big homey 'twon for setting the whole thing up, your hard work and generosity with your resources was why this thing went down so well. the venue was a perfect match, the drinks flowed like the st lawrence, and soulstrut commandeered a whole section of the bar to just get up to soulstrut shit. danno, beatchemist, loopdreams, ost, and cove (who didn't pop his head up until around 2:30am, i think.) were all super cool and i would be remiss if we didn't lay plans to do it again. the one day absolutely [em]murdered[/em] the set too. just a staggering performance that the raer heads like us could enjoy, as well as our non-nerd significant others and casual bystanders. a night for the ages ladies and gentlemen, it was a true pleasure.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    absolutely well said and trou du diable is THE brand to try when out here
    i wish i could have hit up the hotel room but that will be for another time
    the homie cove i missed but we shall meet again

• phenomenal gin at the clurb, pcmr. WOULD DO BUSINESS AGAIN.

i mean, i wasn't saying "no" to too many drinks, starting somewhere around my 5pm shower and onward, but montreal just has that special taste to it, for me at least. you know what i mean? fun is never further than the doorway, and it's completely devoid of that stuffiness toronto has, which sometimes prevents the magic from happening.

great times.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    phenomenal gin at the clurb, pcmr. WOULD DO BUSINESS AGAIN.

i mean, i wasn't saying "no" to too many drinks, starting somewhere around my 5pm shower and onward, but montreal just has that special taste to it, for me at least. you know what i mean? fun is never further than the doorway, and it's completely devoid of that stuffiness toronto has, which sometimes prevents the magic from happening.

great times.

i know what you mean and in the summer its even more true..we need to hit up the peluso beer store extravaganza next time as well
    http://images.lpcdn.ca/924x615/201206/04/508013-depanneur-peluso.jpg

• pcmr said:
    vintageinfants said:
    phenomenal gin at the clurb, pcmr. WOULD DO BUSINESS AGAIN.

great times.

i know what you mean and in the summer its even more true..we need to hit up the peluso beer store extravaganza next time as well
    http://images.lpcdn.ca/924x615/201206/04/508013-depanneur-peluso.jpg

i went hoard in the paint at that SAQ signature at the eaton centre before we left. taking the elevator down to their in-store wine cellar is about coming to terms with the fact that you're about to drop a frightening amount of dosh on swill.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    I had a great time on Friday!
    Much dance that was muchly needed.
    My first time meeting internet people and it went well (not enough time with VI or PCMR, but hey). Shoutout to KidProcrass for the shots!
    Great meeting LoopDreams, OST, Danno3000 and Day as well. All genuinely nice dudes. All 3 djs killed it, as expected!

Thanks

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Big big BIG thanks to everyone who came out (some of you drove 5hrs!) and to PCMR for putting this all together. Was great meeting everyone and seeing some familiar faces again. I had a great time rocking with everybody. Sorry I didn't drink the shots that were flooding the DJ booth, but I woulda been a fucking wreck before my set was over 0_o

You guys are da bess. Soulstrut por vida