SS reunion Montreal/TO (DjDay related)

Comments

• bookeded.

if rides from toronto are an issue, i'll probably have a tiny bit of room. ass, gas or grass though.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    boom tadow! this is going to be an amazing!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Day graced us with a mini interview about cherished records
    peep game
    http://www.musicismysanctuary.com/dj-day-10-records
    come hear my dear is desert island disc

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    see yall folls in a week
    for MTL peeps ticks are for sale in these fine record slangin institutions :Atom Heart, Cheap Thrills & Phonopolis

for the outside folk holla pon da PM ill keep some aside for yall

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

Ticks for sale at Cheap Thrills, Atom Heart and Phonopolis
    holla at yours truly on PM and ill save you some as well

see you friday folls

:dominoes:

• pcmr said:

Ticks for sale at Cheap Thrills, Atom Heart and Phonopolis
    holla at yours truly on PM and ill save you some as well

see you friday folls

:dominoes:

lemme get 2 a them, PM me email so's i can send the loot.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    See ya Friday Hommies

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Looking forward to it!

Anyone up for drinks beforehand? If not, I'll be the guy with purple glasses. Come introduce yourself.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Danno3000 said:
    Anyone up for drinks beforehand? If not, I'll be the guy with purple glasses. Come introduce yourself.

Please tell me you're actually the dude in your avatar!

b/w

Non-attending Strutters are expecting a full review of the evening; pix, nerd-tastic music review, all the dirt please.

Duderonomy said:
    Danno3000 said:

Please tell me you're actually the dude in your avatar!

b/w

Non-attending Strutters are expecting a full review of the evening; pix, nerd-tastic music review, all the dirt please.

Ha!

That's Tom "Mars", the face of the infamous Mars records in Montreal circa 2002. This was a cavernous basement filled with virtually endless, moldy records. This was the kind of place where, if you were liked, you'd be warned against sitting in certain chairs known to have lice, or bed bugs, or ebola. Many a grail was pulled out of Mars, but generally it was an exercise in frustration. You would spend hours looking through filthy records, find a few of interest, and, with blackened hands, take them to the counter. There Tom would gleefully quote you the top Goldmine price, or some inflated number intended to leave you indignant, and then keep the records behind the counter when you refused to pay. It was a charming place.

Here, I found a picture of Mars through google, coincidentally from my own website:

RIP Mars records.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i was just talking about MArs today..it got shut down fornhealth safety issues RIP

all yall that PMed me i got your tickets reserved just say your name at the door
    Teh one vintage was so generous that shots to any strutters are on me (via him)

ill be in touch in PM an din this thread with more scheduled details on the venue and time

cant wait!!!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    One of my best digging trips was to Mars.

I remember there was a section in the back where I pulled Air and Heir:Pollution. The fact there was Caution Tape around it should have tipped me off that it was unsafe. Then Dan came over and instructed me to get out.... immediately. Some sort of black death mold or some shit.

Smoke a Doobie to this One:

• On the train right now!! Wasn't sure if it would work out but I'm on my way. Fucking pumped.

I get in at 8pm. Anything worth checking out tonight?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i would check this out and carabeean food to boot
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1522348378010124/?ref_dashboard_filter=invites

If anyone's down for Swartz's before the show I'ma gonna head that way around 8 I think. It's a bit of a ritual from back when I was a pothead mtl nogoodniac in the mid 90's. Hit me on the PM and we can text from there. Same dudes still slicing the meat. I'll probably go see Edouardo before hand (goodness knows he won't be at the show what with Nick running it.)
    Mars was a weird place, it fed a lot of stores in the late nineties.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    I'll be draped in a red Karl Kani velour track suit and a monocle.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Some sort of black death mold or some shit.

Oh indeed, I was really sick for several days after going through some of their inventory.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    How much teal should i wear?

• someone bump that "10 things to do" thraed SVP

• any word on set times?

Pcmr 's playing from 930 till 11 then Day.

I'd forgotten about mtl traffic

• DELAY! I'm coming over from Bell Ctr at around 930-1000! i want to get it poppin!!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    ill be the dude in the navy hoodie and vinyl shirt slight afro and maroon complexion
    i am spinngin 9:30- 11
    thank its musicis mysacntuary founder Lexis till 12:30
    then day closes shit down iits going to be crazy
    give your names at the door or ask for antoine

Thanks to PCMR for hosting a killer party! Day absolutely killed it. I think fully a third of the room was Strutters. Really nice to put faces to names after all this time and get a little geeky over good music.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    this event was such a success thanks for everyone that came out..i trid to get a photographer but to no avail however..day murked the club i am still in awe

vintage infants was so generous on the drinks and his umistakalble personality shone through even more itrl..danno what a pleasure to meet you in person..indeed as we were discussing the strut has led to a lot of accomplishements for all of us..loopdreams made it out and to the convention great guy and a very eclectic collector we need to talk more soon..ost good to finally meet even though we are in the same city and apparently have friends in common..gonna check your nights out more. shouts to kidprocass and the homie beatchemist (thanks for the inspiration to get a mpc)
    Last but not least the strutter girlfreinds which should start their own message board to deal with us as suggested by them.
    Such a great time sorry if imissed some of you and damn if i was not able to spend more time..i am amazed at what this website has brought to me over the years and am glad to see the flame is still going.

Day dropped record and lifelesson jewels for which i will always be grateful and put on a dazzling display of technique and solid as fuck selection. his quick edit on the fly game is something to witness. The venue was packed and rightfully calle a vinyl bar..so lets do this again in the near future

as drewnice mentionned when some of us meet up its like we are all there in spirit!

It was a great party on many levels, thanks Anto*ne! You knew Day was gonna slay the moment he whipped out these mats during setup:

You west coasters gotta gem of a dude in Day....

Meeting strutters face to face was a fantastic fun. Lots of laughs at our expense. And some sick dance moves.

I gotta say though, whatching PCMR trying to navigate the convention the next morning while in severe withdrawal from a night of partying and next to no sleep was poetry in motion and worth the price of admission alone.