What needs to be re-issued?

13»

Comments

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Eggplant Xanadoo said:
    Stanton Davis Ghetto Mysticism - Brighter Days

Was reissued last year, it's still around.

• jmjmjmjmjmjmjmjm 31 Posts
    Joe Harriott - Hum Dono

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    Eggplant Xanadoo said:

hmm.ive had this record and passed it along. wasnt really feeling it. something i missed?

• DJ_WubWubDJ_WubWub 874 Posts
    Another one for Gloria Ann Taylor EP.

• Dante said:
    Nothing, people should just keep diggin' and finding new gems...

I agree wholeheartedly. We have all become too lazy and spoiled. Re-issues just take away from the immense delight of discovering some grail or raers.

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    Horseleech said:
    Eggplant Xanadoo said:

hmm.ive had this record and passed it along. wasnt really feeling it. something i missed?

Horseleech, didn't know that. I'll check it. I really like a few tracks on there but as far as a long play facemelter I hear you tripledouble. I guess it had a personal component to it being a Boston release and was hoping it would unearth some non-album cuts that he made from around that time. also i never see anything else on that label Outrageous. Was there any additions to the repress? And what label released it?

By the way did Top Choice Clique's Peace Of Mind get repressed?

• LewisLewis Connecticut 101 Posts
    I mentioned in a previous thread that La Kabala totally needs to be done. Hope you can do it via Academy Horseleech.

have not idea why this soul masterpiece is still not reissued.

thought Egon would do this one...an absolute must.

and as far as what I would like Real Gone Music/Dustygroove to do on CD as double albums sets:

Harold Johnson Sextet -- House on Elm Street/Everybody Loves A Winner
    Freddie Robinson -- Black Atlantis/Hot Fun in the Summertime
    Wayne Henderson -- People Get Ready/Soul Sound System

while they are not rare they all have merit being done as killer double album sets

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Da Vinylmentalist said:
    Dante said:
    Nothing, people should just keep diggin' and finding new gems...

I agree wholeheartedly. We have all become too lazy and spoiled.

If you got lazy, it's your own fault - blaming reissues is pathetic.

And if you think there is some shortage of digging/discovery going on, you're just hanging with the wrong people - I can't keep up with all the shit being discovered these days. In fact, I can't even come close and I do it for a living.

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    I wonder if there is more music from that group The Mazyck Project off the Kon and Amir comp. That song blew me away and I can never find any info on the group.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Eggplant Xanadoo said:

By the way did Top Choice Clique's Peace Of Mind get repressed?

Yes, about 6 years ago.

crazypoprock said:
    Gloria Ann Taylor "Deep Inside You"....kinda obvious but still...SOMEBODY REISSUE THIS AND MAKE LOTS OF MONEY PLEASE!

Re-issued... or bootlegged?

http://www.phonicarecords.com/product/gloria-anne-taylor-deep-inside-you-music-gallery/123910

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    crazypoprock said:
    Gloria Ann Taylor "Deep Inside You"....kinda obvious but still...SOMEBODY REISSUE THIS AND MAKE LOTS OF MONEY PLEASE!

http://www.phonicarecords.com/product/gloria-anne-taylor-deep-inside-you-music-gallery/123910

I vaguely remember reading about this one being legit.

I'd love to see Leaders - It's a (Rat) Race re-ished.

It's a great little 45, but my limit is $300 on any one record. It goes for $1200 - $1400+ when auctioned.

• beezerholmesbeezerholmes Edinburgh 59 Posts
    parallax said:
    Duderonomy said:
    crazypoprock said:

The talk online is that Ubiquity were doing the official reissue and that this was a bootleg mastered from the vinyl.

I would be happy to be proven wrong though, as i want to buy this record.

beezerholmes said:
    parallax said:
    Duderonomy said:
    crazypoprock said:

The talk online is that Ubiquity were doing the official reissue and that this was a bootleg mastered from the vinyl.

I would be happy to be proven wrong though, as i want to buy this record.

Let's hope Ubiquity do a better mastering job for Gloria Ann Taylor than they did for Arthur Verocai. I think people said it compared unfavourably to an MP3 rip DJ Ferrari shared on here.

• parallax said:
    Duderonomy said:
    crazypoprock said:

Pretty sure it's a boot. Luv-n-Haight are doing a legit issue sometime soon.

EDIT: Oops, missed the post above.

• Lewis said:

thought Egon would do this one...an absolute must.

Looks like ATFA is putting it out next month

http://www.juno.co.uk/artists/Hailu+&+The+Walias+Mergia/

http://bandwidth.wamu.org/listen-funky-jazz-from-hailu-mergia-bandleader-turned-d-c-cab-driver/
    Before last year, keyboardist Hailu Mergia may have more closely identified as a cab driver than the ex-leader of one of EthiopiaÔÇÖs most popular bands. But when record label Awesome Tapes From Africa reissued his 1985 long-player Hailu Mergia & His Classical Instrument in June 2013, the cabbieÔÇÖs music career sprung to its feet after a long doze.

When I interviewed Mergia last year, he told me hadnÔÇÖt performed in public since 1992 or 1993. He spent six days a week driving a cab to and from Dulles airport. Not long after the reissue, the resident of Fort Washington, Maryland, was touring around the world and fetching reviews in the New York Times.

MergiaÔÇÖs second wind is still blowing strong: On Oct. 14, Awesome Tapes From Africa plans to reissue Tche Belew, a 1977 instrumental LP by MergiaÔÇÖs old group, Walias, otherwise known as Walias Band. Even casual followers of 1960s and 1970s Ethiopian music have probably heard one song from that album: the funky, hard-driving ÔÇ£Musicawi Silt,ÔÇØ one of the groupÔÇÖs most beloved tunes ever.

Today, Awesome Tapes From Africa released ÔÇ£Eti Gual Blenai,ÔÇØ a lesser-known cut from Tche Belew. With MergiaÔÇÖs keys leading the charge, the band surges forward in spurts, then falls back into a simmering jam. ItÔÇÖs a time capsule from a fruitful period in Ethiopian music, one that was cut short by a new dictatorship that sent artists like Mergia fleeing to safer shores.

Horseleech said:
    parallax said:
    Duderonomy said:
    crazypoprock said:

Pretty sure it's a boot. Luv-n-Haight are doing a legit issue sometime soon.

EDIT: Oops, missed the post above.

Sorry - when I said I vaguely remember reading about a legit issue, I meant Luv n Haight. The Athens of the North Dudes re-posted something on fb about it last week.

Sorry for the confusion.

• gazgaz 232 Posts
    jmjmjmjm said:
    Joe Harriott - Hum Dono

been tried, never going to happen

• Never released on LP...but i would love a 180gm 3Xlp gatefold with a bonus disc of unreleased alternate takes.

• I want to do a deluxe reissue with comprehensive notes and interviews for "Boxcar Sessions".

Someone kickstart me

• I can't wait to see Carsten Meinert Kvartet "To You" re-issued:

I've been working on it for more than 2 years now and finally we're getting really close.

I'm very excited!

• Jonny_Paycheck said:
    I want to do a deluxe reissue with comprehensive notes and interviews for "Boxcar Sessions".

Someone kickstart me

Would be great with an instrumentals disc.

Controller_7 said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    I want to do a deluxe reissue with comprehensive notes and interviews for "Boxcar Sessions".

Someone kickstart me

Would be great with an instrumentals disc.

I'd cop

• There's already that b-sides cd-r, but I'd cop with instrumentals and some interviews. It's a pretty unique album.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Crazy Noise - Stezo

Never liked the low sound of Sleeping Bag's vinyl release.
    The singles were fine.
    The 90's CD release was shitty as fuck and sounded like they just mastered it from a record.
    Shit had needle pops and static.

I want remaster double wax, digital download, and CD.
    All the singles, B-sides, remixes, whatever.

And some text about ePMD "spinoffs" predating Hit Squad and Connecticut Hip Hop of the time.